Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Differences between EII-INFj and IEE-ENFp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    Oh really... My IEE knows even how many people this earth can bear and how to make a house with no dependence on civilization from tin and straw, or completely camouflaged under the ground with greenhouse.
    This guy also has a S&W knife which can cut anything and a sleeping bag and a polar suite weighting 0.000...01 kg together. So he's better than your EII .
    Lol this is a funny conversation. The EII i know is actually going survival camping in a couple of weeks time with barely any food and water. He knows how to make fire out of just sticks and vines and knows how best to cut up snakes for consumption. Has your IEE actually lived out in the wild or is he all talk?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProcrastinateTomorrow View Post
    What are the major differences between the two I am doubting my type again.
    Well, the simple answer to this is found in the type descriptions, and try the ones that describe the functions in each type. I'm saying this kind of sarcastically because the descriptions are not universal. I mean, could you use them to type just about anybody? Try typing an INFj or an ENFp in a Yanomami tribe using the descriptions. If you are really trying to distinguish between the two types, as in a clear cut difference that you can count on, I would suspect that temperament is such a factor. Ij and Ep are quite different really, and is something that I really doubt is open to change... Try using that.

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEE's extremely similar to EII's?

EII domain - Wikisocion

Ethical intuitive introvert - Wikisocion

IEE's...i feel super connected to this, like, most of the stuff on here i feel totally relates to me...do any of you all relate to this?
    ENFp. yay!

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely. Before I joined any of these forums I thought I was EII because I connected 100% with several EII descriptions. I feel like the differences in IM element placements in Model A don't make as much of a difference as a lot of the descriptions would have us believe.

I feel like the stereotype for ENFp seems to be this spastic little puppy who loves all people, which is something I can't relate to at all lol.
    Last edited by Galen; 01-25-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spastic little puppy who loves all people
    What? I relate to that...
    IEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In practice, the ENFP and INFJ differ very much on the I/E dichotomie.

While ENFP's are often ADHD energetic types, the INFJ is common seen in assertivness training because of their silentness/submissivness.

Their interests however will probably be much the same.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the reason ENFps come off as more ADHD is because of Ne leading. Their minds are in a constant desire for new information input, so they can seem kinda jumpy when new things pop into their heads because that's what they're programmed to do best lol. I personally try to portray myself as a more dignified and stable ENFp, but my desire for new information is constantly running.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spastic little puppy who loves all people

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    What? I relate to that...
    I second that.

I can come across as quiet, or focused or "together" -- and my ENFp friends also feel pretty quiet/introvert seeming -- yet I'm also the one usually getting friends together, wanting to do five things in one day "hey, let's go for a walk, make cupcakes, play pool/go iceskating and/or watch a movie and hopefully we can do most of those things today."

So my demeanor may not be "bouncy" (most of the time, though sometimes, yeah), but my actions are completely spastic people-loving puppy running around doing as many activities as possible. yup.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I don't love all people, I find myself quite annoyed with them at times D:
    I guess I'm a true negativist in that sense lol

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spastic is not a good thing to call yourself... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    I guess I'm a true negativist in that sense lol
    Yeah, same here.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like the stereotype for ENFp seems to be this spastic little puppy who loves all people, which is something I can't relate to at all lol.
    (ENFp)What? I relate to that...
    Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    (ENFp) I second that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    (INFj)Yeah, same here.

Lol, I just found this really funny.

Ohhh arccc *points to EII*
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Lol, I just found this really funny.

Ohhh arccc *points to EII*
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    you will need a greater sample size of ENFps and INFj to show any real correlation anyways

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sometimes feel like a spastic puppy with racing thoughts and such when I have tons of energy...from something really exciting in my life like up and coming events, new interesting people in my life, or a new romance.

but, when these are not a part of my life-my thoughts do not race, but are rather solid; I become rather emotional/melancholy...oh! and when I am like this I am not a people person, at all.

Talking to people when I am in this state is something that is rather forced, uncomfortable, and drains me. My people skill suck when I am in this state.

I feel very introvertish...oh, and especially when problems come up in relationships that I really care about, I get very depressed....or when change comes into my life, even if it is a good kind of change---it makes me rather sad.....weird?

