Thread: women's rights and employment

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's called "don't marry an idiot, otherwise you're an idiot and deserve your predicament."

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    It's called "don't marry an idiot, otherwise you're an idiot and deserve your predicament."
    This is just dumb.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

life's not that simple
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it is. I'm 100% right. If you do something stupid like marry an imbecile and allow yourself to become dependent on him, then you'll find the hole you're in was dug with your own two hands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging and get out.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging and get out.
    Exactly. But silly women hit /cry too much and marry out of loneliness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a way out. It's not like getting a divorce is an easy way out, in fact it's pretty damned difficult. That option should be there though.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a way out. My point is that people deserve what their ignorance attracts to them.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or attracts them to.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.

There should be a box of tissues on every corner for all the whiners.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Your lack of life experience is showing, little darkie, might want to cover that up before you embarrass yourself.
    Don't make me say something horribly offensive.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who marry the wrong people do have to deal with the consequences of their decisions, but what I'm saying is that they shouldn't have to deal with them forever. This topic is about whether women should be allowed to work, not whether they should have married a loser or what they deserve as a result of doing so. I'd also like to point out that in most of the cultures where women aren't allowed to work, they also don't get to choose their spouses.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it is. I'm 100% right. If you do something stupid like marry an imbecile and allow yourself to become dependent on him, then you'll find the hole you're in was dug with your own two hands.
    When men are in woo mode, women too I imagine, they put up a good face. Then, after you're married a while, sometimes you find you got more than you were aware you were getting. That's not the fault of whoever got into the situation.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic isn't about marriage and divorce. It's about whether or not women should be allowed to work.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    This topic isn't about marriage and divorce. It's about whether or not women should be allowed to work.
    Ouch on the word "allowed to"

But a woman's independence is a factor, and the fact that women who don't work can have a hard time after a divorce is a factor too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was my point. When women aren't allowed to work, they can't divorce and still feed their kids without depending on charity. They feel they HAVE to stay.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The whole concept of "staying on topic" is actually counter-productive.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not saying a woman should not be allowed to work. I am disgusted that there even needs to be a discussion on this. OF COURSE women should be allowed to work. I also think both men and women should be able to divorce. Marriage itself is kind of a flawed concept, if you think about it, and actually seems to be based on a hidden mistrust between partners ("since I want you forever, I am going to legally bind you to me lols"). If two people are married and unhappy, then they obviously should get divorced. In this case, the "sin" wasn't in getting divorced, it was in getting married in the first place.

All I was saying is that women who CHOOSE to marry a dumbass, and then find themselves in a shitty situation, should not look for pity in most people. Now if the guy in question was some sleek con artist or brilliant actor who put on the face of a loving, perfect companion, only to pull a Mr. Hyde on her a little while after marriage, then I guess there be an exception.

Really folks, this whole subject seems to exist in the arena of common sense. I see nothing abstract or ambiguous here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic is pretty stupid.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Yeah it is. There is really nothing to debate about here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: women's rights and employment

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar
    This "liberation" stuff is ... created equal ...").

In the 1900s ... and both sexes.

It one buys this idea, then it becomes a simple corollary that men and women should play identical roles in society.

The ideas of the ... formal.

No human conspiracy is involved. Just the usual stupidity of the so called "intellectuals".
    Actually, in some senses I think ragnar has a point here. .
    Ragnar can make his point without
    1. making an idiot of himself by spouting pseudohistorical revisionist crap
    2. being proud of his anti-illectualism

On your other points, I quite agree.

Thing is... around the year 1900 the world had experienced the Victorian era which had resulted in historically the most distorted and unrealistic social situation for different genders, mostly thanks to industrialization. Before sweat shops there wasn't really any reason to turn women and children into slave labor as it just wasn't profitable. Industrialization created a system that could profit from such circumstances.

I'm not even going to go into the other troubles the women of the time experienced.

Anyone who thinks everything was fine prior to the women's movements of the 20th century should slap him/herself AND his/her history teacher.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The modern day situation is close to this in the western world.
    In the era that some morons are pining for, it wasn't this simple and it still isn't in many places.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, lets talk about choices then...

I grew up in a rural community where your choices were (if you stayed there that is):

1. Get married
    2. Get a minimum-wage job (they tended to hire the men for hire paying ones)
    3. Get pregnant and go on welfare

There was a 4th option but that was only available or expected of certain types i.e. the wealthier families and that was to go on to University.

Out of the group of 8 girls I chummed around with (including myself). 5 got pregnant before they were 16 and went on welfare, 1 attempted from the time she was 16 until she finally got pregnant when she was 20 and went on welfare, 1 waited until she was 22 and got pregnant by her fiance who dumped her right afterwards, and then there was me.....who enjoyed my young freedom too much to get pregnant.

Things change but the last I heard there was only one other besides me who worked full-time. Another two got married but that still leaves 4 of them still on welfare.

In my area, a woman can not work full-time and still receive her benefits nor can she go to school full-time and receive them. Do you have any idea how intimidating the idea of a student loan is to someone who has never had anymore than a monthly welfare cheque in their hand?

There are a lot of pyschological barriers out there that are inhanced if you are a woman especially one from an economically challenged background.

I agree that everyone should be valued as an individual rather than a group but the truth is that at this particular point in time, that is not the reality of the situation. That is why need things like affirmative action and employment equity. Its not to give others special benefits but to level the playing field and to educate until that time comes.

Women of course are just one group who run into barriers. When we make up half the population though, that should automatically ensure we have a say in how its shaped....but its not the case.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

women stay at home all day make arts teach children physics all day men go outside hunt computers and fight with evil clouds
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion is that men should go back to masculine work. You know, chasing things with sticks and spears, felling trees, building caves, defending their brood against invaders. That's what it was like in the beginning. That's what Nature meant men to do. Nature also meant men to wear furs. Maybe leather. But no weaved or knitted cloth... because that was made by women, see, so it belongs to the female sphere. Same thing for beer, bread, cakes, cookies, pots, plates, jars, etc etc. All made by women in those days. Guys eat raw meat - everybody knows that.

And back then, women did the indoor jobs, guarding the fire and looking after the kids, while men did the outside jobs. Why didn't we keep it that way? Men should go back to hunting mufflons, that's what I say. Yo.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    My opinion is that men should go back to masculine work. You know, chasing things with sticks and spears, felling trees, building caves, defending their brood against invaders. That's what it was like in the beginning.
    You might be surprised, but I would like a life like this much better than one spent working in an office, even as a boss.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    My opinion is that men should go back to masculine work. You know, chasing things with sticks and spears, felling trees, building caves, defending their brood against invaders. That's what it was like in the beginning. That's what Nature meant men to do. Nature also meant men to wear furs. Maybe leather. But no weaved or knitted cloth... because that was made by women, see, so it belongs to the female sphere. Same thing for beer, bread, cakes, cookies, pots, plates, jars, etc etc. All made by women in those days. Guys eat raw meat - everybody knows that.

And back then, women did the indoor jobs, guarding the fire and looking after the kids, while men did the outside jobs. Why didn't we keep it that way? Men should go back to hunting mufflons, that's what I say. Yo.

hahaha
    Polly
    ENTP

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't beleive in "jobs". I think it's another form of slavery. Perhaps I will create a new topic on this soon.

Basically, I think people shouldn't work for someone else. It make's much more sense to work with people than for people.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Perhaps I will create a new topic on this soon. "

Please do.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commie.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "Perhaps I will create a new topic on this soon. "

Please do.
    :wink: