Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type subtypes and PoLR

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I've never really subscribed to the sub-type theory and still have my doubts however something happened recently that made me re-think.

I've had several recent interactions with a junior co-worker who in the sub-type theory would be described as an ISTJ-se.

Now the is quite obvious as you would expect, in an "i'm going to stand my ground" sort of way. Knowing the theory i'm particularly careful with ISTJ types so as not to offend them as i consider them to be a great asset on any team.

But what really struck me was the apparent severity in which was absent in this particular individual. I've never seen it lacking to this extent in any ISTJ i've ever worked with before (and i've worked with quite a few).

I won't describe the situation but she seemed entirely out of her depth in dealing with any sort of ambiguity (which was natural and inevitable in the circumstances) or understanding that there was simply more than one way to skin a cat.

Assuming subtype theory could this be due to a strong focus on -creative almost canabilizing -PoLR out of existence? Would be interested in any views on this.
    I've seen this in an ISTj-Se too, it's almost fascinating in a way watching them drown themselves in things that don't matter or are not that big a deal.

Yes, it could be explained by sub type theory, when you think about dichotomies, as S goes up, it's counterpart N goes down, in this case the Se increases so there is less and less use of the Ne.

However, as there is more focus on the Se, there is an increased use of the role function of Fi, which can in extreme cases make a blur between ISTj and ISFj, however, out of those with strong sub types i've encountered, in this instance they seem like an ISTj with some slight ISFj qualities, but overall their actual type - the dominant function still wins over in them.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Se says, "Here are my ingredients, what can I do with them?"
    I do this all the time when I have to make dinner. Mostly to avoid having to run to the store. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Irrationals:

Dominant subtype - weakened functions are: Creative, PoLR, DS, and Demonstrative
    Creative subtype - weakened functions are: Dominant, Role, HA, and Ignoring

Rationals:

Dominant subtype - weakened functions are: Creative, PoLR, HA, and Ignoring
    Creative subtype - weakened functions are: Dominant, Role, DS, and Demonstrative

this is true way of subtypes??

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    No, it's the other way round. Ti-ISTjs have extremely weak Ne.
    I thought so too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-Creative = Ne-PoLR. Pronounced Se-Creative = pronounced Ne-PoLR. Se subtyes have pronounced Se-Creative, right?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Se-Creative = Ne-PoLR. Pronounced Se-Creative = pronounced Ne-PoLR. Se subtyes have pronounced Se-Creative, right?
    Yes. also, what cyclops said.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole "weakened", "strengthened" concept with subtypes never made any sense. It smacks of relativism and bias.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Se-creative is Ne-PoLR. Given that in strong Se-creative subtypes (ISFj-Se and ISTj-Se) the Se is accentuated it makes sense that Ne is even more PoLRarizing than in ISTj-Tis and ISFj-Fis.
    Dunno if this post was deleted or what, but I'd disagree with this. Se-creative creates Ne-PoLR by weakening Ne (SLEs have Ne-role, which is stronger). A focus on Se thus should strengthen Ne.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Dunno if this post was deleted or what, but I'd disagree with this. Se-creative creates Ne-PoLR by weakening Ne (SLEs have Ne-role, which is stronger). A focus on Se thus should strengthen Ne.
    This type of problem is the ultimate reason why the creative version of a function shouldn't interchangeably be used with its base version. I would convert your reasoning to something like: an IJ type creates by weakening as an EP type creates by weakening or an EJ type creates by weakening .
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12