Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echidna1000 View Post
    Here is the argument for Taylor Swift as EII. I find it pretty convincing: http://worldsocionics.blogspot.co.uk...lity-type.html
    It would be convincing... if she didn't have such good relations with Se ego types, including her own mother.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Bwahaha why are Taylor and Tori even in the same sentence?!
    Well, you're comparing someone who is more musically talented (Tori) to someone who is less musically talented. You're also comparing an alternative singer to a mainstream popstar. So they may seem different, but their overall behaviors are actually quite similar.

They're both someone who write "confessional" songs, they're both someone who write (overly) personal things about them and want to express their emotions in that way and perhaps be validated for it. I'd say IXFx are the most likely types to do this, especially IEIs and SEIs.

They both appear to be fixated on their own emotional worlds to the point of ignoring the reality around them, and that's what most of their songs are about: expressions of their own emotional private worlds.

They have both covered artists like Eminem, and why would they? They seem totally different and you wouldn't expect someone like them to cover someone like Eminem, but they do. It's because there is actually a kind of a similarity in behavior and an overall purpose in what they do.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    @Singularity I know you are still set on IEI, but have you considered EII for her? What exactly about her sticks out as irrational to you?
    Yeah, I think EII is one of the better types for her. She's probably one of the IXFxs. It depends on what you mean by irrational, but it comes out in her dislike of rigid rules and plans, and her likes of being in spontaneous situations. But the most significant aspect of rationality is that you stick to a position until you see no good reason to hold on to it.

e.g.:

I don't live by all these rigid, weird rules that make me feel all fenced in. I just like the way that I feel like, and that makes me feel very free.

She likes that love can be impulsive. “I think that you can’t be too neurotic about love. You can’t plan everything out,” she said. “I think that one of the cool things about love is that the spontaneity of it is what makes it so magical. I think the coolest way to have a first kiss is when you’re in the middle of a sentence, and you’re rambling on about something, and the guy looks over and just kisses you, and you’re not expecting it. Like, you’re not planning that. That’s not underneath a terrace, underneath the moonlight with a shooting star running across the sky and everything’s perfect. I think the perfection of love is that it’s not perfect.”

Also the EII wouldn't make much sense, since she seems to have many good relations with Se egos, and also it seems that she seeks those types of people.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    It would be convincing... if she didn't have such good relations with Se ego types, including her own mother.
    EIIs and other Delta NFs are focused on forming harmonious relationships with people through exploring different points of view. Assuming her mother is an Se-ego, it is not beyond the capacity of an EII to stay on good terms with her.

Furthermore, taking a single point like that and saying that prevents the article from being convincing is not a winning move. After all, I could similarly take the many points made in the article and use them to say your proposed alternative isn't convincing.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also the EII wouldn't make much sense, since she seems to have many good relations with Se egos, and also it seems that she seeks those types of people.
    Ok, maybe we should look at the people you think are Se egos. How do we know they are Se egos? We'd need to establish that for your point to have relevance.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs and other Delta NFs are focused on forming harmonious relationships with people through exploring different points of view. Assuming her mother is an Se-ego, it is not beyond the capacity of an EII to stay on good terms with her.
    That's not what I said, you probably haven't read my previous posts but I'll explain again.

These are the reasons why I pretty much think that her mother is an LSI, plus you can see what she's like in some videos, etc:

Taylor described her mom as “rational” and “down to earth.” It was Andrea Swift who taught Taylor the first rule of success: it doesn’t come without hard work and dedication. “My mom always said, ‘I don’t feel like you just get discovered, there’s a lot more that goes into it,” Taylor recalled. “I want you always to have high hopes but low expectations.’”

"I have a logical, practical, realistic mother"

"My mom has always been very logical, very practical, and I think that's why I've always been that way"

“She totally raised me to be logical and practical,” Taylor said of her mom. “I was brought up with such a strong woman in my life, and I think that had a lot to do with me not wanting to do anything halfway.”

Their relationship isn't the kind of relationship where they merely stay on good terms with each other, but it's "one of the best", where they rarely conflict with one another. Also Taylor Swift seems to be appreciative of her mother's input, and takes her advice to heart. Socionically, this is definitely not what you would typically call a super-ego relation:

"My mom and I had always been best friends, and that really helped because we really don't fight... We have little disagreements here and there, but most of the time, we get along really really well."

"Taylor and her mom have an incredible bond. I think it's awesome that Taylor has someone around her at all time that she can confide in and get advice from, or just talk to and hang around and be herself with, and she never has to question that."

Taylor knows she can go to her mom with any problem and get honest advice. “She’s always, always around,” said Taylor. “She’s the person in my life who will just literally look me in the eye and say, ‘Look, snap out of it.’ And I need that person.”

Taylor respects her mother’s opinion. It’s one of the reasons Taylor does not participate in rebellious behavior, like drinking or smoking. “I can tell my mom everything, and I do,” she said. “Before I make decisions, I always think, ‘What is my mom going to think if I tell her this? Is my mom going to be really upset if she finds out that I did this?’ Usually I decide, ‘No, I’m not going to go through with this.’”

For obvious reasons, this would also rule out SEEs and IEEs.

Ok, maybe we should look at the people you think are Se egos. How do we know they are Se egos? We'd need to establish that for your point to have relevance.
    Again, I already did but I'll explain again.

Well I'd say this good friend of hers, Kelly Pickler is an obvious SEE, and you can see the Se in their interaction:

(on her "BFF" Kelly Pickler) What’s your favorite thing about each other?

Taylor Swift: My favorite thing about Kellie is that she’s the one person on the planet who has the nerve to delete a guy’s number out of my phone if she doesn’t think he’s right for me [laughs]. She will grab my phone and delete his number, because she does not want me to talk to someone who she thinks is bad news.

TS: I can trust Kellie with all my secrets because she’s really unbiased. She’ll give me advice from a place that she knows. She’s learned a lot of lessons, and she knows a lot for her 22 years of being on this earth. She’s the person who will very bluntly say to me, “Get over it!” … instead of my friends who are like, “Maybe he misses you or maybe he didn’t mean it that way, or blah, blah, blah.” Kellie will just look at me and say, “He’s bad news, get over it.”

http://theboot.com/kellie-pickler-gi...-taylor-swift/

“It was really neat. Total blonde power. After the game, we pulled into a gas station and Carrie saw this guy talking to Taylor. We were like, This isn’t right! I said, ‘Get away from her, you old man. If you’re still around when we finish filling up with gas, we’ll make a hood ornament out of you!’” — Kellie Pickler on a girls’ night out at a hockey game with Taylor and Carrie Underwood.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what I said, you probably haven't read my previous posts but I'll explain again.

These are the reasons why I pretty much think that her mother is an LSI, plus you can see what she's like in some videos, etc:

Taylor described her mom as “rational” and “down to earth.” It was Andrea Swift who taught Taylor the first rule of success: it doesn’t come without hard work and dedication. “My mom always said, ‘I don’t feel like you just get discovered, there’s a lot more that goes into it,” Taylor recalled. “I want you always to have high hopes but low expectations.’”