This emotional crap was what got me thinking that I was too similar to an EII
    ENFp. yay!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that mirrors have a lot of similarities with the main difference being the temperaments/mannerisms/energy.

Like Jarno said, IEE's tend to be more energetic, sometimes hyperactive. They're generally more talkative, will initiate strangers with friendly small talk (depending on shyness) and can be very emotionally expressive.
    They can go through phases of being really interested in starting something but don't always follow through on it. This reflect their attitude to life in general, as in the need for change/spontaneity, that seems to be common with Ep types in general. I sort of see it as needing constant mental stimulation.
    I also find that IEE's tend to go through mood-changes quite sporadically.

EII's tend to be calmer, quieter and less likely to initiate. Might have flashes of emotional expressiveness but are generally more monotonous.
    I think most EII's would prefer a more stable lifestyle and like to be, and be seen as, somewhat more responsible...or "boringer" than IEE's
    Generally more predictable in mannerisms, less prone to sudden mood-shifts, better at hiding emotions.

Outside of that both come across as pragmatically confused and clumsy people who should never be allowed in any place where there's hazardous surroundings, like industrial facilities or construction sites, big no-no
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Outside of that both come across as pragmatically confused and clumsy people who should never be allowed in any place where there's hazardous surroundings, like industrial facilities or construction sites, big no-no
    <3

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that mirrors have a lot of similarities with the main difference being the temperaments/mannerisms/energy.

Like Jarno said, IEE's tend to be more energetic, sometimes hyperactive. They're generally more talkative, will initiate strangers with friendly small talk (depending on shyness) and can be very emotionally expressive.
    They can go through phases of being really interested in starting something but don't always follow through on it. This reflect their attitude to life in general, as in the need for change/spontaneity, that seems to be common with Ep types in general. I sort of see it as needing constant mental stimulation.
    I also find that IEE's tend to go through mood-changes quite sporadically.

EII's tend to be calmer, quieter and less likely to initiate. Might have flashes of emotional expressiveness but are generally more monotonous.
    I think most EII's would prefer a more stable lifestyle and like to be, and be seen as, somewhat more responsible...or "boringer" than IEE's
    Generally more predictable in mannerisms, less prone to sudden mood-shifts, better at hiding emotions.

yes, better at hiding their emotions? haha no no no, that is not me at all-you know when i'm down and you know when i am up....is this the *ding ding ding that i was looking for?
    so EII's hide their emotions, while IEE's don't? do IEE's distance themselves from people as well? i find that i am able to do this, but initially i do not. this distancing only happens when i have been hurt, or have become detached from someone....is this the IEE way?
    ENFp. yay!

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybeam View Post
    yes, better at hiding their emotions? haha no no no, that is not me at all-you know when i'm down and you know when i am up....is this the *ding ding ding that i was looking for?
    so EII's hide their emotions, while IEE's don't? do IEE's distance themselves from people as well? i find that i am able to do this, but initially i do not. this distancing only happens when i have been hurt, or have become detached from someone....is this the IEE way?
    Hi bobbybeam, I think you may be asking some questions that are beyond the knowledge of forum members here... While you might get answers to your questions, you have to keep in mind that they are subjective. Also, imo finding dichotomies like ¨EIIs hide their emotions vs IEE don´t¨ will drive you crazy, since I doubt these really play out irl. The only way to truly distinguish EII and IEE is by following the definition of these two types, which (again this is my opinion) will never be fully embodied by people irl. Types are just models, and you see which one you resemble the most based on your thinking and perception style, among some other things I assume.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

construction sites
    HEY. I've survived many construction sites, thankyouverymuch.
    IEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose all mirror types feel very similar when talking about their internal thought process. However, externally they're always really different...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so EII's hide their emotions, while IEE's don't?
    I find that IEE's are just better at showing a fluctuation of emotions, while EII's are sort of built to be more mellow/calm. I guess it's related to IEE's having Fe as a demonstrative function while EII's have it as an ignoring one.

