Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    You must have a lot of time on your hands.
    Mean Darkie!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    It is a little uhhhhhhh... odd... that you just won't seem to let this idea go. I don't think anyone else sees ESTj in me, and *I* know that I'm NOT an ESTj. Have you considered the possibility that your best friend was not your conflicting partner? I get along quite well with INFps (except , and I used to get along with him, but he hates me know). They are in fact in my top three favorite types, possibly top two. ENTjs on the other hand... have the ability to truly aggravate me, something that most people cannot do.
    Come on Joy, what would the world be like if every great thinker uhhhhh....sheltered and never expressed their great ideas?! Imagine, just imagine, to be the ONE person who figured out JOY'S type. The elusive...all changing Joy was discovered!! lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAIZ ADMIT THAT YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH JOY!!

YOU WANT TO TAKE HER FROM ME! ADMIT IT BITCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    You must have a lot of time on your hands.
    Mean Darkie!
    no, you're mean, for thinking darkie is mean.
    Oops. Sorry. Mean Me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is that ESTj's are quite the contrary of how you paint them. They don't heart authority. The following are their TYPICAL beliefs. They are their OWN authority. At least give me THAT. lol

"I am self-sufficient, but I do need others to help me reach my goals.
    The only way I can preserve my self-respect is by asserting myself indirectly—for example, by not carrying out instructions exactly.
    I like to be attached to people but I am unwilling to pay the price of being dominated.
    Authority figures tend to be intrusive, demanding, interfering, and controlling.
    I have to resist the domination of authorities but at the same time maintain their approval and acceptance.
    Being controlled or dominated by others is intolerable.
    Making deadlines, complying with demands, and conforming are direct blows to my pride and self-sufficiency.
    If I follow the rules the way people expect, it will inhibit my freedom of action.
    It is best not to express my anger directly but to show my displeasure by not conforming.
    I know what's best for me and other people shouldn't tell me what to do.
    Rules are arbitrary and stifle me.
    Other people are often too demanding.
    If I regard people as too bossy, I have a right to disregard their demands.
    "
    lots of people of lots of types feel that way
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then why the fuck are they so into the military?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, they are still a part of the system though... they may decide to enter the military of their own accord, but they're still willing to do it.

ISFps can usually only be productive when working for themselves. In all other cases it is rare for them to work hard. ISFps always try to keep well away from bosses and other authoritative figures.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, they are still a part of the system though... they may decide to enter the military of their own accord, but they're still willing to do it.
    It's freedom, it promises MORE freedom. The military is about "protecting freedom." It's about killing off those that are TRYING to SUBMIT us to THEIR views. It's freedom fighting. It's saying, fuck you, DIE, those trying to IMPOSE themselves. Just more food for thought. Trying to understand those "submissive minded" ESTj's. lol

ISFps can usually only be productive when working for themselves. In all other cases it is rare for them to work hard. ISFps always try to keep well away from bosses and other authoritative figures.
    [/quote]

it's not about submission AT ALL... it's about conformity!!!
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG!!! I love these quotes!

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." This addresses two scenarios. The first of which is fear of failure. It encourages forward movement. It says, "Yeah, there's a chance you'll fail, but failure is a part of success. Look at the big picture." The second is related... it's enccouraging to think of past mistakes in this light.

"Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history that man can never learn anything from history." This is a clever way of saying that history repeats itself. I find it ironic therefore amusing.

"A lifetime of happiness! No man alive could bear it; it would be hell on earth." This is a backwards way of stating one of my core beliefs, I think. It is foolish to seek to have constant joy and never any pain. The ideal life is one that is balanced.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." YAY!!! Ne!!! I cannot describe how much I love this quote. I am SO irritated by tradition, convention, and social norms.

Here are some of the other quotes that I had at some point saved.

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." --Krishnamurti

"There is no failure. Only feedback." ~Robert Allen

"Self-trust is the first secret of success." Ralph Waldo Emerson
    He also said, "A man is what he thinks about all day long."

"Being challenged in life is enevitable, being defeated is optional."
    --Roger Crawford

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." --George Bernard Shaw

"Supposing you have tried and failed again and again. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down." ~Mary Pickford

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." ~Henry Ford

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to
    excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." - Vince Lombardi

"The person who know 'how' will always have job. The person who knows 'why' will always be his boss." Ravitch, Diane

"Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure."- Brian Tracy

Obviously the website I took these from had a theme, but I do really love each of these quotes.

Alternative mainstream shit. You're conforming to the alternative view. Blah.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG, you have to believe SOMETHING. It's not like you can be completely inert.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTjs are soooo conformist in that they love to do what society in general says is good. They're such failures at everything and are only alive to shoot arabs for me and to come fix my cable.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG, you have to believe SOMETHING. It's not like you can be completely inert.

