Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VI ME PLEASE!

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Role - recognized weakness that we understand to have some value and so we try to use it to balance our overpowering base function. A source of anxiety.

PoLR - Weakness that is crippling when put into focus. We either ignore it completely or we overly counterbalance it. A source of incapability.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also look at the dual-seeking and hidden agenda functions

Dual Seeking - I associate it with the function we forgot. We appreciate it when people bring it into focus. When someone shows this function we'll start gravitating toward them.

Hidden Agenda - The function we want to achieve. We're more aware of it than the dual-seeking but it's not as important to us when interacting with others.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you explained that very well it makes sense now, so I guess would be my role function because it was something that I needed to use heavily at the insurance company, hence the reason I had so much anxiety there, thanks for the info.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes some sense, however it's usually not that clear. That may be true, but don't put too much weight into what I said because it's just a brief explanation.

that said, I do think you are ENFj.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much do you relate to this? Socionics : Extraverted Ethics
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each unusual intonation or gesture, each hint of irritation in our voice, each awkward pause, each chuckle or sudden change of expression sends a extraverted ethics signal to other people.
    Yes, I definitely notice these gestures in others and always know what they mean. For instance, I was in class one day, and the instructor had a list of questions for the class that were extremely complicated and seemed to be off topic, I said to him, "So how many more questions are there", he chuckled in such a way that gave me the impression that he was slightly amused by everyone's annoyance, I could tell it gave him a little bit of pleasure and I know this to be a fact because little things like that never tell a lie.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which function deals with the fact that sometimes I miss small details in reading lengthy pages of things I find to be boring? Is that ?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Which function deals with the fact that sometimes I miss small details in reading lengthy pages of things I find to be boring? Is that ?
    I'm pretty sure what you get out of a reading depends on the content. Though I think the "ability" to read without actually taking in any information may be related to weak Si. Not focusing on what you're doing. Could be wrong.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    ":te:" polr.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok guys which one is it? I notice this tends to happen to me a lot. I will be reading something and I don't know if it's just because I'm not interested or what, but I can't seem to assimilate it all that well, like I'm reading the words but they go over my head I guess.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People like to associate being able to read large amounts of text to Te. I disagree because I'm no better at it than most, especially if I'm not interested in whats being said.

Te/Ti may be associated with the form in which text is created and best understood, but it has nothing to do with a better ability to read.

It doesn't matter which type you are. If you're not interested in the text, it's going to be hard to read.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like most text books are written in another language personally thanks for the info Azeroff.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some things associated with Te:

* optimizing actions and processes
    * correct actions in various situations
    * clarifying information(actually, in this respect reading may be easier for Te types, but if you're problem is staying focused on the reading itself, then it is not Te.)
    * perfecting old and inventing new methods and forms of activity
    * new constructive applications of objects in a concrete situation

Si:

* physical sensations and experiences and feelings related to them
    * physiological needs: food, sex, etc.
    * health
    * comfort; arranging one's habitat for one's day-to-day activities
    * designing things based on what is at hand (and not based on an abstract concept)

Notes on "The Semantics of the Information Elements"
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if all that is true, then I suck at , also how does this function relate to finding details in papers, text, etc.?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noticing details in general is associated with Si. Si is associated with internalize all sensory data. Weak Si means you will often be oblivious to your surroundings and physical sensations. This is in contrast to Se which is associated with being able to stay in control of a situation and knowing how much force you need to put into a situation. Staying in control doesn't always mean that you dominate it, just that you can navigate it with ease.

Both are detail oriented, but Si is about the sensations and Se about spacial positioning. Si about how the senses affect you and Se about how you can affect them.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12