Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don,t remember.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My slutty little ass.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missmessy View Post
    For today I don't know
    Yesterday I ate soup
    There are days when I can't stand eating meat. Not today. Today I ate some cordon bleu with french fries, and later I just ate chickpea soup with a bit of chorizo. I felt really stupid afterwards when I noticed that I had asked you if you ate a ham and cheese sandwich, since you probably don't eat ham or chorizo or any of that.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    There are days when I can't stand eating meat. Not today. Today I ate some cordon bleu with french fries, and later I just ate chickpea soup with a bit of chorizo. I felt really stupid afterwards when I noticed that I had asked you if you ate a ham and cheese sandwich, since you probably don't eat ham or chorizo or any of that.
    Our meat shops don't sell pork, if someone wants to eat it, he should order it from different places from meat shops

But don't worry, either way, I won't eat meat for dinner
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our meat shops don't sell pork, if someone wants to eat it, he should order it from different places from meat shops

But don't worry, either way, I won't eat meat for dinner
    Why?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?
    Why what ?

Meat for dinner is not a popular option here, we usually eat it for lunch

There is no pork in stores because the majority of the population follows Islamic law in food although there are other religions' followers

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why what ?

Meat for dinner is not a popular option here, we usually eat it for lunch

There is no pork in stores because the majority of the population follows Islamic law in food although there are other religions' followers
    Do you get proper nutrition?

ETA: Fi-Te types must eat saturated fat. If pork is not an option, chocolate, coconut, palm oil also can provide it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ETA: Fi-Te types must eat saturated fat. If pork is not an option, chocolate, coconut, palm oil also can provide it.
    Well I eat usual Syrian food so I don't think I can tell you if I get proper nutrition or not

What does ETA mean ?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know what's for lunch. I had a Little Debbie chocolate cupcake someone smuggled off the military base for me on my walk to work this morning and I'm drinking coffee now. I couldn't order lunch cause no one has change for my 10,000¥ bill which is the only thing in my wallet right now. I'm living life as it comes to me
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does ETA mean ?
    Edited To Add.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-Te types must eat saturated fat
    Why is that?
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Why is that?
    Because their body uses it as a building block/energy source. I've noticed it thanks to myself. I must eat saturated fat, or I get really thin and sickly. I think the biology/liver of serious and merry types is different. Example; I can't only eat chicken and beef because I get sick, I must eat pork. Chocolate and other vegetable saturated fats can act like a substitute, but not quite the same as well-fed pork lard.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pork is bad for you anyway. And animal fat is probably not good to consume since it stores many of the waste products that aren't excreted. But, there are plenty of saturated fat sources from non-pork animal products as well as those. For example, milk, butter, and eggs, as well as non-animal foods such as nuts and avocados.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because their body uses it as a building block/energy source. I've noticed it thanks to myself. I must eat saturated fat, or I get really thin and sickly. I think the biology/liver of serious and merry types is different. Example; I can't only eat chicken and beef because I get sick, I must eat pork. Chocolate and other vegetable saturated fats can act like a substitute, but not quite the same as well-fed pork lard.
    I doubt this. Saturated fat in some amount seems to be necessary in general. But I don't think pork is a good source since it's animal fat. Fat from the body of animals seems to contain a lot of waste products (that even butter, milk, and eggs don't.) Additionally, not all pork is fatty, and pork tissue closely resembles human tissue. I do think the sole reason for the popularity of bacon is people have a fat deficiency, though. No one really likes lean pork all that much.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t/won’t eat pork

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    I doubt this. Saturated fat in some amount seems to be necessary in general. But I don't think pork is a good source since it's animal fat. Fat from the body of animals seems to contain a lot of waste products (that even butter, milk, and eggs don't.) Additionally, not all pork is fatty, and pork tissue closely resembles human tissue. I do think the sole reason for the popularity of bacon is people have a fat deficiency, though. No one really likes lean pork all that much.
    Butter is toxic, and pigs are being fed GMO soy, which makes their fat no good. So yeah probably it's better to eat vegetable sources like cocoa butter, coconut, and palm oil.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butter is toxic, and pigs are being fed GMO soy, which makes their fat no good. So yeah probably it's better to eat vegetable sources like cocoa butter, coconut, and palm oil.
    Butter is not toxic in moderation

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think food affects me. Regardless of what I eat I've never felt any different, and I've never gained or lost any weight. The only exception I can think was moving from the US to Japan when I crashed super hard from the sudden lack of sugar and drastically reduced caffeine intake, but that was more of a case of withdrawals than anything else I think lol
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter begged me to make chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. After I made it I didn't even eat. I think the oil seeps into my skin and I lose my appetite.

Everybody loved it though. I took a couple bites of peas.

I still think cooking is NTR
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I love the combination of broccoli and cheese. I prefer gouda cheese, though. You don't have to add salt, because there is a sufficiant amout of it in the cheese.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had deer meat with lingonberries and roasted swede. I'm eating mostly palo diet.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ate Falafel sandwiches

Gonna go and see if there's soup to eat , returning to this thread opened my appetite again

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's midnight and I still haven't ate my dinner.... probably.... technically....

I have some mashed potatoes, herring, sausages, also I'd like to eat some eggs, since I'm, uhm, exercising, yo.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I had deer meat with lingonberries and roasted swede. I'm eating mostly palo diet.
    Where do you get deer meat?

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That shouldn't be that difficult. All you need is a commercially available truck and a deer crossing the road in scandinavia.
    Ok, I'm just kidding.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I had Kaesespaetzle today, which is comparable to mac and cheese in the USA.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ate like 6 pieces of mini skinless tilapia…I put olive oil and lemon seasoning on, which I baked in the oven & a bottle of water.

I hate cooking
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried because it’s Friday -
    https://imgur.com/a/IRh8Lau

The salad dressing is pumpkin oil and lemon juice.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    My daughter begged me to make chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. After I made it I didn't even eat. I think the oil seeps into my skin and I lose my appetite.

Everybody loved it though. I took a couple bites of peas.

I still think cooking is NTR
    Hopefully, everyone can boil rice since boiling rice saves you a lot of money vs. just being like I used to and microwaving frozen food and canned soup all the time, but some types probably cook a lot better than others. Probably introverts cook a lot better than extraverts and P types probably cook a lot better than J types since J types are like, I just want to get on with my life.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Hopefully, everyone can boil rice since boiling rice saves you a lot of money vs. just being like I used to and microwaving frozen food and canned soup all the time, but some types probably cook a lot better than others. Probably introverts cook a lot better than extraverts and P types probably cook a lot better than J types since J types are like, I just want to get on with my life.
    I guess that makes sense for the general population. Some people think they can cook and can't.

My bff SEE girlfriend can't cook and my SEE mom is a phenomenal cook. The only reason I can cook is because my mom is from the south and it was important in her family, so she taught me. They can all cook in her family.

-Krishna

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do you get deer meat?
    Supermarket. Farmed deer from New Zealand. Free range. I prefer meat from wild or semi wild animals. Supermarket also has local reindeer meat but it's too expensive so I dont buy it although it's good.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avocado and pretzel chips.

https://imgur.com/a/FF0IjUv

And some apple slices.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

chicken noodles and kombucha

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a rainy day so my kids begged for comfort food. I'm making a beef roast, homemade mashed potatoes, and green beans.

So I was peeling potatoes and watching my kids play Gang Beasts. My daughter is winning. She looks like a purple rhino and my son is yelling "we're going to make rhino nuggets!" to no avail.

-Krishna

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week my husband suggested roast chicken, on sale, and I said I don't have time this week, and he said I'll make it. I said please use a recipe and use the thermometer because dry chicken is bad. He said I'll use a recipe and I assumed he would Google: "easy roast chicken." Well we have been watching the "Antichef" cook up Julia Child's cookbook. Which led us to watch the HBO series "Julia" which we loved. I was remembering a college weekend with my friend's Ivy League friends in the mountains and someone had a Julia Child Mastering the Art of French Cooking we all made Quiche Lorraine and it was so delicious. My plan is to make Beef Bourguignon for our Christmas for 15.

