Thread: Introverts, what do you see in extroverts?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    EIIs can ramble too. I suppose it takes an extravert to push in and get them to actually put their thoughts out there too.
    Yes, I can be rather long-winded and share a lot of what I'm thinking. (Though, as a side note, I'd like to point out that even if Sereno's post was long, I doubt it was comprehensive of his thoughts - my guess is he worded it carefully so as to keep things fairly concise and make sure the point didn't get lost). But the circumstances need to be right for me to actually just start sharing a lot. And I'm not sure an extrovert "pushing" me will do it all the time. For one thing, I don't instinctively like to be pushed to do things, even if it isn't intentional. For another, if someone pushes for my thoughts on something, I'll try to give them what I think they're wanting, not necessarily the full scope of my thoughts. When I really share a lot is when, as Sereno said, I feel it is wanted and not "in the way". Which means room needs to be made, if that makes sense. And sometimes I think that some people feel uncomfortable when there is "room" in a conversation, so they keep talking and pushing to fill in those "gaps". What is nice is when someone indicates and maintains interest, but doesn't try to pry anything from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    This is going to sound ironic or perhaps staged, but, I realize a major part of things for me is connecting my "inner world" to my external world. Minde has brought about various forms of compartmentalization that I had/have, and was the first person to point it out in the way she did. For me it has to do with being able to be so simply task or objective oriented and not having a conscious connection to other things, or even thinking I need one.
    Perhaps you mean "...has brought up..."? I should hate to think I brought about various forms of compartmentalization in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    haha, thanks. I do tend to keep what I think in my head, especially if I don't see the point in mentioning it. And yes, I tend to put a lot of thought into what I write, especially if it's more than one paragraph .

Going back to the OP, I tend to defend extraverts (or anyone for that matter) when they do something that leaves them very exposed, what you would call "making a fool of myself." If there's a group setting and all of a sudden someone says or does something that makes them stand out in a weird/awkward way I'll be the first one to try to redirect the topic of conversation or just ignore what just happened.
    *nods* I know the feeling. Both of them.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"..has brought about the realization of various forms of compartmentalization..."

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Yes, I can be rather long-winded and share a lot of what I'm thinking. (Though, as a side note, I'd like to point out that even if Sereno's post was long, I doubt it was comprehensive of his thoughts - my guess is he worded it carefully so as to keep things fairly concise and make sure the point didn't get lost).
    Yeah, I could have written more, but chose not to. I like writing so that it's all cohesive, but it takes me a long time .