Thread: IEI Extroverted Thinking Te Polr (INFp)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they don't manage money very well. they hate routine tasks and blow them off. they prefer an out of the box thinking style rather than a go by the book way to do things.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    they don't manage money very well. they hate routine tasks and blow them off. they prefer an out of the box thinking style rather than a go by the book way to do things.
    i know types who are not Te polr who have all those characteristics

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    i know types who are not Te polr who have all those characteristics
    prolly so. keepin it real though. sometimes those descriptions on the wiki get overly analytical.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    prolly so. keepin it real though. sometimes those descriptions on the wiki get overly analytical.
    Is this what it means? I thought "keep it real" meant "be yourself"!

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It fits me. I never want to go anywhere involving finances, if I get money it would be more for some celebrity thing benefiting others, a lot of IEIs get paid that way. I also am really sweet and caring so people will take care of me in that regard, because it bores me to death. A lot of people think I'm avoiding responsibility or something but no, it's just too draining lol. Why should I focus my attention in that area when I get much more improvement focusing on my strengths? It's a misnomer to think improving weaknesses helps you, maximizing strength is the only thing that works.

Yeah I'd marry for money because I have enough love to give both of us, so if somebody wants to focus on the money while I give the love, to me that's just a natural balance. It amuses me that people think I'm a golddigger but nah. It's just a natural balance that works. Society says it's unfair to make women stay at home (when they don't want to), well it's just as unfair to make men work when it doesn't naturally mesh with their personality and what they have to offer.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It fits me. I never want to go anywhere involving finances, if I get money it would be more for some celebrity thing benefiting others, a lot of IEIs get paid that way. I also am really sweet and caring so people will take care of me in that regard, because it bores me to death. A lot of people think I'm avoiding responsibility or something but no, it's just too draining lol. Why should I focus my attention in that area when I get much more improvement focusing on my strengths? It's a misnomer to think improving weaknesses helps you, maximizing strength is the only thing that works.

Yeah I'd marry for money because I have enough love to give both of us, so if somebody wants to focus on the money while I give the love, to me that's just a natural balance. It amuses me that people think I'm a golddigger but nah. It's just a natural balance that works. Society says it's unfair to make women stay at home (when they don't want to), well it's just as unfair to make men work when it doesn't naturally mesh with their personality and what they have to offer.
    I agree 100%
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at it more abstractly, I'd say Te polr is an unwillingness to be bound by the Te "potential causalities" that result from the Fi state.

Meaning that Fi has a limiting quality to it; "Based on what I intuited/felt from the state of things there are such and such appropriate actions."

(Delta NF's give me a very prescriptive vibe)

Te polr's dont need this shit. The Te is too situationally specific and based on some inherent essence in situations that merry types simply cannot perceive.

Te polr's look for an abstract and static guide that is universal: "Oh, this kind of situation is playing out. I know how things work based on the factors I can point to, and through this, I can assume that the person has x motivation."

Te polr's feel limited and constrained by Te. It feels arbitrary and based on axioms (Fi), which cannot be specified or universalized.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ehhhh *gives 'so so hands'* to Jake. I guessssss. Idk.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Looking at it more abstractly, I'd say Te polr is an unwillingness to be bound by the Te "potential causalities" that result from the Fi state.

Meaning that Fi has a limiting quality to it; "Based on what I intuited/felt from the state of things there are such and such appropriate actions."

(Delta NF's give me a very prescriptive vibe)

Te polr's dont need this shit. The Te is too situationally specific and based on some inherent essence in situations that merry types simply cannot perceive.

Te polr's look for an abstract and static guide that is universal: "Oh, this kind of situation is playing out. I know how things work based on the factors I can point to, and through this, I can assume that the person has x motivation."

Te polr's feel limited and constrained by Te. It feels arbitrary and based on axioms (Fi), which cannot be specified or universalized.
    "Potential" means "Internal" to me (making "potential causalities" "internal dynamics")... in fact this whole post sounds like the difference between and to me (with maybe a little thrown in). You're comparing yourself with ENTj?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    . Why should I focus my attention in that area when I get much more improvement focusing on my strengths? It's a misnomer to think improving weaknesses helps you, maximizing strength is the only thing that works.
    Sharpen a sword too much and it becomes brittle, just as sharpening a sword too little keeps it blunt.
    Maximizing strengths has its advantages, but alone its flimsy and you have nothing when it breaks. Te is a horrible function to put absolutely no work into.

Abstractions aside, personally, i feel the merit in improving weaknesses is just that. You improve your weaknesses. Flushing yourself out is benificial to those around you and anything unchecked is something unmonitored. The shadow functions still manifest, and without improvement they are destructive.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.