Thread: Some Literary Socionics

Hybrid View

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... I believe that argument. Makes sense to me. Intricate structure would make for another instance of my theory about Ti-HA and IEI authors. Mythology and turning the mundane into epic, though, are things that I've seen in Yeats, and I think he's SEI rather than IEI. Of course, I could be off in that guess. I associate mythology with Si as well as Ni, although I'm not sure about making mundane things epic, as that does seem very beta.

I'm not much of a VI-er, but I'd believe IEI based on that photograph. Anyway, always glad to add another genius to our ranks, regardless. I like the bit about flowing internal monologues too.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen Daedalus's internal life is about the closest representation to the shit that goes on in my head as anything else I've ever read. Whatever that means!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I haven't really thought about Yeats' type. All that occult stuff doesn't seem very typical of SEI, but he's clearly fucking insane so who knows...
    Actually... I hadn't thought about that. I was going to bring his occultism under the possible anthropomorphizing possibilities of Si + Fe, but the gyres actually seem very Ni... I really hope Yeats isn't an IEI too; there's too many IEI poets already. Stevens at least I think I can get away with calling an ILI.

Stephen Daedalus's internal life is about the closest representation to the shit that goes on in my head as anything else I've ever read. Whatever that means!
    Evidence! Now we just have to round up some more betas/IEIs and see if they feel the same way. I feel so scientific!

Yep, they are... I bet that character seems very convincingly Se, despite it supposedly being a "weak" function, right? This is why I don't like much the labels "strong" and "weak" when referring to IM elements. I prefer the dimensionality theory, although I don't fully understand it yet. The HA, especially in the producing subtypes, is used in an "on/off" manner, sort of "in bursts", and these bursts of HA tend to be pretty convincing (even potentially surpassing those who have said IM element as base). It could be because the HA is the only IM element you have which is related to your PoRL. If you have a feeling PoRL, you only have one feeling left, which is your HA, and so on. That makes it is especially important, and all the "resources" that would be distributed to the pair of feelings, or sensings, or whatever, are just allocated to the only one you have. The problem with engaging the HA too much is that it puts a lot of strain on the person, and it is kind of risky. It's like the typical "secret weapon" heroes have, that causes them to self-destruct.
    Yes. I totally agree with this, especially the bolded bit. I see that all the time in characters. I think, though, if you're strong enough, you can make it work, like Blake. But I bet it was really hard. Also, I think this falls under the idea of superid as something that you would prefer that someone else do for you. Medea is awesome at Se, but it would be better if someone else would handle it for her, because they could do it without so much ego strain. But she's gotten use to providing all the Se for Jason, who may even be her conflictor. Certainly their first exchanging can be viewed as a logics versus ethics thing, but its a little bit unclear as to whether the logic/ethics are (respectively) introverted or extroverted to be honest.

Yep, The funny thing is that the "greatest enemies" come from your own quadra, which seems counter-intuitive. Many times duals, even. Duality sometimes manifests itself in strange ways.
    Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. I think that a duality gone bad could be even worse than a conflicting relationship, more psychologically destructive and all that.
    Makes sense. I had considered EII for squall too.
    Huh. I could see that. He is very attached to certain ideals. But I probably haven't played the game in too long to really have a good theory of it.

Also, I'm either wrong about Pound's type or wrong about some quadra stuff, because Pound definitely does not fit my conception of delta, after learning some biographical stuff about him in class today. Sounds awfully beta... I'm actually leaning towards LSI as a possibility, but who knows. That whole sparse language thing just feels so Te to me. But then, when I actually read Pound's poetry, it's not all that sparse, just non-Romantic. But Ni + Fe is supposed to be all Romantic-y! So I'm trying to use that as proof that he isn't IEI too.

I was doing my best to type Thucydides' writing as delta (he claims to be all about the facts, which would immediately point one to Te, but...). I'm not so sure about that anymore though. Shrug.

EDIT:

Edited to say that I really like that dimensionality of functions thing. Seems to make sense to me.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.