This can be rather hurtful when people interpret the lack of Fe, by EII's, as something other than what it is.
    For an example...An SLE friend of my fathers once gave me a present at a Christmas party when I was about 13 and I told him thank you in a sincere manner but he must have interpreted my lack of emotional warmth as me not appreciating it since he questioned me on my sincerity, something like "well, you don't sound very happy about it"
    My IEE mother and all the IEE friends I've had can turn the Fe on in situations like this; they're generally more seemingly friendly and energetic

do IEE's distance themselves from people as well? i find that i am able to do this, but initially i do not. this distancing only happens when i have been hurt, or have become detached from someone....is this the IEE way?
    That makes sense. I think most Delta NF's deal with bad relations or/and conflict by ignoring people (irl) rather than actually dealing with the conflict.

I posted a bit about this in another thread, that me and IEE's generally deal with conflict situations (with eachother) by going our separate ways than when some time passes (and we cool down) we just go on interacting like nothing happened, it's like it's just understood that the forgiveness is there
    EII INFj

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HEY. I've survived many construction sites, thankyouverymuch.
    You must be like Mr. Majoo and just have tremendous luck in not being killed yet

EII INFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a possibility. IEEs aren't completely incompetent. SLIs are better at taking action to fix something (whereas I procrastinate and put it off), but I am definitely not a stereotypical female flailing my arms looking for a savior. If I need to learn something in order to take care of myself, then I do it.

That being said, I did have the most hilarious encounter with another IEE. I had no idea what one is like in person, because I've seriously never met another IEE my age (and interacted more than once or twice). Talk about information overload. She didn't know how to weed out what I needed and just threw numbers at me in a very haphazard format. ROFLMAO. SLIs, I have new respect for you now that I know how much energy you absorb. I'm curious to know whether her fiancee is SLI or not.

I think most Delta NF's deal with bad relations or/and conflict by ignoring people (irl) rather than actually dealing with the conflict.
    Conflict is a mess for me. I'm hesitant to tell people when they're annoying me, I guess I don't feel I have to the right to say, "If you want to be friends with me, you have to change." And then I've seen a lot of instances where the people scream at each other and don't reach any resolution...their relationship is damaged and interaction after that point is even rougher. Conflicts with my duals are much easier to get over, because we know that it's over and done with. It's actually gone.
    IEE

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that IEE's are just better at showing a fluctuation of emotions, while EII's are sort of built to be more mellow/calm. I guess it's related to IEE's having Fe as a demonstrative function while EII's have it as an ignoring one.

This can be rather hurtful when people interpret the lack of Fe, by EII's, as something other than what it is.
    For an example...An SLE friend of my fathers once gave me a present at a Christmas party when I was about 13 and I told him thank you in a sincere manner but he must have interpreted my lack of emotional warmth as me not appreciating it since he questioned me on my sincerity, something like "well, you don't sound very happy about it"
    My IEE mother and all the IEE friends I've had can turn the Fe on in situations like this; they're generally more seemingly friendly and energetic

That makes sense. I think most Delta NF's deal with bad relations or/and conflict by ignoring people (irl) rather than actually dealing with the conflict.

I posted a bit about this in another thread, that me and IEE's generally deal with conflict situations (with eachother) by going our separate ways than when some time passes (and we cool down) we just go on interacting like nothing happened, it's like it's just understood that the forgiveness is there

Thanks!! this helps a lot
    ENFp. yay!

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Wiki socion is the worst translation I have ever found...and, just in case you havn't notice, the site founder keeps changing the descriptions...as a matter of fact, when I first started to learn about socionics, I printed every type description and noticed that throughout the four years, Rick has updated and changed the description of each type. I don't find that of any reliability in learning socionics. the Socioniko ...Russian site is by far much more reliable as it hasn't changed in what since the 90's.
    Since when does improving something make it worse?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have noticed that in many cases they will delete the improvements...if too many people have access and add assumptions that information can be misleading.
    I will concede that the fact that anybody can alter it makes it somewhat unreliable, but the fact that it is altered at all should not be cause for castigation.