You're right, but I hate "quotations" that sound like slogans.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-

ESTjs aren't the conforming type, but often they seem to expect everyone else to conform to their standards (not the other way around). This could be a type-related perception on my part, but that's how I see it.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever. I recommend everyone take knives and aim for their carotid arteries as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bottom line is that there is no way that INFps are my conflicting partners. I adore them too much. And this thread is NOT about ESTjs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The conflictors of INFjs are ESTps.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, there's no question I'm an ISFp.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, there's no question I'm an ISFp.
    If Joy's ISFP then I'm an... ExFJ.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    wow. so why do you think you believed that you were your dual for so long?
    Excellent question.

I was raised in household of introverts. There are 5 of us, every single one an introvert. The family member that I am closest to is my sister, who is an ISFp. I was given a lot of responsibility as a kid, one of my primary responsibilities being to care for my siblings. My parents were both raised by alcoholics, so neither had any concept at all of what a "normal" home is like. They were very loving and commited, but prolly gave me too much of the wrong kinds of responsibility. I had to teach my sister how to handle her weaknesses, especially in dealing with my brother who was too aggressive and my parents who were WAY WAY too strict. Basically, what I'm saying is that growing up, my environment required much use of functions other than my first two. Obviously using certain functions for the first 18 years of someone's life will make them fairly good at it AND confuse their sense of who they are.

I think that when both an introvert function and extroverted function (like Ni and Ne) both test high, it can mean that those are your 3rd and 5th functions.

Anyways... I spent three days with an ENTp and a few hours around his ENTp brother, and it's become quite obvious that I am not an ENTp. I'm too bouncy, and I'm always telling stories, and I'm much better in social interactions than most peolpe are, much less ENTps. "The Mediator" totally makes sense. Also, I've realized exactly how much my Si was repressed by taking ADD medication. Naturally my Si is VERY strong... on ADD meds it's just about non existent. I may have to take them again though.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    wow. so why do you think you believed that you were your dual for so long?
    Excellent question.

I was raised in household of introverts. There are 5 of us, every single one an introvert. The family member that I am closest to is my sister, who is an ISFp. I was given a lot of responsibility as a kid, one of my primary responsibilities being to care for my siblings. My parents were both raised by alcoholics, so neither had any concept at all of what a "normal" home is like. They were very loving and commited, but prolly gave me too much of the wrong kinds of responsibility. I had to teach my sister how to handle her weaknesses, especially in dealing with my brother who was too aggressive and my parents who were WAY WAY too strict. Basically, what I'm saying is that growing up, my environment required much use of functions other than my first two. Obviously using certain functions for the first 18 years of someone's life will make them fairly good at it AND confuse their sense of who they are.

I think that when both an introvert function and extroverted function (like Ni and Ne) both test high, it can mean that those are your 3rd and 5th functions.

Anyways... I spent three days with an ENTp and a few hours around his ENTp brother, and it's become quite obvious that I am not an ENTp. I'm too bouncy, and I'm always telling stories, and I'm much better in social interactions than most peolpe are, much less ENTps. "The Mediator" totally makes sense. Also, I've realized exactly how much my Si was repressed by taking ADD medication. Naturally my Si is VERY strong... on ADD meds it's just about non existent. I may have to take them again though.

the brother is constantly telling stories.....or didn't you notice? lmao

and watching them together, the brother seems way more extroverted

but i dont really think about this shit when im around them so what do i know

maybe we arnt even talking about the same things!!! but i think we are!!!

im generally a good mediator too...when i read that that is when i was like.."hmmm?" then everyone was like "NO" so i was like "GEEZ FINE"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    the brother is constantly telling stories.....or didn't you notice? lmao
    yeah, but it doesn't seem like the same way I do it... what do you think? Do I really seem like the same type at them?

and watching them together, the brother seems way more extroverted
    Yes. It's the subtype difference.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His brother is my ID?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they're both ENTps
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you found your type Joy. You are actually one of the people that are on here I don't think I could type whatsoever so I can see the difficulties you must have.

Whatever your type, your nice to me so I like you
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

internet typing is a sham anyways
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, I think the functions are more building blocks for personality anyway. People are more than just functions on a socionics chart and socionics does not have all the answers for intertype relations.

It's just a tool.

The only benefit I think to really knowing your type is that it might help you explain to others (but lord..don't do it in socionics terms) what your weaknesses and strengths are. But the older I get the more my strenghts seem to stand out and my weaknesses are more overlooked.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that understanding your functions can help you to accept yourself for who you are.
    SEE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast