Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
I found this few minutes ago:

His main concern is the access to the official documentation. By comparison, mine is completely different: I could learn from everything, including MBTI and Keyrsey, I've understood the theory and mechanisms beneath and adding real-life experience (this is the most important for me, nothing can get over this test of fire) I conclude that Socionics is perfectly plausible and working - limited to the part of personality type applies.

I don't value so much traditional documentation because of more than one reason:
- it can have an area flavor, bias - Russian, Soviet, etc.
- I could find many of the things there myself - and investigating on my own teaches me to find what is not written already.
- without being influenced by a documentation I may have a larger perspective, to see things through an original view, I could discover things which they did not.

I'm only curious about it to check if inside the Russian-speaking world I can find results that I already determined, to compare the conclusions (the most obscure ones) and points I may have missed. Sometimes I know I "miss" something, something to connect insights, and I can't find that in all the existing documentation. I want more and I begin to hate the fact I don't speak Russian as well. For example in the beginning when there were only the 8 IEs and I could not find any info of what they are composed of (now I know it's E/D/E).

I'm definitely not interested in "learning" that documentation, I'm not depending on it, once I grab the line there's only one end: more clear. Documentation can only accelerate this process. Actually my mind doesn't work like learning, but extracts only key elements which builds a scheme, a system in my mind.
Ah, it is also useful to use its existing naming conventions, I don't see the point in using different names as long as I could not communicate those .

This comparison pulls me and BP apart again, if not in Alpha/Gamma, then at least in Judicious/Decisive separate camps. Adding this over Fi valuing (most likely) is Gamma, though.

I think it would be welcome to hear your view on the subject in your own words, Banana Pancakes.
I'm not throwing socionics out the window because I can't speak russian, pin. I think if I could read the original russian, I'd be that much more of an expert, simlar to say, a hebrew scholar's reading of the Torah vs an Alabama pastor's English translation.

Again, I did just what you're describing to increase my knowledge of socionics: pieced it together from every source I could get my hands on to form a summarized, instinctual grasp of the types, functions, etc. I'm not memorizing info, I'm forming Ti themes. I don't claim to know the most, but I think I know enough to know you're off base.