Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Literary Socionics

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Socrates to be EIE, especially after reading Phaedo and the great nonsensical show of understanding and changing extroverted feelings he made before his suicide, he even projected that death is not the end using reasonings to soften its knowledge...it almost seemed as though he was trying to direct ( to superego) the movement up to and even after his death ( to ego); also, his conflicts with the sophists (who were very much focused on a political Te Reasoning) and his place in the external world seems highly beta-structured (remember, forms and particulars were the brainchild of Socrates and only documented by his follower Plato, who may well have been ILI, but Plato spent most of his time during the life of Socrates simply documenting everything Socrates did). Other than that, I think this is all very interesting and well done...do you have any opinions on Emily Dickinson, Sylvia Plath, or the characters in any of the books by Vonnegut (I type him as ILE), or have you typed anyone from Alice in Wonderland or Lord of the Flies? I just watched Star Wars 1-3 (I plan to watch 4-6 later today) and I typed Senator Palpatine EIE, Darth Maul ESI, Count Dooku IEI, General Grievous LII, Queen Amidala IEE, Master Windu SEE, Master Yoda SEI, Qui-Gon Jinn ILE, Anakin Skywalker SLI, and Obi-Wan Kenobi LII (until Episode 3 when he is EIE, it seems that the clone wars ultimately made everyone very autocratic).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with most.
    Achilles: SXE

Agamemnon: LIE
    Diomedes: Beta logical
    Hector: ESI
    Menelaus: SEE
    Nestor: ILI
    Odysseus: LIE
    Paris: IEI
    Patroclus: LSI

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually i think Hector is LSE rather than ESI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayn Rand: LSI-Ti

Victor Hugo: EIE-Fe

Fyodor Dostoyevsky: IEI-Fe

Leo Tolstoy: ESI-Se or SEE-Fi?

Nikolai Gogol: EII-Ne

Les Plesko: LIE-Ni

Ernest Hemingway: SLE-Se

“In Dostoevsky there were things unbelievable and not to be believed, but some so true they changed you as you read them; frailty and madness, wickedness and saintliness, and the insanity of gambling were there to know as you knew the landscape and the roads in Turgenev”

― Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast

“I've been wondering about Dostoyevsky. How can a man write so badly, so unbelievably badly, and make you feel so deeply?”

― Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast

Vladimir Nabokov: LIE-Ni or ILI-Te?

https://www.rbth.com/arts/328963-russia-dostoevsky-hate

'Vladimir Nabokov, who emigrated from Russia right after the 1917 revolution, said in his lectures that Dostoevsky’s “gallery of characters consists almost exclusively of neurotics and lunatics.”

“I do not like this trick his characters have of ‘sinning their way to Jesus’ or, as the Russian author Ivan Bunin put it more bluntly, ‘spilling Jesus all over the place,”” Nabokov wrote. Sometimes he even called Dostoevsky “a third-rate writer whose fame is incomprehensible.”'

'Nabokov did not mince words in criticizing Dostoevsky and also listed among his sins creating “the ultimate formula of egoism-Antichrist-Europe on one side and brotherhood-Christ-Russia on the other,” thus dividing Russia from the West and presenting it as a God-loving holy nation whose purpose is to save the world with Orthodox Christianity.

In Dostoevsky’s works, Russia is a conservative milestone protecting the world from moral decay. There was no love lost between Dostoevsky and pro-Westerners or liberals of his time. “Our Russian liberal is a flunkey before everything, and is only looking for someone whose boots he can clean,” he wrote in The Possessed. Unsurprisingly, to this day many pro-Western liberal Russians (like Chubais) dislike Dostoevsky.'

http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/thrillers.html

Ayn Rand: "Thrillers deal only with the skeleton—the plot structure—to which serious Romantic literature adds the flesh, the blood, the mind. The plots in the novels of Victor Hugo or Dostoevsky are pure thriller-plots, unequaled and unsurpassed by the writers of thrillers. . . .

Thrillers are the last refuge of the qualities that have vanished from modern literature: life, color, imagination; they are like a mirror still holding a distant reflection of man."
    Last edited by HERO; 09-08-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12