Thread: Alpha Definitions of Love

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Strange. I'd see it as an endearingly quirky gesture. Same as a serenade or something.

In other words, it's cool, because it's unique to the individual, and that makes it a lot more real. I mean, I know it's not "unique"--it's trite and cliche--but maybe "personal" is a better word? Even better if it's part of his and the girl's shared sense of humor.

</RomantiGul>
    Coolanzon is right. As a Delta, even an SLI, I agree that it was a BIG risk [proposing with hay bales] , even if he already knew the answer (I hope he did). He gets points for creativity, risk-taking, theatre, and effort. What more would a girl want!
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Coolanzon is right. As a Delta, even an SLI, I agree that it was a BIG risk [proposing with hay bales] , even if he already knew the answer (I hope he did). He gets points for creativity, risk-taking, theatre, and effort. What more would a girl want!
    completely agree!

It reminds me a bit of that movie Big Fish where he plants the yellow flowers.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Leaf it out

A secret admirer terrified his would-be girlfriend - after sending her a truckload of 20,000 red roses.

Drama student Mingmei Niu was so shocked she told the driver to return all the blooms to the shop in Zhejiang, eastern China.

"It was very creepy. Not the sort of thing a sane admirer would do," said one pal.
    Wow. I guess that is creepy though because it was an "admirer." I think any big show of affection from someone you barely know is sorta scary. Now, if he'd, I dunno, planted 20,000 roses (or rose bushes I guess) in her backyard or something because he knew she loved them after they'd been dating for a while, that would be cool.

But buckets of wholesale roses from someone you barely know??!! creepy!!! very creepy.

But the girl was a drama student so was probably attracting situations like this. jk

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Delta, if someone proposed to me that way (hay bales), I'd either get annoyed by the drama of it, or scared off, and say no.

Same with 20k roses. Scary. Edit: Also, what a waste of money.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    As a Delta, if someone proposed to me that way (hay bales), I'd either get annoyed by the drama of it, or scared off, and say no.

Hmm, interesting. Where would you draw the line between quirky and personalized and needlessly big and dramatic? Or perhaps it's like Infantile-Infantile repulsion. I don't mind being cruel strange and unusual, but I can't really imagine taking being on the receiving end so well, myself.

EDIT

And I think the 20k roses just couldn't possibly be construed as "unique". They're cliche... more doesn't make it special.

Now, 20k pizzas? That's a different story.

MORE EDIT

And yes, waste of money. I can think of more creative (and less expensive) things to do with, say, a humble telephone call. Or a loudspeaker. Or a bucket and some sort of permanent marker.

Depends on what the vibrant display of insanity is for, though. I'll stop before I totally lose track of the topic.

FINAL THOUGHT

Mixed amusement/confusion, good. Laughter, even better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post

Really? but what if you were a cowgirl or something or the bales of hay were some sort of inside joke or some moment your shared? Or let's say you stayed in some farm type of bed and breakfast (not sure if those exist) and you made some comment about all the hay bales outside and were laughing about it and the next morning he says to look at the hay bales and then you see it! I think it could be cute.

It seems like something an ISTp would be more likely to do (hay bales that is), versus a big dramatic speech with a lot of emotion and John Mayer songs playing in the background or something -- that's the kinda drama that would make me cringe.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'd just prefer, in private, being asked. But I imagine it's a personal thing and not entirely type related.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.