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they are not similar; there are many differences, but they look very much a like confusing both ISTp's and ESTj's in their "mate" selection...IEE can not thrive in a routine, structured environment often upseting and bewildering ESTj's; while EII can not thrive in any other invironment except for one that is structured. IEE can't handle demands very well while EII are quick to respond to them. There are many differences in their behavior but initially both are very sexual often misleading their top two compatible choices...thing to remember is that IEE are not hesitant about being very very flirty while (unless she's had a few drinks) EII will be more socially conscious about how her behavior is seen in public...therefore seeming much more simple and conservative (once a comfort level is established with EII/INFj their sexual activities quite exceed that of the other types
    the problem w/ me is that i am like the EII in that sense...i am very conscious about how i will be seen in public and even though i do not become flirty after i know the person for a while, i do not feel comfortable flirting/showing affection/or even having an intimate discussion w/ him.
    oh, and i do not get sexually comfortable until after a long while of flirting and intimacy, but when i do get comfortable-i get really into it
    Wiki socion is the worst translation I have ever found...and, just in case you havn't notice, the site founder keeps changing the descriptions...as a matter of fact, when I first started to learn about socionics, I printed every type description and noticed that throughout the four years, Rick has updated and changed the description of each type. I don't find that of any reliability in learning socionics. the Socioniko ...Russian site is by far much more reliable as it hasn't changed in what since the 90's.
    it is russian, but do they have a translated version?
    ENFp. yay!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem w/ me is that i am like the EII in that sense...i am very conscious about how i will be seen in public and even though i do not become flirty after i know the person for a while, i do not feel comfortable flirting/showing affection/or even having an intimate discussion w/ him.
    oh, and i do not get sexually comfortable until after a long while of flirting and intimacy, but when i do get comfortable-i get really into it

it is russian, but do they have a translated version?
    I'm just like you, Bobbybeam.

However, I am remembering that in the past i may have come across flirty when i didn't intend to. And those situations have made me more self conscious in public as I've gotten older about not showing unintended interest in men. So, sometimes in public i will put on a strong face and be careful to not look them in the eye (or just briefly if i happen to). My mom has also told me to not stand facing men, e.g. in the elevator, which (as annoyed as I was at hearing that), I do keep in mind now.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good grief, this isn't Saudi Arabia.

Why would you stand facing anyone in an elevator? Unless you actually want to have a conversation with them. There's nothing wrong with a casual conversation anyway. Guys need to learn that women can be friendly, and they can be attracted to them, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's going anywhere.
    IEE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good grief, this isn't Saudi Arabia.

Why would you stand facing anyone in an elevator? Unless you actually want to have a conversation with them. There's nothing wrong with a casual conversation anyway. Guys need to learn that women can be friendly, and they can be attracted to them, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's going anywhere.
    Well you know, sometimes, in a crowded elevator, you end up unadvertantly facing someone.

I know, I couldn't understand it either. I think my mom can be weird that way sometimes. She is hypersensitive to even the slightest perception or possibility of coming across immoral. But then, i hear her voice echoing in my head--and i can't ignore it.

And I TOTALLY agree with your last statement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand what you mean. My mom is like that too. Part of it is her type, I suppose, and the rest just a product of religion and the time period she was brought up in. It actually kind of makes me sad that she's so restricted. But what can ya' do. She's never going to change.

Sometimes I think perhaps she's irreparably fucked me up where that stuff is concerned, but in the grand scheme of screwed up parents, she's really not that bad. I just can't live with her because her paranoia eventually starts taking me over too. Yay families.
    IEE

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I'm just like you, Bobbybeam.

However, I am remembering that in the past i may have come across flirty when i didn't intend to. And those situations have made me more self conscious in public as I've gotten older about not showing unintended interest in men. So, sometimes in public i will put on a strong face and be careful to not look them in the eye (or just briefly if i happen to). My mom has also told me to not stand facing men, e.g. in the elevator, which (as annoyed as I was at hearing that), I do keep in mind now.
    hahaaha i do the same thing! i have come across as flirting with someone and the intention was NOT there! i am very cautious of how i act because i do not want to have anyone think that i am hitting on them.

I understand what you mean. My mom is like that too. Part of it is her type, I suppose, and the rest just a product of religion and the time period she was brought up in. It actually kind of makes me sad that she's so restricted. But what can ya' do. She's never going to change.

Sometimes I think perhaps she's irreparably fucked me up where that stuff is concerned, but in the grand scheme of screwed up parents, she's really not that bad. I just can't live with her because her paranoia eventually starts taking me over too. Yay families.
    ya, maybe that is why i am so paranoid (about guys and such). she raised me right :wink:
    ENFp. yay!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EII-Ne vs. IEE-Fi

Hi,

I am relatively new to the Socionics community, and I am trying to understand the nuance between various types/subtypes. Can anyone explain what the difference between an EII-Ne and an IEE-Fi might be?

I completely understand the theoretical differences between the types (so this is NOT the answer that I am seeking here). Thus, I get that in an EII-Ne, the function order is and then with a greater focus on the creative function (rather than the role), while for the IEE-Fi, the order is and then with a greater focus on the creative function (rather than the role). So I get this part completely.

The thing that I have a bit more trouble determining is how that slight nuance can be differentiated in terms of determining one's type. How can one know if he/she is one or the other (assuming that he/she is definitely NOT EII-Fi, IEE-Ne, or any other type for that matter)? Would an EII-Ne look more flexible and receptive (than an EII-Fi) but not as spontaneous and change-seeking as an IEE? Likewise, would an IEE-Fi be more conscientious and empathetic (than an IEE-Ne) but not as focused on humanistic principles as an EII might be?

So the bottom line is that I completely get the theory...but how can I practically narrow this nuance down?

Any feedback would be certainly appreciated!
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, welcome to 16t.

As someone who has wrestled between Ne-INFj and Fi-ENFp for some time, I can say that it's a tough thing to figure out without fully understanding temperaments. From what I can tell, subtype is more indicative of a conscious emphasis or favoring than any real behavioral nuance. The only thing about socionics that I would call necessarily behavior-related falls under temperament (in this case Ij versus Ep), which are generally represented in the same way regardless of subtype. So Ne-INFj would stay as staunch and balanced as Fi-INFj, and Fi-ENFp would remain as distracted and jumpy as Ne-ENFp. Personally I find that creative subtypes in general, including Ne-INFj and Fi-ENFp, are somewhat more grounded due to their conscious favoring of their contact function(s). On the other hand leading subtypes, such as Fi-INFj and Ne-ENFp, are seemingly immersed and oversaturated by their inert leading function.

I have no idea if any of this is correct or valid, but I hope it helps

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Arctures for your kind introduction to the board. I am excited to become a part of it!

I think that you made an outstanding point regarding temperament (I..j vs. E..p) being perhaps a larger indicator of where one may stand regarding each type. Only after one's temperament and type are determined, can someone determine which of the two subtypes (for that given type) fit properly. So I agree with you completely!

In my case, I feel that my core way of viewing life is from more of an Ij standpoint. While I am very flexible and open with others, even more importantly than this, I certainly have the need to follow an internal code of values and ethics in the way that I treat others and (to a certain extent) expect others to reciprocate in kindness and respect. I might not show this value-based code to the world at all times, but believe me that it is so deeply rooted in me that I can get hurt/offended if I am not treated in a somewhat-similar manner.

So I can relate to being that type of 'role' function that almost instinctively is thinking about how I can authentically be myself in a sincere and compassionate way. It is completely second nature, and I am not sure that I even have to consciously try to make this happen. It just does.

That being said, I still think that I am an subtype (to supplement my I..j style). I find myself to be a relatively extroverted introvert/introtim. I can be very open, flexible, even a bit zany/goofy when I am with others who I feel comfortable with (keyword here is 'comfortable' for sure). I like to talk about ideas, theories, and daily stuff with others, and can loosen from my core. As long as the comfort is there, I can switch into more of this expansive side. Yet, if something changes that makes me lose that comfort/connection, I can go inward and retreat with a heightened sensitivity () and brood about how I may (or may not) have been mistreated.

So in a nutshell, I think that what you said is so right that in my case, I still live with a ego block/core that is typical of an INFj. Yet at the same time, as more of an outgoing/extroverted introvert I probably hang out more on the side rather than the side, which gives me the subtype that I have.

Does all this make sense from a classic Socionics perspective? What do you think?
    Mike

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesilb View Post
    What do you think?
    Hi Mike,

Great to meet you. How do you use ?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I can relate to being that type of 'role' function
    To help avoid possible confusion in the future:
    The Role function is your third function, for an EII that would be Ti. Fi is your Base, or Leading function.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Arctures for your kind introduction to the board. I am excited to become a part of it!

I think that you made an outstanding point regarding temperament (I..j vs. E..p) being perhaps a larger indicator of where one may stand regarding each type. Only after one's temperament and type are determined, can someone determine which of the two subtypes (for that given type) fit properly. So I agree with you completely!

