So, lately I've been reading the following authors/books:

Plato's Symposium, Aristotle's Metaphysics, William Carlos William's poetry, and a few others. Here are some thoughts:

I am more and more confirmed in my opinion that Plato was ILI and Aristotle was LII. First of all, Plato's concern with an account of the what-it-is of something seems to me a crucially Ni concern. Also the idea that Plato believed in the world of the forms as separate from the physical world seems very Ni, and the idea that Aristotle brought those forms back down into each individual object, as the sum of a specific set of properties seems VERY Ti to me (a thing is its catalog of properties).

William Carlos Williams is an SLI, I think, the only problem being that I also see apparent Fe valuing in him, and he's supposed to be an Fe polr, so... but his focus on external objects, describing them in a sensory way, stripping things of context, metaphor, allusion, etc. seems very Si + Te.

Also, I am forced to concede that Ezra Pound was *definitely* beta, almost certainly LSI, which is annoying, but whatever. I'm still not willing to accept T.S. Eliot into my quadra though. He must be gamma. But he's probably not delta either. I mean, small chance, but probably not.

In the Symposium, I believe Socrates to be IEI and Alcibiades to be a stereotypical SLE (wild n' crazy young man but also ridiculously talented general/leader). The way Alcibiades describes Socrates' power over him seems very much like an SLE describing a relation to an IEI: I think he's dual-seeking Ni when he talks about how he loves Socrates' "wisdom". And I've noticed that SLEs are attracted to IEIs (or aggressors to victims in general) when they notice that victim partner is actually stronger than they let on, as when Alcibiades talks about Socrates' surprising prowess in battle. Socrates is also crazy diplomatic but also subtly (and not-so-subtly) sarcastic, which I think is an IEI trait. Anyway, I just really want Socrates to be IEI.

Also, I'm continuing to seek out poets who are not IEIs, because I know there are plenty. It's hard to tell Wordsworth's type but he seems almost definitely Si-leading. Shelley was probably an IEI (he actually reminds me somewhat of strrrng's posts on this site), but Byron almost certainly was not. I'm not sure what type he was yet, but he seems not-IEI. Keats was a dead-on, straight-away, unquestionable IEI. Like the archetype of the modern IEI. Coleridge I don't know much about but he's probably not IEI either. In fact, I'm 95% sure he's a logical type, small possibility he's ILI, but that makes the intertype relationship with Wordsworth odd. Also, I think of Wordsworth and Coleridge as the Lennon and McCartney of Romantic Poetry.

Also, I need to stop typing so many people as IEI-SLE duals. That's getting a little obsessive on my part. But duality in literature is so much fun!

Oh, and Chaucer's Wyf of Bath is probably an SEE. She's AMAZINGLY hilarious. The Pardoner I'm not sure about but he may be an Iago-style evil IEI (I'm really pretty sure that Iago is IEI and Othello is LSI and Desdemona is either IEI or EIE--probably the former). But I *really* don't know.

Antony in Antony and Cleopatra is SEE and Cleopatra is an EIE. Augustus is probably LSE, although the way the soothsayer describes Antony and Augustus' relationship, I was really thinking that Augustus might be Antony's supervisor. ESIs are cool.

D.H. Lawrence was probably IEE. In fact, I'm almost 100% certain that he's IEE, because he's clearly Ne leading, and probably not logical although ILE is still a possibility. The only problem with this reading of him is his poem "The British Are So Nice!" which clearly satirizes Victorian-style Fi.

I've already said this, but I am almost 100% sure that Mercutio can be read as an SLE. He's legit. Juliet appears to be an IEI, but I'm not sure. She's obviously some sort of NF, and I think one can rule out IEE. "Oh, I have an ill-divining soul," makes me think Ni, but I guess plot devices aren't great for determining type! I still think romeo is an Fe-seeking LSI, but I could be wrong there. Se-creative *really* fits for him though, as he is quite proficient at effecting his will, but only does so as a side-thing, when necessary. I would also believe Se-demonstrative, though. The Nurse is a brilliantly, brilliantly written character, and is almost certainly a stereotypical ESE. She's *brilliant*.

Also... perhaps Mrs. Bennet's Si is in her high regard for the soldier's appearance, perhaps? I mean, I know that sexual attraction is a universal thing, but Mrs. Bennet seems to be particularly interested in fine houses, fine dresses, fine-looking men, etc. And she appears to be attracted to them primarily based on their appearance, rather than the implications or aura that gives off (I'm not saying Si-egos are superficial, but merely that they are perhaps more inclined to appreciate physical beauty as a good in itself, as opposed to a masculine body as a metaphor/trope/symbol for masculinity, or a feminine body as a metaphor/trope/symbol for femininity).