Threaded View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Joy's type

Okay, so I was originally planning on making the poll to include everything except Alpha types, Delta ST's, and EIE. I've reconsidered because if there's one thing that I'm completely confident about right now, it's that I'm a logical type. I totally suck at both Fe and Fi. A lot. Especially Fi.

I'm about 90% confident that I'm an extrovert, 70% confident that I'm intuitive, and 70% confident that I'm rational. Or something along those lines.

What I'm like outside the forum:

I am involved in a number of professional associations/organizations and either have a leadership position or have been offered a leadership position in all of them. This includes being elected to be the president of a group with around 200 people in it (I pretty much just run the meetings), two committee chair positions (in two different organizations), the secretary/treasurer (bleh), and involvement on several other committees.

I do a fair amount of public speaking. I've presented to a group of my peers twice and will be doing the second presentation for a statewide group of the same association. I have been a speaker at dozens of first time home buyer workshops and presentations to real estate agents. Public speaking wasn't easy at first, but I knew the more I did it the easier it would get. I was right, too. It doesn't make me at all nervous anymore.

I have to have a job that allows me to be physically active and to talk to people throughout my day. I simply cannot handle having a desk job.

An LSE and an LIE both told me recently that they think I'm more "detail oriented" than they are. I beg to differ. I do only as much of that sort of thing as I need to.

People who know me irl would likely describe me as knowledgeable, talkative, pragmatic, and confident. I'm often the one who gets things moving when there's something to do done and people are just standing around talking. I just get started on it and delegate tasks if necessary. I also help spur along decisions. I'll gather information from the people involved (who wants to do what, when they have to be back by, what they need to get done, etc.) and then develop a plan of action. I ask everyone if the plan sounds good, and then moving on it.

Most people would also say that I'm weird. I'm a self-declared geek but don't see it as a negative thing. I like to laugh and joke around a lot. Usually it's at a situation though, not a person . I so use self-deprecating humor, but not all that much.

I enjoy working in a male dominated field (99.9% of the people in my field are middle aged white men). People are often impressed that I can carry the ladders that I do, and I very frequently hear comments about how rare it is to see a female doing what I'm doing. Most people say they've never even heard of it.

Anyways, this is probably too long already, so I'll end it here. I'll answer questions though.
    Last edited by Joy; 09-02-2009 at 05:52 PM.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/