Thread: Stages of Duality

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    Cassandra, don't get my hopes up, my Imago is LIE. >w< My experience mostly corroborates your theory though. I grew up with an SLI mom, with whom I am very close, and I love Te egos, whereas most of my EII friends did not grow up with Te egos, and they prefer ethical types or Ne egos. My one EII friend who has an LSE mom does not have a great relationship with her and so does not like Te egos that much.
    Well, being with an LIE wouldn't be too bad for you. It is not like your Imago is SLE or EIE, haha. With an Imago that close to your Dual and considering your upbringing, I find it somewhat likely for you to be able to find an LSE who you also find uniquely attractive (because that's what Imago attraction is really about; unique attraction). Even if you didn't end up with your Dual, your Semi-Dual is really good enough. Somehow I find it the most likely you'll meet and possibly end up with an xLI, though – which would be fine, too.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Well, being with an LIE wouldn't be too bad for you. It is not like your Imago is SLE or EIE, haha. With an Imago that close to your Dual and considering your upbringing, I find it somewhat likely for you to be able to find an LSE who you also find uniquely attractive (because that's what Imago attraction is really about; unique attraction). Even if you didn't end up with your Dual, your Semi-Dual is really good enough. Somehow I find it the most likely you'll meet and possibly end up with an xLI, though – which would be fine, too.
    I agree, I would bet I will end up with an SLI, though I like ILIs more. <__> How do you feel toward SLEs, SEEs, LSIs, and ESIs? Do you think it is likely you will end up with one of them, or another type? How often do you encounter them? Are you close with many of them?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Hm I think your referring to the superego taking hints from the duals Id block. Your see your dual using your role function in a way that supports your suggestive (their base), so you start using it in the same way. But your role is weak and they will automatically resist it when it negatively affects their base. But this affects you too as your suggestive and you mimic their example again, etc. gradually you get better at your role and their unconscious resistence weakens, it actually becomes impossible for them to oppose your role when it is supporting their base.
    Ummm...
    I've been in a situation where SEI says that I need act tougher, in a way ESEs are bit easier in this regard. I get bit upset if I order people around.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    How do you feel toward SLEs, SEEs, LSIs, and ESIs? Do you think it is likely you will end up with one of them, or another type? How often do you encounter them? Are you close with many of them?
    I tend to feel more attracted to Gamma SFs. Probably has something to do with my Imago being Fi valuing/IEE. From those 4 options, I tend to be the least attracted to LSIs. But I meet and come across LSIs as well as ESIs the most often from those types. As I said earlier, it probably has something to do with the HAs. And Se leads live in another world. That world is a mirror to my own, so it is complementary, but on the other side regardless. I meet Se leads very rarely. When I am walking around in public, I bet I walk past Se leads, but I do not really get to know them. Same with Te leads really. And again, fits my "different worlds"-theory. Interestingly though, from those guys who've approached me in public, they were either SEE or LSE (ouch haha). Basically, if I got "out" more and frequented certain places more, I'd be able to meet an Se lead. But I'd have to get out of my way to meet them. I don't have to do that with ESIs and LSIs. My closest friends have been ESI women, LSI men, and IEE women.

The only likely types for me are Ni valuing really (even though I sometimes come across Alpha SFs with whom I'd feel tempted to go with and just "see what happens" ). Partly because those are the only types I am willing to date long-term/potentially marry. From the Ni valuing ones, LIE and ESI are mostly "out", too. While I go back and forth with considering them as options, reality teaches me that the interaction is usually too tricky or lop-sided or stressful. If I kept focusing on Socionics and type-related stuff and never got out of my comfort zone or past the borders of my world, then a fellow Ni lead would become the most likely. Though I currently rather stay away from a fellow IEI (but I might change my mind) and ILIs usually don't have the right kind of Enneagram compatibility with me (but I might "get lucky"), so... Also, I don't plan on never traveling outside of my world. In that case, maybe SEE would be the most likely. Or some LSI-Se, but I don't have much Imago attraction to LSIs, so I'd have to choose compatibility over attraction there. I find SLE unlikely because of Enneagram differences and too different lifestyles. If I found an EIE in my social circle with whom I vibed well and stuff, maybe EIE. I've met more EIE men than Se lead ones in my social circles and classes, but there hasn't been one that was compatible/attractive/available so far.

As of now I find SEE the most likely, because of certain Enneagram compatibilities, possible opportunities in the future, my Imago, my preferences, etc. But who knows, my personal bias could very well cloud my vision there. It's largely a matter of who I will come across, be approached by, and who I will accept. It is not entirely clear yet whether I will make myself enter situations with a compatible SEE around.

Anyway, I think it's gonna be one of the Ni valuing types minus ESI and LIE.
    The most likely being (as of now): EIE, SEE, LSI.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality is for Alphas. There. I said it. ��

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Society is specialized hence you need to get out of your comfort zone in order to dualize. I have in a way. It is not so bad what I thought first although work in progress. You need to properly face your Role IE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you even want to dualize, if you aren't alpha?

The duals and Quadra concepts are both incredibly alpha value groupings of things.

Heck, my HA sounds a whole heck of a lot like my benefit ring, imo. And my suggestive sounds a whole heck of a lot like my supervision ring.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had the experience of sociopathic men and female friends conjuring the illusion of duality during the "lovebombing" phase (google that term if you need to) so I am not sure if I have ever experienced it, and I am not sure if I can tell them apart. But, I'm pretty sure my younger brother is my dual, we have always had an uncanny ability to "read each other's minds" and finish the other's sentences, almost like twins do, even tho we are half related.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    I have had the experience of sociopathic men and female friends conjuring the illusion of duality during the "lovebombing" phase (google that term if you need to) so I am not sure if I have ever experienced it, and I am not sure if I can tell them apart. But, I'm pretty sure my younger brother is my dual, we have always had an uncanny ability to "read each other's minds" and finish the other's sentences, almost like twins do, even tho we are half related.
    Yeah, I've played with lovebombing before. Pretty Fd up stuff. Bad thing is that if you know how to do it effectively, you start to question if you're doing it or not lol. The villain in Jessica Jones on Netflix described something similar, in that he has no way of knowing if it is genuine or not.

What you're saying sounds more like being Identical than duals though, or maybe mirrors. I don't get that vibe from Duals really.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345