In my case, I feel that my core way of viewing life is from more of an Ij standpoint. While I am very flexible and open with others, even more importantly than this, I certainly have the need to follow an internal code of values and ethics in the way that I treat others and (to a certain extent) expect others to reciprocate in kindness and respect. I might not show this value-based code to the world at all times, but believe me that it is so deeply rooted in me that I can get hurt/offended if I am not treated in a somewhat-similar manner.

So I can relate to being that type of 'role' function that almost instinctively is thinking about how I can authentically be myself in a sincere and compassionate way. It is completely second nature, and I am not sure that I even have to consciously try to make this happen. It just does.

That being said, I still think that I am an subtype (to supplement my I..j style). I find myself to be a relatively extroverted introvert/introtim. I can be very open, flexible, even a bit zany/goofy when I am with others who I feel comfortable with (keyword here is 'comfortable' for sure). I like to talk about ideas, theories, and daily stuff with others, and can loosen from my core. As long as the comfort is there, I can switch into more of this expansive side. Yet, if something changes that makes me lose that comfort/connection, I can go inward and retreat with a heightened sensitivity () and brood about how I may (or may not) have been mistreated.

So in a nutshell, I think that what you said is so right that in my case, I still live with a ego block/core that is typical of an INFj. Yet at the same time, as more of an outgoing/extroverted introvert I probably hang out more on the side rather than the side, which gives me the subtype that I have.

Does all this make sense from a classic Socionics perspective? What do you think?
    Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I view as a function that tends to make people quiet--coming up with ideas/recognizing potential/coming up with and filtering through possibilities. And I see as a function that could potentially make a person seem extraverted--relating to others.

Such are the paradoxes of delta

So an IEE with Ne primary might hesitate saying or doing something Fi-based to someone because of, for example, the possibility of legal ramifications (say, at work) or ruining an alliance (a la Survivor), while an EII with Fi primary might go ahead and say or do that thing. And that's why I think IEEs come in two styles: the more outgoing version (probably the Fi subtype) and the more subdued, quiet version (probably the Ne subtype). Though speaking for myself, I can morph into very outgoing or very quiet, depending on the environment so the two styles might simply represent catching an IEE in one situation or another.

That said, I too am not sure how Ne-creative manifests itself (e.g. in EIIs). I once asked maritsa herself to explain how she uses Ne, but she declined to answer. So, can someone explain it to me?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    To help avoid possible confusion in the future:
    The Role function is your third function, for an EII that would be Ti. Fi is your Base, or Leading function.
    Oops, you're absolutely right. I meant Base Function as , not role function. Sorry to have confused anyone that way. I am not referring at all to Function #3 throughout this thread. Hope that this clears up any confusions. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Mike

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mike,

Great to meet you. How do you use ?
    Nice to meet you too Maritsa!

When I think of how I use , I think that it comes from more of an active theorizing and brainstorming that goes in a stream of consciousness direction from one topic to a related topic and to another topic. It has a very loose feel to me.

Since I have the TV Show 'Lost' as my avatar, I find that a lot of my love of that show has to do with -based themes. I love speculating in my head as to what the grand theories that form the foundation of this show will turn out to be. Who is good....who is evil, etc. How the whole storyline will emerge. All this is a ton of active speculating that I do to keep me fascinated with the show.

I actually think that even the word 'fascinated' is a word that describes my activities. I am very curious, enthusiastic, etc. for what dynamics emerge in my outer environment. A love of checking out any new and interesting thoughts and ideas really show up here. Also, I am not always interested in surface activities (although I can be as well), but also on more theoretical ideas that lie beyond the surface. A love of mazes, maps, and puzzles come to mind.

So this is my world. It isn't as second nature as my inner values and feelings, but it still forms a lot of the hobbies and passions (including typology) that I have.

Hope this helps!
    Mike

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the same boat, except it's ILI-Te or LIE-Ni for me.

Temperament is what makes it ILI for me, as well as Fe-PoLR/Fi-HA (this I'm almost sure about). Still, every time I read wikisocion's description of some of LIE's functions, I reconsider. I think wikisocion is just not that precise - some parts are very specific yet it's hard to expect all people of said type to be exactly the same.

Even if I don't know where exactly I fit, does it matter? It's not like I'm going to get a custom-made dual based on that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast