Thread: Who acts like this: ISTj or ISTp?

Hybrid View

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who acts like this: ISTj or ISTp?

Who would be most likely to be surprised and disappointed if things don't go as planned, an SLI or an LSI? Like if something doesn't turn out the way they had imagined, which happens often.

Example 1: they get really excited about decorating their room a certain way, put a lot of work into it and are extremely disappointed and depressed when the result doesn't match their expectations

Example 2: they make plans to do something special with a significant other, plans fall through due to poor scheduling, they become irreversably disappointed ("the night is ruined"), proceeds to act cold and unresponsive

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI. Probably. I can't imagine an SLI getting annoyed about anything like that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    LSI. Probably. I can't imagine an SLI getting annoyed about anything like that.
    agreed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could this be related to lack of foresight, first and foremost? Especially the part about being so shocked that things could've turned out this way. It seems to me like an inability to foresee things accurately, which creates an incorrect idea that will inevitably bring disappointment once realized. It does seem like somewhat rigid thinking, though I find it quite endearing because to me it shows that they actually care and I can then make them feel better about it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's general S.

no offense.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I can't imagine an SLI getting annoyed about anything like that.
    Why?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Why?
    would you?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband wouldn't be bothered by plans falling through. He'd be miserable being married to me. LOL.

LSIs I've known have HATED about me how I have trouble keeping with plans. The poor scheduling thing. They want things to happen as planned.

Ne makes people have trouble staying on one course. If you value Ne, it doesn't bother you when the course changes, but if Ne is not a valued function, you might very well not like that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it's so much about plans falling through per se. It's more like he gets excited about the idea in his mind and when it doesn't happen the way he pictures, he has difficulty getting past it.

He's very open to moving things around beforehand though. If I suggest rearanging things, he's usually pretty willing to go with it. We've cancelled plans at the last minute or just decided not to follow through plenty of times before and it hasn't been an issue. The only time it seems to bother him is when he has idealized the plan in his mind, but not when it's just an obligation.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    My husband wouldn't be bothered by plans falling through. He'd be miserable being married to me. LOL.

LSIs I've known have HATED about me how I have trouble keeping with plans. The poor scheduling thing. They want things to happen as planned.

Ne makes people have trouble staying on one course. If you value Ne, it doesn't bother you when the course changes, but if Ne is not a valued function, you might very well not like that.
    Changing direction and adjusting to new possibilities does not bother me, but if I set my hopes and expectations on something specific (doesn't have to be anything concrete though, it can just be a conceptual idea/goal) and fail to reach it, I can easily get disappointed.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.