Thread: Met an ISTp! (finally)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Met an ISTp! (finally)

Seems super fun! I couldn't stop myself from talking non-stop though, which was kind of embarrassing. oh well.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure? Haven't you finally met an ISTp several other times?
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shoot...yeah I think you're right.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Seems super fun! I couldn't stop myself from talking non-stop though, which was kind of embarrassing. oh well.
    SLIs have that effect, don't they?

Don't worry! I'm sure your SLI was interested. Or at the very least, amused.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enfp's are always non stop talking. but don't worry, it's usually very interesting what they have to say so it's easy to non stop listening to you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    SLIs have that effect, don't they?

Don't worry! I'm sure your SLI was interested. Or at the very least, amused.
    Awww, you guys. :wink:
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Awww, you guys. :wink:

Creepy-male

Socionics..... Collect all 16 types!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Socionics..... Collect all 16 types!
    Collect 16 ISTp's.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
    :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
    Last edited by Cyrano; 09-29-2009 at 12:43 AM.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Creepy-male

Collect 16 ISTp's.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::w ink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Only they're all SLIs.

Hmm.

I approve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collect 16 ISTp's.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::w ink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to locate even 1 of you guys? Lol! I think socionics action figures are a great idea though.

Creepy-male

Do you have any idea how hard it is to locate even 1 of you guys? Lol! I think socionics action figures are a great idea though.
    I love this idea also

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm now starting to second-guess the type. I know a lot of ISTjs mistype as ISTps...

I know all about the differences in theory, but I suppose I just assumed since he said he was ISTp, that he was. I'm now wondering if he could be ISTj...

When I described Si, as being comfort-focused, he didn't immediately agree w/ that. Though did agree w/ the Te description. I'm also not sure if he was blank enough. ISTps are suppose to look very blank right? He's also scheduled things in advance. He seems slightly more status focused than me...like picked to live in a really nice building...though I dunno if that was for Si-type comfort or not. ISTjs have a slight gleam in their eye right? He might have that.

In favor of ISTp, I described an ENFj as far as how they want an emotional reaction, and he said he wouldn't like that. He does some extreme sports.

I wish there was a definite way to know. sigh. I guess time will tell but I just hate how I'm often wrong about identifying ISTps...it's seriously the one type I can't seem to spot.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Met an ISTp! (finally)
    Sounds anti-climactic.

The last thing you need to worry about with an SLI is embarrassing yourself.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sounds anti-climactic.

The last thing you need to worry about with an SLI is embarrassing yourself.
    Why is that?
    IEE

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by eddikens View Post
    Why is that?
    Yeah it's interesting, it's difficult for people to embarrass themself around me, i'm not sure why, I just think we're all people and who cares about w/e it is. Maybe that is just me though, perhaps Joy's got a better explanation.

Maybe I appreciate the genuiness of the person when they do or say something that's thought of as embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yeah it's interesting, it's difficult for people to embarrass themself around me, i'm not sure why, I just think we're all people and who cares about w/e it is. Maybe that is just me though, perhaps Joy's got a better explanation.

Maybe I appreciate the genuiness of the person when they do or say something that's thought of as embarrassing.
    I have experienced more than my share of "embarrasing moments" (seems like on a daily basis ) and have found that ISTP's don't react in the same way that an extrovert would. In fact, they don't seem to react at all, other than calmly pointing out where my car keys are, where my car IS, or which city we happen to be located at the moment. . .

So yeah, I'll take the pragmatic response over a "what a freaking space cadet" anytime.
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have experienced more than my share of "embarrasing moments" (seems like on a daily basis ) and have found that ISTP's don't react in the same way that an extrovert would. In fact, they don't seem to react at all, other than calmly pointing out where my car keys are, where my car IS, or which city we happen to be located at the moment. . .

So yeah, I'll take the pragmatic response over a "what a freaking space cadet" anytime.
    LOL. I seem to have half and half responses from my SLI bf. When I'm anticipating he'll criticize something (like my fridge that has a jenga style balance of foods that requires some skill in putting anything back as it's full of oddly placed things -- this is a fridge style that has been criticized often by people in a state of disbelief that a fridge can even look like this) -- and he'll say nothing and act like that's fine, as he easily manages to balance something on top without anything falling.

But then a slightly messy drawer may get a lot of teasing. "wow. um, look at all of that stuff. geez, how much stuff do you have in there? etc." It's hard to tell if he's actually criticizing or is just trying to be teasing/silly and get a reaction or something.

And same thing with forgetting where I am. Most of the time totally nice about not even saying anything. But then I once said "oh I remember we walked by here on one of our first dates" and he was like "We've walked by here maybe 15 times! How could you not konw!" To which I have to remind him that I am oblivious to my surroundings.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG this explains SO much!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx