Hybrid View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    This guy here wrote a detailed article on why she is EII
    http://worldsocionics.blogspot.de/20...lity-type.html
    Unlike E-based artists such as David Bowie (EIE), Freddie Mercury (EIE), or Bob Dylan (IEI), there is an absence in Swift’s artistry of any sentiment-based rallying or visionary redirection of the status quo (e.g. Mercury’s “We are the Champions”, “I Want to Break Free,” “Don’t Stop Me Now”, Dylan’s “Blowin’ in the Wind”, “Times They are A-Changing”, and Bowie’s “Heroes”, “Young Americans”).
    Well this is pretty ironic, since this an obvious "sentiment-based rallying or visionary redirection of the status quo":

Quote Originally Posted by Change by Taylor Swift
    So we’ve been outnumbered
    Raided and now cornered
    It’s hard to fight when the fight ain’t fair
    We’re getting stronger now
    Find things they never found
    They might be bigger
    But we’re faster and never scared

You can walk away, say we don’t need this
    But there’s something in your eyes says we can beat this

Tonight we'll stand, get off our knees
    Fight for what we’ve worked for all these years
    And the battle was long, it’s the fight of our lives
    But we’ll stand up champions tonight

Because these things will change
    Can you feel it now?
    These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down
    This revolution, the time will come
    For us to finally win
    And we’ll sing hallelujah, we’ll sing hallelujah
    "But we’ll stand up champions tonight" is even reminiscent of Mercury's "We Are The Champions".

How are "This REVOLUTION" "WE'RE stronger" "WE'LL stand" "The BATTLE was long" "We'll FIGHT" "For us to finally WIN" "These things will CHANGE" not "sentiment-based rallying or visionary redirection of the status quo"?

These are all pretty obvious Beta values, overcoming difficulties or defeating your opponents even if the odds are stacked against you. There is a clear willingness to give a fight.

This is pretty similar to "We Are The Champions":

We are the champions, my friends,
    And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
    We are the champions.
    We are the champions.
    No time for losers
    'Cause we are the champions of the world.

I find the typing to be pretty dubious and stereotypical. "She focuses on relationships, therefore Delta". "She does not use aggression, therefore Delta" (she does or can at times). "She does nice things to people, therefore Delta".

In further support of a Delta typing, Swift’s approach toward individuals who have wronged her is frequently generous rather than vindictive.
    How? She is vindictive towards Kanye West. She is vindictive towards all her ex-BFs. Besides, being generous has nothing to do with Delta.

This apparent desire for harmonious relations is consistent with Delta, over Gamma, quadra values for Swift.
    Again, how? She is mercilessly attacking all her ex-BFs in her unflattering songs about them, and she knows exactly what kind impact that has.

In general, Swift seems to overshare personal information in an attempt to correct misinterpretations of her character
    Since when do EIIs do this? They are pretty private usually.

She even tried to pressure Apple to change their mind, but I think any type can potentially do this:

To Apple, Love Taylor

I write this to explain why I’ll be holding back my album, 1989, from the new streaming service, Apple Music. I feel this deserves an explanation because Apple has been and will continue to be one of my best partners in selling music and creating ways for me to connect with my fans. I respect the company and the truly ingenious minds that have created a legacy based on innovation and pushing the right boundaries.

I’m sure you are aware that Apple Music will be offering a free 3 month trial to anyone who signs up for the service. I’m not sure you know that Apple Music will not be paying writers, producers, or artists for those three months. I find it to be shocking, disappointing, and completely unlike this historically progressive and generous company.

This is not about me. Thankfully I am on my fifth album and can support myself, my band, crew, and entire management team by playing live shows. This is about the new artist or band that has just released their first single and will not be paid for its success. This is about the young songwriter who just got his or her first cut and thought that the royalties from that would get them out of debt. This is about the producer who works tirelessly to innovate and create, just like the innovators and creators at Apple are pioneering in their field…but will not get paid for a quarter of a year’s worth of plays on his or her songs.

These are not the complaints of a spoiled, petulant child. These are the echoed sentiments of every artist, writer and producer in my social circles who are afraid to speak up publicly because we admire and respect Apple so much. We simply do not respect this particular call.

I realize that Apple is working towards a goal of paid streaming. I think that is beautiful progress. We know how astronomically successful Apple has been and we know that this incredible company has the money to pay artists, writers and producers for the 3 month trial period… even if it is free for the fans trying it out.

Three months is a long time to go unpaid, and it is unfair to ask anyone to work for nothing. I say this with love, reverence, and admiration for everything else Apple has done. I hope that soon I can join them in the progression towards a streaming model that seems fair to those who create this music. I think this could be the platform that gets it right.

But I say to Apple with all due respect, it’s not too late to change this policy and change the minds of those in the music industry who will be deeply and gravely affected by this. We don’t ask you for free iPhones. Please don’t ask us to provide you with our music for no compensation.

Taylor

She is saying "This is not about me, this is about everyone else in the industry". You can't say that Fi is about your own attitudes, your own likes/dislikes, and then say that "It's not about me, it's about everyone else's needs", that's contradictory. This is clearly a Fe attitude of "sacrificing her own needs for everybody else".

She pulled out of Spotify because she wasn't happy with the compensation. That's kind of "light pressuring".
    Last edited by Singu; 02-08-2017 at 01:58 AM.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    summary below
    - random songtext that vaguely reflects beta stereotypes
    - nasty celebrities doing nasty things to each other because they have a nasty character not type

Article states that some of her songs don't refelct her values (or were not written by her) and emphasizing single words and statements that can be interpreted in more than one way is not a valid form of typing. Instead one could actually try to argue the heavy Fi content from the author and focus on the big picture.

"Since when do *type* do this?" We can play this misleading game with any sociotype.

"sacrificing her own needs for everybody else" - no. She knows her current worth for the music industry and abuses it to pressure apple into correcting unfair conditions. It's self-righteous at best but hardly sacrifice.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no way that this is rational:

"I try to implement as much spontaneity in my life as I possibly can"

"All those things are up in the air, and that's more exciting to me. I'd really like to let life happen, rather than have some weird plan for it. If I have a plan, you kind of force your life to take that course. I'd just want to let my life happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    "sacrificing her own needs for everybody else" - no. She knows her current worth for the music industry and abuses it to pressure apple into correcting unfair conditions. It's self-righteous at best but hardly sacrifice.
    Exactly, it doesn't matter whether it's real or pretense. What matters is the STRATEGY behind it. We can never be sure her motives are genuine or not, but we can definitely see the result. Her strategy is to say "This isn't about me, it's not about my own needs, it's about everyone else's", which is more Fe than Fi.

You're saying that she "abuses it to pressure apple into correcting unfair conditions" which was yes, my point.
    Last edited by Singu; 02-08-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no way that this is rational:

"I try to implement as much spontaneity in my life as I possibly can"

"All those things are up in the air, and that's more exciting to me. I'd really like to let life happen, rather than have some weird plan for it. If I have a plan, you kind of force your life to take that course. I'd just want to let my life happen."

Exactly, it doesn't matter whether it's real or pretense. What matters is the STRATEGY behind it. We can never be sure her motives are genuine or not, but we can definitely see the result. Her strategy is to say "This isn't about me, it's not about my own needs, it's about everyone else's", which is more Fe than Fi.

You're saying that she "abuses it to pressure apple into correcting unfair conditions" which was yes, my point.
    Lol @ "implementing" spontaneity though.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Lol @ "implementing" spontaneity though.
    Well... there's a context to what she said. She was frustrated at the fact that her life is so planned out and meticulously scheduled due to her constant touring and such.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... there's a context to what she said. She was frustrated at the fact that her life is so planned out and meticulously scheduled due to her constant touring and such.
    Yeah, with both the statements she seems to be using the language of wishing how things were (trying" to implement unplanned things; conditional statements using "would"). It may not be that she's irrational, but that she'd prefer to have what she imagines a more normal life would be like. Dunno.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Yeah, with both the statements she seems to be using the language of wishing how things were (trying" to implement unplanned things; conditional statements using "would"). It may not be that she's irrational, but that she'd prefer to have what she imagines a more normal life would be like. Dunno.
    This is the quote more verbatim:

"At this point, I don't know if I want someone else in my life, I don't know if I want a family, all those things are up in the air, and that's more exciting to me. Because I'd really like to let life happen, rather than have some weird plan for it. I think if you have a plan, for like, "I need to be married by this age, and then I need to have kids by this age..." you kind of force your life to take that course. And you might not end up with the right person, you might be making decisions under duress of your own plans, and I'd just want to let my life happen."

And this is kind of interesting, she is describing her mom who seems to be an ISTj, and she appears very receptive to her, and apparently they're very close:

"My mom is um... She's such an interesting person, because she's so sweet, and she's so warm, but she's also really really logical... and when I was growing up, she was very strict.

I always felt like I could tell her everything, and she was always that kind of affectionate, comfort type person when I needed comforting. But, she also kind of made sure that my brother and I knew about, like manners, and how to throw a party, and how to host people, and how to clean a house and all the things that you need to know as an adult so I've never felt unprepared for adulthood, because my mom had always been pretty strict with us, which now I appreciate. I used to be like 'Mom! Really?'"