Hybrid View

TIM
    Ni-IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    Do you really want to find out your type?
    I don't know, maybe I should make a thread about it.

Well, it seems as if it's highly unlikely I'm an INTp, so I can scratch that off my list. Really, the descriptions of the Gamma quadrant were always foreign to me.

Alpha NT is the general consensus, so all I have to do now is decide between ENTp and INTj. Although I didn't get a definite answer, I appreciate the help you've all provided me.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh well yeah, you could be INTj too.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although everyone in this thread is sure I'm an Alpha NT, I'm really not. No one really bothered to explain why, so I'm left confused.
    IEI

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OnePiece View Post
    Although everyone in this thread is sure I'm an Alpha NT, I'm really not. No one really bothered to explain why, so I'm left confused.
    This is true, and unfortunately, it's how typing often goes here at this forum...

Usually, someone pulls a typing out of their ass, others agree with it, (trying to sound knowledgeable all the while, maybe throwing in some enneagram stuff to obscure their ignorance,) and then it snowballs until it becomes a consensus.

And thus the typing is total horseshit.

Have you thought about LSI..? You have a laconic style of responding that I've noted in many Ti-LSIs.

Many LSIs believe that they have to be some sort of "NT" when they come to Socionics--b/c they come from other systems (e.g. MBTI,) and know that they are 'imaginative' and 'creative.' Certainly, many LSIs are both.

P.S. having just read what you've written in this thread... I have no idea how Alpha NT was what was decided on by the people who typed you... quiet, sometimes socially awkward, somewhat aggressive... Beta would be the first quadra I'd look at if I was you. Beta introvert specifically. (LSI even more specifically.)

TIM
    Ni-IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that the typing is bullshit, but at the moment, I'm considering INxp (far more so INTp), and just wanted to know everyone's reason for Alpha NT. And also because of opposing viewpoint from another forums with basically the same information.

I wouldn't describe myself as aggressive at all, actually. I've thought about LSI and deemed it unlikely along with all the other Beta types (excluding INFp, which is the only ethical type I could see myself being for some reason, but that isn't very likely either). When applying force, assertiveness, and direct action are absolutely necessary in a situation, I have difficultly doing so, and just end up not achieving anything. But, Se-creative works in so many other ways, am I right? I really think I'm an intuitive type because Sx just seems so unlikely.
    Last edited by OnePiece; 12-16-2009 at 08:33 PM.
    IEI

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try to help you get the right type--or at least in the right quadra--if you want.(You might well be right about INTp.)

These are a couple of questions that I usually ask:

1) Who is someone famous (could be now or from history) you admire..? Very briefly: why?

2) What's some entertainment that you like..? Could be TV shows, bands, specific movies, specific authors, etc

3) What do you want to be doing in five years..? Ten years..?

TIM
    Ni-IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Who is someone famous (could be now or from history) you admire..? Very briefly: why?

This question ... it always frustrates me because I have no idea. I actually had to write an essay with the same question and I settled on Richard Dawkins. I believe I cited his ability to play to his audience and articulate himself so well. Of course, there was more, but those two things come to mind.

2) What's some entertainment that you like..? Could be TV shows, bands, specific movies, specific authors, etc

House, Monk, and any version of CSI, I'm attracted to mysteries. TBS is probably the best station on television because of its re-runs of The Office, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, and King of Queens.

3) What do you want to be doing in five years..? Ten years..?

No idea.
    IEI