Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
I've been thinking about how to answer this question for the past several hours. The short answer is I don't really know, or I don't feel like I've been made aware of what it is. The things I commonly hear as responses to this question, for instance, a wife, a family, a good paying and secure job, some answer involving a lot of money, living life to the max with no regrets, etc., are things that don't really... captivate me. In other words, they don't push me or motivate me or intrigue me, otherwise I would be pursuing something along those lines.

My life at this point can either be viewed as some sort of sleepwalk where I'm just sort of finding my way through each day with minimal risks and minimal catalyzation dabbling in a little of this and a little of that but never feeling completely immersed or completely enthralled with what I choose to do, or it can be viewed as some sort of weird contentment where I'm able to sustain myself but in a very ... inefficient and/or unhealthy way. Because of that, I'm finding it difficult to pinpoint exactly what it is that will grant me long-term happiness.
I can relate to this! It's an SLI habit to remain dormant until motivated. We have a good tolerance for this, but you may be needing a catalyst to get you out of your rut. That usually means, sad to say...people.