Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I think "can't" is an extreme word. Most things in Socionics are stated in a way that's black and white, but of course people are able to adjust to the realities of life.

Socionics.us is Rick's site and it's really good. It's interesting that this quote is from there though. I think it's probably basically accurate about leading-Ne types, but the question is whether it is exclusively true about those types.

There is a bias in Socionics that says that Ne/Si quadra types do what they're interested in and Ni/Se quadra types do what they don't like so as to achieve some sort of external "result." I'm not sure that's really true. It's probably more true that people see other people doing things that they themselves think is really boring, so they assume that the other people are also bored but just don't mind being bored because of some sort of "materialism."

I think any type will tend to put off those things that don't fit well with their base function, especially if they're "very into" their base function. Ti types will avoid situations where there's no role for logic or systems, Fe types will avoid situations where there is no "human" dimension...and so forth.

I've seen a lot of leading Ne types succeed in the job world, and in such cases they acquire whatever discipline or attention to detail they need to be successful.

But no matter what type you are, if you choose to emphasize your base function above all else and shut out the rest of reality, you're going to have problems unless you're independently wealthy.
I agree with you and that's exactly why I was annoyed with that particular quote, it reduced Ne\Si into something really juvenile.. What about goals? When people have a goal they need to go through things to achieve it, there won't always be a short cut and life is about learning from and overcoming difficulties.. What are your achievements really worth if they didn't require much effort? Sure it may be fun but how much do we emphasize on growth and development rather than an easy entertaining life thanks to some sort of given talent or luck? I'm all about developing your strengths but what about dealing with challenges? Developing certain traits in yourself or overcoming difficulties, for me that's the true measure of a person's greatness. Not how lucky they were born but what they do in life to get somewhere even though it doesn't come easy.

Basically either I'm not Ne/Si or socionics proved to have little to do with reality..