Thread: Is it possible for ISTps to be argumentative

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is it possible for ISTps to be argumentative

argumentative? As in, arguing with just about everything you say?

Would they be more polite, etc?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, with no offense meant toward our lovely Gamma friends, I'm going to say that IME that sounds more like an ISFj.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not like that at all. I'm probobly the least argumentative person you could meet. Can't really picture a SLI being that way.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SiTe can be argumentative, but tend to be a strange mix between really direct and avoidant. The SiTe I know tend to be direct with what they think, and might argue if it's about someone telling them what to do that they don't agree with (but that's something everyone has the capacity for) but they are generally a 'live and let live' type. They'll notice things that can change in people, but generally don't get confrontational unless it becomes too much. All the leads I know tend to shift the topic away from something uncomfortable, even if you're right in the middle of the conversation.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    All the leads I know tend to shift the topic away from something uncomfortable, even if you're right in the middle of the conversation.
    That has been my experience with ego types. More so than types.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    SiTe can be argumentative, but tend to be a strange mix between really direct and avoidant. The SiTe I know tend to be direct with what they think, and might argue if it's about someone telling them what to do that they don't agree with (but that's something everyone has the capacity for) but they are generally a 'live and let live' type. They'll notice things that can change in people, but generally don't get confrontational unless it becomes too much. All the leads I know tend to shift the topic away from something uncomfortable, even if you're right in the middle of the conversation.
    I've noticed this too.

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    That has been my experience with ego types. More so than types.
    Probably depends on what you mean by "uncomfortable." It'd be interesting to see what kinds of topics SXIs and EXEs find most uncomfortable, and see whether those topics are vastly different....

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    SiTe can be argumentative, but tend to be a strange mix between really direct and avoidant.
    This.
    My ISTp-Te dad is argumentative for a brief amount of time. Sometimes he himself starts arguing, or says something bad that makes you reply with anger. But when you reply with you arguments or with rage he just avoids to go further, saying "You can't understand. I'm done with this" and stops. It's ironic because it seems he made you fall in "Se" (if you have it) and later retreat to make you feel the stupid angry person.

With time I tried to not overreact with my role Se. Inestad, I just make jokes about these traits and he chills back (?).

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annoy an SLI enough or frequently make contrasting statements towards something they value and they will become very argumentative and aggressive. Generally though we tend to avoid argument. If I say I don't care much for the Steelers and you as a passionate Steelers fan try arguing as to why they're the cream of the crop, beez kneez, best of the best, I won't engage you on that and just smile and nod until you shut up. Avoid and ignore is how I usually react to attempts to draw me into argument.
    Last edited by ContractedCriminalboy; 05-24-2021 at 05:31 PM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They like all types are confident in the strong valued regions, but are introverts and Si, Fi-valuers, so they often avoid confrontation whenever possible.