Well all this must have inspired him. I don't think I have ever seen him follow a recipe. I do quite often, especially for holiday meals, when he acts as my sous chef, measuring and prepping ingredients. Our joint effort.

So I came home from work and the house smelled amazing. He'd made Julia Child's Poulet Poêlé à l’Estragon [Casserole-roasted Chicken with Tarragon], with Farce Duxelles [Mushroom Stuffing] from mastering the Art of French Cooking. He trussed it, buttered it, seasoned it, braised it, cooked the giblets, and with heaps of two kinds of mushrooms and fresh herbs chopped them fine and sautéed before stuffing. 11 TBSP of butter - everything by the book.

It took him all day long. This is the ONLY recipe I have ever known him to make, and it was awesome!

Wow, so memorable. We enjoyed this for 3 days and then he said, I don't think I will be up to making this for a long time... (Maybe next year?)

[Not my pics but the prettiest internet ones I could find to represent my memory]:

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    It's a rainy day so my kids begged for comfort food. I'm making a beef roast, homemade mashed potatoes, and green beans.

So I was peeling potatoes and watching my kids play Gang Beasts. My daughter is winning. She looks like a purple rhino and my son is yelling "we're going to make rhino nuggets!" to no avail.
    *LIKE* [BECAUSE MY *LIKE BUTTON* STILL DOESN'T WORK].

Love this. It's a good life.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Supermarket. Farmed deer from New Zealand. Free range. I prefer meat from wild or semi wild animals. Supermarket also has local reindeer meat but it's too expensive so I dont buy it although it's good.

It is my intention to eat like this and I have before, although I eat well on thrift mode at this time, so the wonderful free range and grass-fed cattle that is widely available nearby I have not been buying. No current deer hunters in the family nearby because I do enjoy cooking that, and it feels so right - the deer had a good life and hopefully a clean kill at the end by a respectful hunter, not the horrible life of the animals at the kill farms. I listened to an animal communicator and she was saying that we eat these factory farmed meats and we take in that sad depressingness that their lives were. : ( : ( : ( That struck me, and I did not like the truth of it.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 11-02-2022 at 05:21 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Last week my husband suggested roast chicken, on sale, and I said I don't have time this week, and he said I'll make it. I said please use a recipe and use the thermometer because dry chicken is bad. He said I'll use a recipe and I assumed he would Google: "easy roast chicken." Well we have been watching the "Antichef" cook up Julia Child's cookbook. Which led us to watch the HBO series "Julia" which we loved. I was remembering a college weekend with my friend's Ivy League friends in the mountains and someone had a Julia Child Mastering the Art of French Cooking we all made Quiche Lorraine and it was so delicious. My plan is to make Beef Bourguignon for our Christmas for 15.

Well all this must have inspired him. I don't think I have ever seen him follow a recipe. I do quite often, especially for holiday meals, when he acts as my sous chef, measuring and prepping ingredients. Our joint effort.

So I came home from work and the house smelled amazing. He'd made Julia Child's Poulet Poêlé à l’Estragon [Casserole-roasted Chicken with Tarragon], with Farce Duxelles [Mushroom Stuffing] from mastering the Art of French Cooking. He trussed it, buttered it, seasoned it, braised it, cooked the giblets, and with heaps of two kinds of mushrooms and fresh herbs chopped them fine and sautéed before stuffing. 11 TBSP of butter - everything by the book.

It took him all day long. This is the ONLY recipe I have ever known him to make, and it was awesome!

Wow, so memorable. We enjoyed this for 3 days and then he said, I don't think I will be up to making this for a long time... (Maybe next year?)

[Not my pics but the prettiest internet ones I could find to represent my memory]:

Oh my gosh, this sounds amazing. I love Julia Child

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my gosh, this sounds amazing. I love Julia Child

So i am planning Christmas with the Beef Bourguignon, and I have two favorite side recipes I think will be just right - Parmesan Batter Rolls (uses yeast to rise) and a nice cool pea salad (with cubes of cheese)... I think they are good flavors with, and I must get a good wine.

It seems I never have time to cook creatively like I like, so I can plan at least...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast