Thread: Question for Ni egos

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for Ni egos

Do you find yourself in particular situations where you think you already know what's going to happen and behave accordingly? Thus confusing others or getting way ahead of everyone? Do you see this as a positive or a negative trait? Do you do things to stop yourself from jumping ahead, or do you feel like it's good to be the prophet and lead others in that direction?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, it happens the most when talking to other people. ill say the end conclusion and then they'll reply with the 1 step ahead answer, then i'll ask another question and they'll answer, then i'll ask another question and they'll answer the same thing i said. i see it as a weakness for the other person, never a weakness for myself. the person is too ego driven to say 'i don't know' in those situations. so they hold onto their positions and i have to question them, and when i do they get defensive like i'm attacking them.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Do you find yourself in particular situations where you think you already know what's going to happen and behave accordingly? Thus confusing others or getting way ahead of everyone? Do you see this as a positive or a negative trait? Do you do things to stop yourself from jumping ahead, or do you feel like it's good to be the prophet and lead others in that direction?
    Yeah, it happens. I think it's a positive trait, although to me that happens with more, let's say, practical stuff rather than prophetic - I can cut through traffic when crossing the city with the bike predicting the trajectories of the cars for example
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes it's so hard for me to believe that others don't see where things are headed, that I'm afraid I end up being condescending. Incredulous. And that I look down on people. And then retreat into myself with a feeling of frustrated superiority. And then I think well maybe I should slow down. But I can't. Cause I see it. and it's clear. and obvious. and then I'm impatient for it to unfold because I know I'm right. I often find it a frustrating position to be in. Which is probably one reason why Ni needs Se. To make it happen more quickly and lessen the frustration.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty hard to come up with examples, which is strange since it's my first function. Probably tells something about how aware we are of our function...

But here's one general example.

Each time when I have to make choices, wether it's a crossroads we should take, or something else with a number of options, I can imagine really quickly what would happen if we choose option 1 or what would happen if we choose option 2. I can sense all kind of dangers quickly and say which option is riskiest and what kind of things might happen.

Also a real life example:

my friend was taunting the police (we were drunk) and I could exact predict the moment when it was time to leave. You watch their behaviour and know what they are gonna do next. The SLE friend of mine was clearly oblivious of this. On the other hand this could also all be just luck, it's not a thourough experiment, but it wouldn't surprise me if it had to do with Ni.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, it happens. I think it's a positive trait, although to me that happens with more, let's say, practical stuff rather than prophetic - I can cut through traffic when crossing the city with the bike predicting the trajectories of the cars for example
    Isn't that more Se or Te?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I was wondering too whether that is Ni, I think that most people use 'trajectory projection' to drive through traffic.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I wondered that too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Se, because my ISFj friend can't do that, but it could be Te.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably Si (certainly not Te... Te isn't spacial). Any type can do that though. And any type could be bad at it.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The types most concerned with "the future" in a speculative and predictive sense are Alpha NT.

Ni's just know that everything is always the same in essence (nothing new under the sun) and content themselves with "knowing" the future by that.

I could give you my infamous aspect explanations, but you'd all yell at me so phucket.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    The types most concerned with "the future" in a speculative and predictive sense are Alpha NT.
    I know two LIIs who are both very scared of living and dying. One of them often cannot sleep for fear of the future. It makes me sad. Neither of them are married to duals.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni's just know that everything is always the same in essence (nothing new under the sun) and content themselves with "knowing" the future by that.
    right. Take death for example. I don't fear it. I know it's coming at some point but it happens to everyone. It would never keep me awake at night.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could give you my infamous aspect explanations, but you'd all yell at me so phucket.
    Yes, I see those professors on tv speculating about the universe and earth and space travel a lot. Is that what you meant?

It seems more of discussing the future, but not really seeing the future. They might even be more right about the future, but in my case I get pictures of things that could go wrong, planted in my head every minute or so. In their case they sit around a table and discuss the future, those are different things. Just IMO...

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Probably Si (certainly not Te... Te isn't spacial). Any type can do that though. And any type could be bad at it.
    It's probably doable in many ways by different functions... I do it all the time, so it's probably not specific to Si.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I meant to say, obviously, it's that I'm better than average at that kind of stuff. But whatever guys, just keep on with your mental masturbations.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, I already know what somebody is gonna do or say usually. I dunno what it is, like just recently I knew my dad would criticize me for something when he stepped into the kitchen, and he did. And I recently told my therapist something like "You're really boring me because I already know what you're going to say." He looked offended a bit, well he was Delta so that was the last appointment with that therapist. =D

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    Where is the line drawn though, or can one be drawn, between 'knowing' based on natural intuitive forecasting, and knowing based on probability, fact and experience.

I once spotted two pit bulls leisurely sniffing the pavement while their owner was chatting with a friend. Nothing but maybe a bit of anxiety I seemed to pick up from the dogs that there will be a major incident in the near future. The thought was instantaneous, without analyzing circumstances, type of breed, etc. Two weeks later, the incident happened, and the owner was forced to euthanize one of the pitbulls. Now, one might argue with common sense that a pitbull will most likely be involved in an altercation at some point in its life, as would any breed of similar disposition. However, this prediction was specific as to time - near term, not at any point in its life.
    that's not typical Ni. It sounds more like a gipsy fortune telling story. But I don't say it didn't happen, I just say you're overrating Ni here...

More likely Ni is when you see two pittbulls you get a 1 second duration mental picture of dogs running towards you and ripping you to shreds. Forseeings risks is typical Ni (Te)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    Where is the line drawn though, or can one be drawn, between 'knowing' based on natural intuitive forecasting, and knowing based on probability, fact and experience.

I once spotted two pit bulls leisurely sniffing the pavement while their owner was chatting with a friend. Nothing but maybe a bit of anxiety I seemed to pick up from the dogs that there will be a major incident in the near future. The thought was instantaneous, without analyzing circumstances, type of breed, etc. Two weeks later, the incident happened, and the owner was forced to euthanize one of the pitbulls. Now, one might argue with common sense that a pitbull will most likely be involved in an altercation at some point in its life, as would any breed of similar disposition. However, this prediction was specific as to time - near term, not at any point in its life.
    i get this too. perhaps it's 7th function Ni. example:

about 15 years ago i met a woman in my aerobics class. just one time. she and i talked, she said she was training for the NYC marathon. there was something about her that looked vulnerable, even though she obviously had a lot of strength and endurance to be training for a marathon. i knew something bad was going to happen to her.

about a week later she was brutally raped and murdered by the infamous "Bike Path Rapist".

13 years later, the rapist was finally caught. he was a family man. an upstanding citizen. i met his wife, who was divorcing him, in a support group for divorcing people. i didn't predict meeting his wife, but somehow it surprised me not at all.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

about 15 years ago i met a woman in my aerobics class. just one time. she and i talked, she said she was training for the NYC marathon. there was something about her that looked vulnerable, even though she obviously had a lot of strength and endurance to be training for a marathon. i knew something bad was going to happen to her.

about a week later she was brutally raped and murdered by the infamous "Bike Path Rapist".

13 years later, the rapist was finally caught. he was a family man. an upstanding citizen. i met his wife, who was divorcing him, in a support group for divorcing people. i didn't predict meeting his wife, but somehow it surprised me not at all.
    whoa, BIZARRE.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know.

i helped to catch the university heights rapist, too, in 1990.

ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know.

i helped to catch the university heights rapist, too, in 1990.
    are you serious?????
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this is Ni.. actually based on the bold it seems more Ne. As an Ni-ego, I would dismiss a thought like that as nonsense. If I did sense something like that, my thinking would literally be "I get a feeling something bad is going to happen to her... eh, doubt it, don't see any good reason why." Maybe because I'm logic based, but I think Ni tends to try be a little more realistic. It is in fact more probability oriented rather than possibility.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I don't think this is Ni.. actually based on the bold it seems more Ne. As an Ni-ego, I would dismiss a thought like that as nonsense. If I did sense something like that, my thinking would literally be "I get a feeling something bad is going to happen to her... eh, doubt it, don't see any good reason why."
    it's not Ne. Ne is more everyday, immediate possibilites. these intuitions were in the probability category. 7th function, i'm convinced. i don't get these that often. the last time i had one of these was in January 2008. it was about what turned out to be the stock market housing bubble crash.

Ni egos would have Ne type of deep seated intuitions. i have no idea what these would be like.

ILE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually see Ne egos doing this. Forecasting, and what not. My ENTP dad is big on seeing potential and what is bound to happen, sort of seeing hidden implications that aren't even there sometimes, and usually I'm just like "whatever" I'll leave it up to imagination if I care enough about that specific thing. I don't really care about knowing for sure in a lot of circumstances. I think the basic Ni/Se theme is accepting uncertainty. I know something is bound to happen, and if it's anything major I'm sure someone who cares about me will warn me ahead of time. I use Ne too though, so I can usually see things happen ahead of time as they relate closer to me.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not Ne. Ne is more everyday, immediate possibilites. these intuitions were in the probability category. 7th function, i'm convinced. i don't get these that often. the last time i had one of these was in January 2008. it was about what turned out to be the stock market housing bubble crash.

Ni egos would have Ne type of deep seated intuitions. i have no idea what these would be like.
    "everyday, immediate possibilties"?

Like guessing whether someone likes warm or cold cookies?

SUBTLE STRAWMAN ALERT.

IM SORRY.

what do you mean by that?
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Fuck, I'm slow today....
    Well, at least I'm not the only one who thought so
    ...about it not being Ni that is..
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne does not forecast.

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about. i'll answer questions, but i won't argue.

ILE

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about. i'll answer questions, but i won't argue.
    please explain?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    please explain?
    what is your question, Azeroffs?

ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Do you find yourself in particular situations where you think you already know what's going to happen and behave accordingly?
    Yeah.

Thus confusing others or getting way ahead of everyone?
    Sometimes, but it usually becomes clear.

Do you see this as a positive or a negative trait?
    That's subjective. To people who value Ni, it's a positive trait. It is possible to get too ahead of the game though.

For example, Ni types create situations for Se types to act on. You have to wait until they've taken the bait for one scenario before they'll be far enough along the path to take the bait for another scenario. If the situation you're baiting them into is too far from the where you currently are, they won't see/understand the challenge you've laid out for them and won't be in a position to act on it.

Do you do things to stop yourself from jumping ahead,
    Yes! I'm also EJ though...

or do you feel like it's good to be the prophet and lead others in that direction?
    I think it's more of a question of ahead vs. too far ahead.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    For example, Ni types create situations for Se types to act on. You have to wait until they've taken the bait for one scenario before they'll be far enough along the path to take the bait for another scenario. If the situation you're baiting them into is too far from the where you currently are, they won't see/understand the challenge you've laid out for them and won't be in a position to act on it.
    yeah, makes sense.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Ni types are retardededededede they need Se types to act on their behalf...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah Ni types are retardededededede they need Se types to act on their behalf...
    I can't tell you how much I wish this weren't true for me.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessary retarded, but somewhat absent-minded and clumsy probably. Thankfully, there are people who find these traits endearing (apparently).