"I have a logical, practical, realistic mother"

"My mom has always been very logical, very practical, and I think that's why I've always been that way"

“She totally raised me to be logical and practical,” Taylor said of her mom. “I was brought up with such a strong woman in my life, and I think that had a lot to do with me not wanting to do anything halfway.”

Their relationship isn't the kind of relationship where they merely stay on good terms with each other, but it's "one of the best", where they rarely conflict with one another. Also Taylor Swift seems to be appreciative of her mother's input, and takes her advice to heart. Socionically, this is definitely not what you would typically call a super-ego relation:

"My mom and I had always been best friends, and that really helped because we really don't fight... We have little disagreements here and there, but most of the time, we get along really really well."

"Taylor and her mom have an incredible bond. I think it's awesome that Taylor has someone around her at all time that she can confide in and get advice from, or just talk to and hang around and be herself with, and she never has to question that."

Taylor knows she can go to her mom with any problem and get honest advice. “She’s always, always around,” said Taylor. “She’s the person in my life who will just literally look me in the eye and say, ‘Look, snap out of it.’ And I need that person.”

Taylor respects her mother’s opinion. It’s one of the reasons Taylor does not participate in rebellious behavior, like drinking or smoking. “I can tell my mom everything, and I do,” she said. “Before I make decisions, I always think, ‘What is my mom going to think if I tell her this? Is my mom going to be really upset if she finds out that I did this?’ Usually I decide, ‘No, I’m not going to go through with this.’”

For obvious reasons, this would also rule out SEEs and IEEs.

Again, I already did but I'll explain again.

Well I'd say this good friend of hers, Kelly Pickler is an obvious SEE, and you can see the Se in their interaction:

(on her "BFF" Kelly Pickler) What’s your favorite thing about each other?

Taylor Swift: My favorite thing about Kellie is that she’s the one person on the planet who has the nerve to delete a guy’s number out of my phone if she doesn’t think he’s right for me [laughs]. She will grab my phone and delete his number, because she does not want me to talk to someone who she thinks is bad news.

TS: I can trust Kellie with all my secrets because she’s really unbiased. She’ll give me advice from a place that she knows. She’s learned a lot of lessons, and she knows a lot for her 22 years of being on this earth. She’s the person who will very bluntly say to me, “Get over it!” … instead of my friends who are like, “Maybe he misses you or maybe he didn’t mean it that way, or blah, blah, blah.” Kellie will just look at me and say, “He’s bad news, get over it.”

http://theboot.com/kellie-pickler-gi...-taylor-swift/

“It was really neat. Total blonde power. After the game, we pulled into a gas station and Carrie saw this guy talking to Taylor. We were like, This isn’t right! I said, ‘Get away from her, you old man. If you’re still around when we finish filling up with gas, we’ll make a hood ornament out of you!’” — Kellie Pickler on a girls’ night out at a hockey game with Taylor and Carrie Underwood.
    OK, that description of her mother sounds more Delta ST than Beta ST. I don't see how that's meant to be Ti+Se valuing. The point of Delta ST is about doing as good a job as you can, with the expectation that if you work hard enough at something you will master it.

As for Kelly, that does sound pretty Gamma SF to me. It's really not unusual for an EII to say this about their Gamma SF friends.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, because ESEs are totally known for being alone for a lengthy period of time. At the peak of their careers, when they could be talking to anyone in the world. Not. They're not stereotypes, they're actually useful information for typing someone.
    She has a good balance of extraverting and spending time to herself from what I know. Doesn't mean she isn't an extravert type. My ESE mom spends a lot of time alone, too.

Only about 3 people in this thread type her as ESE, and I think that's one of the most ridiculous typings actually. I could think of better types than that.
    Yeah. But the entire MBTI world types her ESFJ so there's that. I'd say EII is certainly way better than IEI. She is clearly feeling function first and rational.

When did you debunk how Taylor Swift seems to be gravitated towards mostly IEIs and SEEs? You didn't. ESEs aren't mainly attracted to those types.
    Who were the IEIs again? And SFs hang with SFs of either quadra.

You have ignored how she likes bands like Sigur Ros, which is a clear Ni band.
    Because I know people of all types that listen to all kinds of music, including ESxx of all type that listen to "deep" music.

How do you know? You obviously never bothered to look that much into Taylor Swift.
    Because I've seen enough info on both.

I only said that they VI'd similar, but there are some similarities actually...

- They both write "confessional" songs, which are sometimes overly intimate and personal... check
    - They have both written about some mistakes that they've made in high school or some embarrassing things from high school... check
    - Taylor Swift has covered Tori Amos once... so probably a fan.
    - They both have covered Eminem... which are very different from either, and someone who you wouldn't expect to cover from them.
    - They both seem to be preoccupied with their own private emotional worlds, and nothing else, and they sing about their own emotional worlds. Very little of "reality" outside of themselves.
    Yeah, they're both typical singers. Amazing. Tori is WAY more in her own world, too. Not that Taylor doesn't have that, too. I'm also a fan of Tori Amos and Eminem and I have feelings. Am I IEI?

Fe-doms don't tend take to sing or talk things about themselves, either good or bad. Marilyn Manson is an e4 EIE, yet he sings mostly FOR others. Bono is an EIE, he sings FOR others, about someone or people other than himself. That's what Fe-dom is about. Taylor and Tori are all about singing about themselves, about their own emotional worlds and from their own PoV.
    This is probably the best argument you've made so far, at least. Give examples of ESE singers too, though, not just EIE. Because they operate differently. Whitney Houston is Fe dom, arguably of either kind, and sings songs more about her feelings, for example.

Enneagram will also affect things.

4 is normally self centered but so/sp 4 is the ultimate social critic. Bono seems 6. 3 is the real most self centered one and Swift is 3 and Houston is 3 winged (2w3, which is also self centered when you get past everything they do to not seem it).
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    She has a good balance of extraverting and spending time to herself from what I know. Doesn't mean she isn't an extravert type. My ESE mom spends a lot of time alone, too.

Yeah. But the entire MBTI world types her ESFJ so there's that. I'd say EII is certainly way better than IEI. She is clearly feeling function first and rational.

Who were the IEIs again? And SFs hang with SFs of either quadra.

Because I know people of all types that listen to all kinds of music, including ESxx of all type that listen to "deep" music.

Because I've seen enough info on both.

Yeah, they're both typical singers. Amazing. Tori is WAY more in her own world, too. Not that Taylor doesn't have that, too. I'm also a fan of Tori Amos and Eminem and I have feelings. Am I IEI?

This is probably the best argument you've made so far, at least. Give examples of ESE singers too, though, not just EIE. Because they operate differently. Whitney Houston is Fe dom, arguably of either kind, and sings songs more about her feelings, for example.

Enneagram will also affect things.

4 is normally self centered but so/sp 4 is the ultimate social critic. Bono seems 6. 3 is the real most self centered one and Swift is 3 and Houston is 3 winged (2w3, which is also self centered when you get past everything they do to not seem it).
    Certainly an Ethical element first. However, why do you think it's ? Her songs (at least those written by her) are regularly themed about speculation over relationships, understanding why things went wrong and considering the character of the other individual. She's a good example of someone with as a focus. There are plenty of artists to contrast her with.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, that description of her mother sounds more Delta ST than Beta ST. I don't see how that's meant to be Ti+Se valuing. The point of Delta ST is about doing as good a job as you can, with the expectation that if you work hard enough at something you will master it.
    You'd only need to see her in video, she's a lot like Hillary Clinton:

And really, being "very logical" is Te > Ti?

As for Kelly, that does sound pretty Gamma SF to me. It's really not unusual for an EII to say this about their Gamma SF friends.
    Really, and when did it become "usual" for EIIs to get along with Se egos?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'd say the Fe in her writing is pretty obvious:

Heyy,

It’s almost December, which means many things.. It’s going to get cold, everyone has Christmas decorations in full gear, and….. It’s almost my BIRTHDAY. ha. My birthday is December 13. Yay. I’m just excited to be a year older! So much has happened in the past year, it feels like its been three. Thanksgiving was fun, interesting actually. One of my first times to have a few days off in a couple of months, which is weird because I love being on the road so much. On Thanksgiving day, I got to sing the anthem at the Detroit Lions/Miami Dolphins game in Detroit, and got to be on TV! haha. Then I flew to St. Louis to see my family. My family is great. We are loud, and there are alot of us. For me, the coolest part of the holiday was the fact that I found a Law and Order SVU marathon and watched like 19 episodes in a row til I was about to go blind and had sleep-deprivation. AWESOME. But seriously, I never get to watch tv anymore so it was nice to find THE show that I love. Then I was out again, doing more shows. Somewhere in this period of time, I got the news that I’ll be opening up for GEORGE STRAIT starting in January, up until the tour ends in March. I’m SO excited!! I’m pretty much a George Strait superfan, so this is going to be SO much fun. I’ve been doing lots of shows lately, just got back from Utah (where it is very very COLD and my band and I drove in a huge 12-seater van everywhere, and I fell asleep with my mouth hanging open and they all took pictures of it) where we did a few shows which were AWESOME. I love people. Seriously. After every show, I sign until I’ve met everybody, and I can’t even express how much I love the people I’ve met. Y'all are awesome. Thanks for everything you continue to do for me, it will never go unnoticed.

lovelovelove
    -T-

HEY!

I just got the call that my album is the NUMBER ONE country album this week!!!!! It’s been since October, and this is the first week it’s ever gone number one!! I’m SO excited. You guys are AMAZING. I’m so excited about this, thank you so much for continuing to support me. THANK YOU FOR THE NUMBER ONE! Now go tell everyone you know to buy it so we can stay there. haha. But seriously, thank you so much. You know I love you SO much. This is a dream come true.

lovelovelove
    -T-

PS: We’re shooting the video for “Our Song” in the next few weeks. Can’t WAIT for you to see it!

http://www.myspace.com/taylorswift/blog/291802131

So.. Ben (my banjo player), Grant (my guitar player), and I all got to meet Keri Russell the other night. We were playing at the same corporate party she was at. Ok, and I’ve always been obsessed with her because she rocks the curly hair, and was AMAZING in The Waitress and Felicity. When we met her, she was SO incredibly cool. We all went up to meet her, and she was like “HEY!! What’s up?”. She was really genuine, and funny. So before we went on the trip, Ben’s wife had asked him jokingly if he would ask Keri how she does her hair, not thinking he’d actually get the chance to ask her. But sure enough, we’re talking to her and Ben told her about his wife’s question. This is why she’s awesome: She gets out a piece of paper, and writes down EXACTLY what products she uses, what blow dryers she uses, and exactly what she does to make her hair straight or curly. It seems simple, but she had so many people who wanted to talk to her, and still she took the time to do that for Ben. I just think it’s so awesome when cool people don’t know they’re cool. Love her!

I’m really really really excited about the second album, you guys. I thought I would be stressing about it because everyone’s like “You have your whole life to write your first record, and one year to write your second blah blah blah” and I was feeling it for a few weeks (cough, cough.. months), wondering if we’d be able to beat the first record and which songs would be right for this next album….. Then we went into the studio. Everything changed. Everything is different now. Everything came together, and I am PINING AWAY for the release date this fall. I wrote most of the songs on this album by myself, although there is a prettttttty co-write with the pretttttty and amazingly flawless Colbie Caillat. I think I want to spell out codes in the lyrics again… Maybe they’ll all be names this time. Exact names of exact people who the songs were written about. Or maybe their initials or something like that. haha. On second thought… maybe not. ;-)

I’m completely going crazy thinking of ideas for the album photo shoots and the cd booklet and all of that stuff. I’m consumed and obsessed and SO excited that I get to make a second record. Hey, I’m still in awe of the fact that I got to make the first one.

So thank you for all of these things that make me so happy to be alive on Easter Sunday, 2008. Thank you for helping me and being there for me and listening to the songs I wrote about sophomore relationships. Hopefully you’ll like the ones I’ve written about senior ones too. :-D

lovelovelove
    -T-

http://www.myspace.com/taylorswift/blog/36979990

FREAKING OUT jklsfkdjfkdjvdf!!!!! {cmt awards}

Apr 15, 2008

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I CANNOT believe last night actually happened. CANNOT believe it. I am absolutely in awe of you and what you’ve done for me. The CMT Music Awards are COMPLETELY fan voted. And I have no idea how I was lucky enough to have a night like I had last night. It was you, and your votes and your loyalty. I didn’t see it coming. You completely caught me off guard. I’ve never been so blown away. To win Female Video of the Year and VIDEO OF THE YEAR?? Are you serious?? I’m so blown away and I can’t thank you enough.

And then I got the BIGGEST pleasant surprise of my LIFE. THANK YOU so much to everyone who voted!! I CAN’T explain to you how grateful I am. I’ve never seen Trey (my director) that excited, and she has worked so hard on my videos. I will NEVER forget what you guys have done for me. You know I love you. Last night was just over the top! I can’t believe I’m this lucky. I never thought this stuff was going to happen to me. I just can’t believe it. It hasn’t sunk in. I hope it never does. You guys are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

lovelovelove
    -T-

PS: PICTURES LATER!!!

http://www.myspace.com/taylorswift/blog/379260779

Aug 11, 2008

AHHHHH!!!! I’m up for a VMA!!!!! I’m freaking out (still) about the news, and I just can’t thank you enough. I love you, I adore you, thank you for voting. I can’t believe I get to go to the VMA’s. Wow. I have no idea what I did to deserve the way you guys treat me, but I want you to know there’s not a minute that goes by that I don’t appreciate it. I’m so thankful. I GET TO GO TO THE VMA’S! THANK YOU!! I’m not sure yet whether the awards are fan-voted (please be fan voted, please be fan voted) but I’ll keep you updated on that. And I’ll be editing together a new video to put up in the next few days. Another thing, “Change” is finally up on iTunes and all the benefits go to Team USA for the Olympics. Maybe check it out? That would be awesome. Hey I’m getting on a plane to go play a show in Hamburg, NY. I’ll blog more later, I just wanted to let you know you’re incredible for that VMA nomination. Thanks, I love you dearly.

lovelovelove
    -T-

http://www.myspace.com/taylorswift/blog/423208182

Lots of exuberant and over-the-top enthusiasm.

When she's not being so excited, she writes like this. I'd say she writes like an IEI, like as if she's writing a novel:

Current mood: ecstatic

On November 7, I woke up around 9:00, and was completely relaxed as I put on my make up. I put my hair up in a ponytail, and thought to myself “Why am I not nervous? Shouldn’t I be nervous?” Because award shows are the most nerve-racking things to prepare for, usually. I mean, there’s nothing like getting up to sing in front of your idols and a live audience of thousands, on national television. It’s not the easiest thing to do. But that day, I didn’t really feel the nerves. It felt like it was just another day.

I arrived at the arena and talked to Kellie Pickler as we both got ready in the dressing room we were sharing. She was bubbly and beautiful as usual. Seeing Kellie always brightens my day, because she’s always got something funny to say. She’s my fried, not just an acquaintance. I’d do anything for her. One of the producers of the show came to get me, and we walked to the stage for the rehearsal. My band was there, and we were all stoked to get to play. They lowered me down into the floor on a lift, and one of the producers came up to me and said “Alright, thirteen seconds and you’re on!” It’s always good to hear someone say that number when I’m needing luck. The song started, and I began to rise out of the floor on this elevator, in the center of a giant flower. I loved it, not gonna lie. As I played, I could see all the artists sitting in the crowd after their rehearsals, just hanging out. I waved to Miranda, who was sitting in one of the first few rows.

After the rehearsals for Brad’s performance and mine, we headed over to my record label to do some media interviews. The interviewers would say: “So, you’re nominated for the Horizon Award tonight.. What do you think your chances are of taking it home?” And I would always reply with, “I have a one in five chance. I have to be practical about it. I mean, look at the other nominees! I don’t think I’m gonna win it, I’m just happy to be in the category.”

After the interviews, it was time to get hair and make up started. After an hour of make up and hair and removing the blue nail polish from my toes, I got a call from my manager. “Hey, they had an extra seat on the floor for me. I’ll be down there with you guys in Row M.” I was happy about it, and told him I’d see him later. After I hung up, I realized that “M” is the 13th letter.

The red carpet was a beautiful blur of interviews and people looking gorgeous. Martina walked the carpet behind me, and she looked stunning. After all the camera flashes and interviews were over, I was escorted backstage. I had a quick change into my performance dress. It was black, and I was wearing long black gloves with it. The performance was a blast, and right afterward I was rushed back to another quick change into the dress I’d be wearing for Brad’s performance. Kellie and I danced out in our dresses and had a blast dancing with some of the kids from the marching band.

I changed back into my gold dress from the red carpet to go back out into the audience and watch the show. It was so much fun getting to see Sugarland win their award. I popped out of my seat as soon as I heard their name called. Those two are the most innovative performers in country music. They’re going to take over the planet.

When Carrie came out to announce the Horizon category, I looked over at Rodney, who was sitting in the row directly across from me. After all the nominees had been announced, I grabbed his hand across the aisle. Rodney and I have been on tour together, and he’s always looking out for me like I’m his little sister. And then the silence came. It lasted about five seconds in reality, but I could’ve sworn that silence lasted for ten minutes. The waiting.. Carrie looks down and says “And the award goes to….”

She looks up and says “Taylor Swift!”.

I remember it all in slow motion.. I’m running up the stairs in a ball gown and heels. My mom and dad are crying. Everyone at my record label is screaming. My family and everyone I love is watching from their living rooms. I’m crying on national television, and thinking about you.

Thank you for making this year the best one of my life. Thank you for crossing your fingers for me, and being my friends.

And thank you for convincing me that fairytale endings.. Well, they happen sometimes.

Lovelovelove
    -T-

http://www.myspace.com/taylorswift/blog/327053183

One week and counting til it’s someone’s birthday…..

Dec 5, 2007

And by someone, I mean me.

Haha.

Yes! My birthday is next week, December 13th to be exact. I can’t wait! It’s going to be cool to turn 18 and have so much to celebrate. I feel like this whole year has been a big gift. It’s been quite a year! Thanks to you.

And now I want you to direct your attention to my default picture (and no, I did not photoshop her in). It’s Colbie Caillat!! She was doing a show in Nashville and I just happened to be in town, so we got together and wrote a killer song. It’s really cool, and I can’t wait for you to hear it. She’s gonna record back up vocals on it for my new album. (They’ll be really loud back up vocals, because she has an incredibly awesome voice and I want it to be turned wayyyy up) We have so much in common, and she’s now officially number 1 on my cool people list.

I’m just kidding.. I don’t actually have a cool people list. But if I did, she would be number 1.

Speaking of my next album, today was my first day in the studio “pre-planning” for recording it!! My producer, Nathan, and I basically spent all day listening to songs and picking which ones to record first, and freaking out about the fact that my album is now DOUBLE platinum!!!
    By the way, my house is completely decorated for Christmas. Christmas decorating is like my mom’s sport. I mean, we have Christmas tree salt shakers and wreaths on each door and garlands hanging on every ledge.. It’s festive. I’m getting into the Christmas spirit, and trying to do as much shopping as possible. This year I can say with total and complete honesty that I’ve gotten everything I could ever ask for. (Thank you for being such a big part of the reason I can say that)

I’m off to LA tomorrow to help announce the Grammy nominees. Let’s hope I don’t stutter or mispronounce anything or.. stutter. Ha

All is well here and I hope all is well where you are.

lovelovelove
    -T-

http://www.myspace.com/taylorswift/blog/335049903

Her writing style is rather... informal. She often inserts things like "Just kidding.." or "Haha", which is usually Fe, and often irrational Fe.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-15-2017 at 05:54 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I watched the video. How is she like Hillary Clinton other than that she's a mature woman giving a speech?

Yes, you cannot just assume that being 'logical' means you think in terms of rules and structural absolutes. It could easily mean someone who is pragmatic and fact-focused.

It's just as usual for an EII to hang out with Gamma SFs as it is for an ILE to hang out with Delta NFs. Adjacent quadras often hang out. Note that the way Taylor describes her friend emphasises the Gamma use of over and above the Gamma use of .

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I watched the video. How is she like Hillary Clinton other than that she's a mature woman giving a speech?

Yes, you cannot just assume that being 'logical' means you think in terms of rules and structural absolutes. It could easily mean someone who is pragmatic and fact-focused.

It's just as usual for an EII to hang out with Gamma SFs as it is for an ILE to hang out with Delta NFs. Adjacent quadras often hang out. Note that the way Taylor describes her friend emphasises the Gamma use of over and above the Gamma use of .
    And how is she suddenly a Delta ST, just because she said something about hard work? Jesus Christ. LSIs also tend to be tough disciplinarians as parents.

If someone describes someone as "very logical" "practical and grounded" "raised me to be logical", then chances are, the person is likely an LSI, a rational Ti type.

Ok, so here is an EII, who describes someone as being "very logical" and loves her for it, and she is describing a Delta ST now? Please. That's not how things work. It's most likely that she is a Ti-valuer who is with a Ti parent.

Well it's hard to find videos of her, here's some interaction between Taylor and her mom (@2:36):

That's more obviously Fe than Delta interaction.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-15-2017 at 06:24 PM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly an Ethical element first. However, why do you think it's ? Her songs (at least those written by her) are regularly themed about speculation over relationships, understanding why things went wrong and considering the character of the other individual. She's a good example of someone with as a focus. There are plenty of artists to contrast her with.
    I personally just think ESE, but EII is a very good choice, too, especially after I've thought about it more after the first time someone suggested EII for her here.

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity
    Again with the stereotypes. I see Delta NFs and Gamma SFs being friends regularly.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how is she suddenly a Delta ST, just because she said something about hard work? Jesus Christ. LSIs also tend to be tough disciplinarians as parents.

If someone describes someone as "very logical" "practical and grounded" "raised me to be logical", then chances are, the person is likely an LSI, a rational Ti type.

Ok, so here is an EII, who describes someone as being "very logical" and loves her for it, and she is describing a Delta ST now? Please. That's not how things work. It's most likely that she is a Ti-valuer who is with a Ti parent.

Well it's hard to find videos of her, here's some interaction between Taylor and her mom (@2:36):

That's more obviously Fe than Delta interaction.

I'm just going with the information you've given me about her mother. I'm not going to say with any certainty that she's a Delta ST, just that the info you've provided points to Delta ST>Beta ST. A good example of the LSE is Thomas Edison who was basically a workhorse, and worked for hours and hours to get his inventions to function.

Why does any of that suggest LSI to you? Now if she said something like her mother being a person of certainty and absolute clarity, no ambiguities, etc., who made clear rules and expected them to be followed, that would suggest LSI. Being 'practical and grounded' does nothing to suggest LSI over the Delta STs.

Sounds to me like it could easily be an EII with a Delta ST parent. You haven't provided anything that even hints at LSI or a valuing type.

Ok, looking at this video, what strikes me as odd is that the mother is accustomed to the role of welcoming new people and making them feel at home. This is unusual for an Suggestive type like LSI. It's very normal for an ESE, and is something an LSE could do rather well if it's part of the job. However, the most important thing to note is that Taylor Swift is voluntarily creating a video talking, once again, about her relationships, this time with her parents. She is someone who is unconcerned with having her parents in the public view because she is so close to them, even if this makes her look like a momma's girl. Again, no sign of LSI for the mother.

Please, feed me some information that supports LSI for the mother and IEI for Taylor Swift. So far, it's just supporting my position.

The one thing that might work from what you've said is pointing out Taylor Swift's use of at 2:36. However, this is not inconsistent with EIIs who are Ignoring. The Ignoring function may activate at the permission of the Leading function. Here you see Taylor Swift sharing a moment with her mother, someone who is close to her and satisfies the requirement. It is not unusual for an EII to become more expressive in this situation when enjoying themselves with such a close person. However, note that Taylor Swift does not use well for its own sake, and often makes herself look dorky or overly personal when pursuing needs, showing how is not important to her for its own sake.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going with the information you've given me about her mother. I'm not going to say with any certainty that she's a Delta ST, just that the info you've provided points to Delta ST>Beta ST. A good example of the LSE is Thomas Edison who was basically a workhorse, and worked for hours and hours to get his inventions to function.

Why does any of that suggest LSI to you? Now if she said something like her mother being a person of certainty and absolute clarity, no ambiguities, etc., who made clear rules and expected them to be followed, that would suggest LSI. Being 'practical and grounded' does nothing to suggest LSI over the Delta STs.

Sounds to me like it could easily be an EII with a Delta ST parent. You haven't provided anything that even hints at LSI or a valuing type.
    ...There's nothing that suggests that her mom was a workaholic with temper issues often described as LSEs. Although she was a successful business exec, she quit her job at 30 to raise Taylor:

In her 2010 Marie Clare interview, Taylor spoke about her mother, who was a mutual fund executive, quit her job to raise the singer and her brother, Austin. According to her Facebook page, Andrea was raised in Houston, Texas, went to Memorial High School, and later attended the University of Houston. She lists her job on the page as “Being a Mom.”

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2015/...er-mom-cancer/

She seems more like a chill person than a restless workaholic EJ type who always has to be working.

It can go either way, but perhaps this kind of scheduling and organizing is more LSI:

Like a good mother, Andrea Swift keeps her daughter on schedule during her tour, but she seems to do it without annoying Taylor too much.

Sometimes, Taylor doesn’t mind her mother’s meddling. Once, while she was visiting Los Angeles, Taylor came home to find her mother had rearranged her bathroom. Taylor used to keep all of her cosmetics and products on the bathroom counter; it was always a mess. Her mother fixed the problem. “My bathroom is now a magical, wondrous place with cabinets for storing make-up and hooks on the door for holding scarves,” she explained. “There are even drawers for my hair brushes and incredible little shelves for my towels. There are little windows in one of the dressers, and through it, I can see the candles I used to have stashed randomly on the counter. Now they have their perfect little home, all gathered together in their tiny, organized sanctuary.”

“[My mom] wanted me to be a horseback rider, and I did it competitively until I worked up the nerve at age 12 to tell her I didn’t really love it like she loved it,” Taylor reveals. “I just wanted to make music and do theater. So I’ve been a big disappointment.”

And "totally raising her to be logical" is not a Ti ego thing? Come on, typically it's the Ti egos that have problems with other people's illogicality, and hence the need to raise her as logical.

This is another video with Taylor and her mom, bad quality but it's not like there are a lot of videos of her mom:

Ok, surely a very exciting moment for Taylor... but acting THAT crazy, emotional and wild is pretty unusual for EII.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...There's nothing that suggests that her mom was a workaholic with temper issues often described as LSEs. Although she was a successful business exec, she quit her job at 30 to raise Taylor:

In her 2010 Marie Clare interview, Taylor spoke about her mother, who was a mutual fund executive, quit her job to raise the singer and her brother, Austin. According to her Facebook page, Andrea was raised in Houston, Texas, went to Memorial High School, and later attended the University of Houston. She lists her job on the page as “Being a Mom.”

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2015/...er-mom-cancer/

She seems more like a chill person than a restless workaholic EJ type who always has to be working.

It can go either way, but perhaps this kind of scheduling and organizing is more LSI:

Like a good mother, Andrea Swift keeps her daughter on schedule during her tour, but she seems to do it without annoying Taylor too much.

Sometimes, Taylor doesn’t mind her mother’s meddling. Once, while she was visiting Los Angeles, Taylor came home to find her mother had rearranged her bathroom. Taylor used to keep all of her cosmetics and products on the bathroom counter; it was always a mess. Her mother fixed the problem. “My bathroom is now a magical, wondrous place with cabinets for storing make-up and hooks on the door for holding scarves,” she explained. “There are even drawers for my hair brushes and incredible little shelves for my towels. There are little windows in one of the dressers, and through it, I can see the candles I used to have stashed randomly on the counter. Now they have their perfect little home, all gathered together in their tiny, organized sanctuary.”

“[My mom] wanted me to be a horseback rider, and I did it competitively until I worked up the nerve at age 12 to tell her I didn’t really love it like she loved it,” Taylor reveals. “I just wanted to make music and do theater. So I’ve been a big disappointment.”

And "totally raising her to be logical" is not a Ti ego thing? Come on, typically it's the Ti egos that have problems with other people's illogicality, and hence the need to raise her as logical.

This is another video with Taylor and her mom, bad quality but it's not like there are a lot of videos of her mom:

Ok, surely a very exciting moment for Taylor... but acting THAT crazy, emotional and wild is pretty unusual for EII.

Why does someone have to be a workaholic with temper issues in order to be LSE? That's a tad stereotypical. LSEs are primarily practical people and are not as intense or confrontational as LSIs.

An LSE could quit their job to be a mum, if they thought it was the best way they could help their children. It could very well be that the father was earning more and the LSE thought that raising the kids was more important than a successful career. That could be interpreted in multiple ways, but the interpretation of her needing to provide better quality care as a parent rather than making some large impact with an important career , is a valid one.

Well, making sure that a person's room is tidy is hardly a clear sign of LSI. LSIs mostly push and , they are focused on the development of absolutely clear worldviews and see their development as actually becoming more and more detached from day-to-day affairs to the more 'important' stuff. In other words, although great at stuff, they see their development as moving away from it. In contrast, Swift's mum seems to relish in exactly this sort of 'making things nice' approach. I find it difficult to see her as being anything other than an ego from just the unambiguous information given so far.

As I have said, being 'raised to be logical' can be as much in terms of as . This is where, in an interview, I would ask the interviewee to clarify what they mean by 'logical'. It could easily be the logic of making pragmatic decisions, weighing up pros and cons and acting according to facts, or it could be the logic of having a coded hierarchy of what is important and leading life consistently according to those principles.

Well, no. She just won a series of very important awards. Her delight and excitement is entirely sincere and not used to affect the mood around her. EIIs can act like this given the situation.

The arguments you're giving here are based on a questionable analysis of her mothers' type, which seems unsupported by the evidence you have shown, and even then would not be sufficient to type Taylor Swift as IEI (inter-type relations rarely are sufficient to type someone as they are indirect and affected by external factors), and you trying to find videos where she acts differently to the goody-goody, Marcus Aurelius EII stereotype due to the excitement of situation. I recommend reading Rita's article and seeing if you can poke holes in it or show how it is based off of some fundamental misinterpretation. That would be more convincing than what you're doing now.

So you know, my initial impression of Taylor Swift was also IEI. I changed my mind after being confronted with the facts by Rita, especially her approach to her relationships in real life and how she overwhelmingly focuses on these in her songs in a manner that consistently overrides requirements. Now I think that people have an overly rigid understanding of EII and use examples of them being excited or angry to say they could not be EII.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol... It's just kind of irritating, because I feel like I know more about Taylor Swift than most, while people are typing her based on seeing one or two interviews of her and I'm like, "...That's not what she's like". It's just... WRONG. Where are people seeing EII or ESE? I don't know.

I feel like I have known more about Taylor Swift through this than I should have ever known.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-16-2017 at 01:13 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol... It's just kind of irritating, because I feel like I know more about Taylor Swift than most, while people are typing her based on seeing one or two two interviews of her and I'm like, "...That's not what she's like".

I feel like I have known more about Taylor Swift through this than I should have ever known.
    Well, Rita went through the lyrics of a large number of her songs and followed her relationships with her ex boyfriends and musicians like Kanye West in order to identify themes that reoccur consistently in her life. That took a lot more than just watching one or two interviews, but seeing enough to know in depth what she has done and her reasons/motivations for doing so, as well as her interactions with the media that portray and report on her. A lot of work went into that article.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does someone have to be a workaholic with temper issues in order to be LSE? That's a tad stereotypical. LSEs are primarily practical people and are not as intense or confrontational as LSIs.
    ...that was your own argument, that a good example of an LSE was Thomas Edison, who was a workaholic.

I don't think it's true that LSEs aren't as intense or confrontational as LSIs, perhaps they are even more so. They are known to use rage to get their way.

Well, making sure that a person's room is tidy is hardly a clear sign of LSI. LSIs mostly push and , they are focused on the development of absolutely clear worldviews and see their development as actually becoming more and more detached from day-to-day affairs to the more 'important' stuff. In other words, although great at stuff, they see their development as moving away from it. In contrast, Swift's mum seems to relish in exactly this sort of 'making things nice' approach. I find it difficult to see her as being anything other than an ego from just the unambiguous information given so far.
    My point wasn't that she wants a room to be tidy, but rather she wants things to be more organized, and she has the skill to do so. It could be either way, but perhaps that's more Ti.

I don't agree that LSIs suddenly becoming more and more detached from day-to-day affairs to the more 'important' stuff. For the most part, STjs are detail-orientated and pragmatic about day-to-day affairs.

As I have said, being 'raised to be logical' can be as much in terms of as . This is where, in an interview, I would ask the interviewee to clarify what they mean by 'logical'. It could easily be the logic of making pragmatic decisions, weighing up pros and cons and acting according to facts, or it could be the logic of having a coded hierarchy of what is important and leading life consistently according to those principles.
    Of course, but perhaps we should just take things at a face value. She has been saying that her mom is "very logical" for many times at different interviews, so it probably means what we think it means in a dictionary definition of the word: that she simply is a very logical and orderly person.

Well, no. She just won a series of very important awards. Her delight and excitement is entirely sincere and not used to affect the mood around her. EIIs can act like this given the situation.
    Of course it's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely. Are EIIs completely stoic and unemotional? No, but acting THAT emotional and crazy is pretty unusual for EIIs.

"Her delight and excitement is entirely sincere and not used to affect the mood around her"

Seriously? Do every Fe types have to express everything to affect the mood around her? And they're insincere to boot? Please.

The arguments you're giving here are based on a questionable analysis of her mothers' type, which seems unsupported by the evidence you have shown, and even then would not be sufficient to type Taylor Swift as IEI (inter-type relations rarely are sufficient to type someone as they are indirect and affected by external factors), and you trying to find videos where she acts differently to the goody-goody, Marcus Aurelius EII stereotype due to the excitement of situation. I recommend reading Rita's article and seeing if you can poke holes in it or show how it is based off of some fundamental misinterpretation. That would be more convincing than what you're doing now.

So you know, my initial impression of Taylor Swift was also IEI. I changed my mind after being confronted with the facts by Rita, especially her approach to her relationships in real life and how she overwhelmingly focuses on these in her songs in a manner that consistently overrides requirements. Now I think that people have an overly rigid understanding of EII and use examples of them being excited or angry to say they could not be EII.
    Well unfortunately some people say that typing through songs is not a good idea, while some do.

If we were typing through songs, then I would say that her songs have Fe themes: anger, rage, euphoria, melancholy and so on. Fi is on average is more limiting and calming of emotions, while Fe is more dramatic and expanding, which I feel are what Taylor Swift's music is like.

But she is an EII because:

- Her songs focus on relationships
    - She makes a lot of friends (???)

Sorry, but I don't really buy that. Do IEIs also not focus on relationships when they're making songs? Sure she makes friends, except that they seem to be mostly Se valuers...

Ok, and what about her songs about her exes? They're mostly about lashing out at them and kind of trying to make the most emotional damage and impact on them as possible, whether it be good or bad. When EIIs feel wronged, what they tend to do is make the other person feel guilty and bad (while they quietly suffer perhaps), so that they would come back to them asking for forgiveness (as described by Uniden in another post). Not really related, but something that I've noticed about SEEs' Fi is that they tend to try to mend the relationship through peace and make everything all right again, when typically they themselves have screwed up the relationship somehow.

Taylor Swift lashes out at whomever she thinks deserves her ire (her exes). I'd say that's more Fe.

Well, Rita went through the lyrics of a large number of her songs and followed her relationships with her ex boyfriends and musicians like Kanye West in order to identify themes that reoccur consistently in her life. That took a lot more than just watching one or two interviews, but seeing enough to know in depth what she has done and her reasons/motivations for doing so, as well as her interactions with the media that portray and report on her. A lot of work went into that article.
    Yeah, I'm sure a lot of work went into that article, but I don't really agree with the reasoning, it seems bizarre to me. Like why would she be an EII, just because her songs focus on relationships, or the fact that she has many friends?

And she used to listen to Kanye, I'm sure that she used to be a fan. Obviously, anyone is going to be upset when somebody interrupts you when you're receiving an important award. I don't think those things are ITR related, but the fact the she creates feuds so often and frequently, perhaps is.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...that was your own argument, that a good example of an LSE was Thomas Edison, who was a workaholic.

I don't think it's true that LSEs aren't as intense or confrontational as LSIs, perhaps they are even more so. They are known to use rage to get their way.

My point wasn't that she wants a room to be tidy, but rather she wants things to be more organized, and she has the skill to do so. It could be either way, but perhaps that's more Ti.

I don't agree that LSIs suddenly becoming more and more detached from day-to-day affairs to the more 'important' stuff. For the most part, STjs are detail-orientated and pragmatic about day-to-day affairs.

Of course, but perhaps we should just take things at a face value. She has been saying that her mom is "very logical" for many times at different interviews, so it probably means what we think it means in a dictionary definition of the word: that she simply is a very logical and orderly person.

Of course it's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely. Are EIIs completely stoic and unemotional? No, but acting THAT emotional and crazy is pretty unusual for EIIs.

"Her delight and excitement is entirely sincere and not used to affect the mood around her"

Seriously? Do every Fe types have to express everything to affect the mood around her? And they're insincere to boot? Please.

Well unfortunately some people say that typing through songs is not a good idea, while some do.

If we were typing through songs, then I would say that her songs have Fe themes: anger, rage, euphoria, melancholy and so on. Fi is on average is more limiting and calming of emotions, while Fe is more dramatic and expanding, which I feel are what Taylor Swift's music is like.

But she is an EII because:

- Her songs focus on relationships
    - She makes a lot of friends (???)

Sorry, but I don't really buy that. Do IEIs also not focus on relationships when they're making songs? Sure she makes friends, except that they seem to be mostly Se valuers...

Ok, and what about her songs about her exes? They're mostly about lashing out at them and kind of trying to make the most emotional damage and impact on them as possible, whether it be good or bad. When EIIs feel wronged, what they tend to do is make the other person feel guilty and bad (while they quietly suffer perhaps), so that they would come back to them asking for forgiveness (as described by Uniden in another post). Not really related, but something that I've noticed about SEEs' Fi is that they tend to try to mend the relationship through peace and make everything all right again, when typically they themselves have screwed up the relationship somehow.

Taylor Swift lashes out at whomever she thinks deserves her ire (her exes). I'd say that's more Fe.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of work went into that article, but I don't really agree with the reasoning, it seems bizarre to me. Like why would she be an EII, just because her songs focus on relationships, or the fact that she has many friends?

And she used to listen to Kanye, I'm sure that she used to be a fan. Obviously, anyone is going to be upset when somebody interrupts you when you're receiving an important award. I don't think those things are ITR related, but the fact the she creates feuds so often and frequently, perhaps is.
    LSEs believe in working hard at whatever you do so that you do a good job and tend to believe that just working hard enough allows you to accomplish anything you set your mind to. However, that does not mean they have to be workaholics in the sense of putting aside things like family. So yes, Swift's mother can both place an emphasis on hard work and give up her job to invest in her children.

LSEs tend to be very high energy, and seem even tireless. However, they are not inclined to use their rage to get their own way. That's a very valuing thing to do. They can be quite scary if they lose their temper and can be very assertive should they do so, but they very much dislike doing this, preferring instead to direct their energies towards doing things as well as they can without using anger against people. They are not or valuing.

Organising isn't necessarily . It depends on how things are organised, whether simply neat or made to fit a consistent order. Even then, an LSE is capable of using for reasons, such as imposing an order for the sake of things working more efficiently and not getting in the way. It's not an argument that points to LSI.

Each type must be understood in terms of its main pushing functions. These are the Leading and the Mobilising. It's no use grouping the 'STj' types together as if you're from socionics.com, because that completely overlooks the nuances of Model A.

logical
    ˈlɒdʒɪk(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    of or according to the rules of logic or formal argument.
    "a logical impossibility"
    synonyms: reasoning, thinking, straight-thinking, rational, objective, analytical, cerebral, insightful; More
    characterized by or capable of clear, sound reasoning.
    "her logical mind"
    synonyms: reasoned, well reasoned, rational, sound, cogent, well thought out, valid; More
    (of an action, decision, etc.) expected or sensible under the circumstances.
    "the polar expedition is a logical extension of his Arctic travels"
    synonyms: natural, unsurprising, only to be expected, understandable, reasonable, sensible; More

^^ so the Dictionary defines 'logical' in both and terms. As I said, Swift could have been using either interpretation and it's unjustified to just assume one over the other. That's not taking the word's use at 'face value'.

It is in no way manifestly unusual for an EII to express their absolute delight in this way after winning such an important series of awards.

They do not have to, but such use would be the sticking point by which I could say a person is unlikely to be Leading and Ignoring.

Her songs do not have recurring themes, especially not +. They cover her own emotions within the framework of her relationships and do not push beyond that towards affecting the emotions or mental states of the listener. As Rita says:

"Unlike E-based artists such as David Bowie (EIE), Freddie Mercury (EIE), or Bob Dylan (IEI), there is an absence in Swift’s artistry of any sentiment-based rallying or visionary redirection of the status quo (e.g. Mercury’s “We are the Champions”, “I Want to Break Free,” “Don’t Stop Me Now”, Dylan’s “Blowin’ in the Wind”, “Times They are A-Changing”, and Bowie’s “Heroes”, “Young Americans”). "

Well, no. I wouldn't say the point of is to simply 'limit and calm emotions'. Instead, the point of it is to focus on the unchanging attitudes towards people, rather than the changing emotional states and refine their quality, rather than simply increase their quantity. This can be seen in the expanded definition of below:

"Relations (R):

Aspect: Personal attitudes and bonds of trust. People naturally possess set characteristics of their personality which make them a certain way, and result in a certain character. The quality of this character can manifest sentimentally in what someone feels is good or bad, the inner sentiment experiencing attraction and repulsion to various stimuli. Similarly, a person's character can be likewise judged to be good or bad by others. In this way, two people of mutually attracting characters can come together in a close bond, or if repulsing, move apart.

Metabolism: The individual consults their personal attitudes towards people and events they encounter, registering whether they are attracted to or repulsed. In this way, judgments are formed on people's character assessing whether they are good and trustworthy, or not. From this judgment, an appropriate psychological distance can be established and maintained, with liked people being kept close as friends, and disliked people being kept away with animosity. In doing so, the individual decides their relationships with others.

Strength: The person has a good awareness of their subjective opinions towards other people and things, knowing with confidence what feels wrong or right to them. With other people, they can confidently decide on a person's character, judging whether they are good for them or not. They will be able to integrate these judgments into their treatment of others with appropriate nuance, setting the right sort of relationship with each person they interact with, allowing stable, reliable loyalties. They can expertly tell apart their friends from their foes, as well as business relations and acquaintances. [Applies to SEI, ESE, EIE, IEI, SEE, ESI, EII & IEE.]

Value: In valuing sincere treatment of people by individual merit, the person places an emphasis on the stability and reliability of their relationships with others, trying to treat each person in line with the way the unique relationship feels to them, based on character judgment. They will prioritise their relations with the people they like, giving preferential treatment and opening up in ways they would not with acquaintances, losing their usual formality. Fidelity is seen as especially important, and the person will try to know where they stand with others, being hurt by those who violate their bond. [Applies to SEE, ILI, LIE, ESI, LSE, EII, IEE & SLI.]"

So, when it comes to Taylor Swift's songs, we see a clear, reoccurring theme of making new relationships, exploring and speculating on the characters in those relationships and reflecting back on how and why those relationships ended. This is the use of both and supporting for the purpose of , while is largely absent.

I'm afraid you've largely bought the media's portrayal of Taylor Swift over her songs about her exes. That doesn't represent Swift's intentions at all and her disagreement with that interpretation is something she has actually expressed in interviews and in later songs. The point is she absolutely doesn't see her songs about her exes as a means of getting revenge on them through emotional impact or lashing out to try and destroy their reputations. Instead, these songs are simply part of her 'diary' approach to song-writing, where she explores her relationships, both good and bad. They can be over-personal, but to Swift, how they are perceived by the audience is less important to her than setting out honestly her attitudes towards the people who used to go out with her. I recommend you watch an interview where she talks about her reasons for writing 'Blank Space', which is her attempt to satirise how the media has painted her. She has been 'Beta-ised' by their interpretation and it isn't something she relates to at all.

Yes, she used to listen to Kanye (EIE). It's interesting that even after he trash-talks her, she comes back with an attempt to harmonise the relationship between them. It's very 'good-faith' judgement.
    Last edited by World Socionics; 04-18-2017 at 12:58 AM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When will @Singularity give up

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's common for EIIs to do that. FWIW, I have an ESI friend who I get along with great, an LSI aquaintance who I havw no problem with, and an SEE dad who I get along with perfectly. I don't think the intertype relations are the "end-all be-all" of Socionics

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    When will @Singularity give up
    that feel when you want to upvote but don't want to bully

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    I think it's common for EIIs to do that. FWIW, I have an ESI friend who I get along with great, an LSI aquaintance who I havw no problem with, and an SEE dad who I get along with perfectly. I don't think the intertype relations are the "end-all be-all" of Socionics
    Well it's not so much to do with getting along or not getting along, but it has to be consistent with the relation of supervision. Looking at some other writings of Taylor Swift about her friend Kelly Pickler, it doesn't seem to be a relation of supervision. It's also definitely a little unusual for Se-PoLR to consistently seek Se-dom types. But still, I think that people should be generally typed based on their overall behavior, and not some microscopic analysis like "This person talks about relationships, therefore it must be Fi". "Model A" typings seems a bit futile sometimes, and it's much simpler to talk about their overall behaviors.

But anyway, most people tend to type people based on some initial "vibes" about them, and rarely become convinced of otherwise, because you can easily justify away anything by saying "Well maybe it's because...". Saying that "Well intertype-relations aren't everything" is just one of the many rationalizations.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's not so much to do with getting along or not getting along, but it has to be consistent with the relation of supervision. Looking at some other writings of Taylor Swift about her friend Kelly Pickler, it doesn't seem to be a relation of supervision. It's also definitely a little unusual for Se-PoLR to consistently seek Se-dom types. But still, I think that people should be generally typed based on their overall behavior, and not some microscopic analysis like "This person talks about relationships, therefore it must be Fi". "Model A" typings seems a bit futile sometimes, and it's much simpler to talk about their overall behaviors.

But anyway, most people tend to type people based on some initial "vibes" about them, and rarely become convinced of otherwise, because you can easily justify away anything by saying "Well maybe it's because...". Saying that "Well intertype-relations aren't everything" is just one of the many rationalizations.
    Well if you want to do that, you can. It just doesn't align with the functionality of Model A and any of your typings that do align with using Model A would be coincidental. Yes, Intertype Relations do take into account 'getting along'; maybe rather how they get along would be a better way of stating it. I can't imagine an EII and an SLE having particular fond views of one another, however I can see them managing in a not-so-close relationship. Do I feel 'Supervised' by SEEs? Not particularly, but that is my perception and I may just be completely oblivious to Se. The SEE might have a completely different perception of our relationship, one that takes into account my largely lacking use of his/her favored Se.

What I'm trying to say in "Taylor Terms" is that Taylor might have a lovely perception, or at least say she does to maintain the peace (Si), with the other (let's say an Se-Ego) but you don't know what's going through the other person's head until you talk or hear from them about the topic.

I'm not trying to rationalize, I'm saying that they aren't. People grow to accomodate others' needs, it's a human thing. If Model A was 100% true and the Intertype Relations were 100% true, wouldn't you think we would be living in a half-dead, robotic zombie world? As much as that seems to be the case these days, it isn't.
    Last edited by Jake; 04-19-2017 at 03:01 AM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well here's a footage of Taylor Swift and Kelly Pickler, and it doesn't seem like supervision. It seems more like a typical interaction between Se-dom and Ni, where @2:00 Kelly Pickler does some crazy stunt on the boat, and Taylor is like "Kelly! Get back in the boat! You guys, I'm trying to keep you guys alive":

Taylor is obviously very confident with Kelly Pickler.

Another video with Taylor and Kelly Pickler, where they're acting more naturally but they both seem fine (@2:30, there's also a bit of footage with Taylor and Miley Cyrus (SEE)):

This is more like supervision, where Taylor seems unusually passive, nervous and inconfident, while the interviewer seems fine (@2:00). This is the kind of asymmetry that you see in relation of supervision:

I think this is a fairly Fe reaction to Te, to his manager Rick Barker, who I think is EXTj:

"He just calls me the T Swift , and I don't know why. I don't even have like a name, it's like "the T Swift", it's like an object... it really hurts my feelings. Cause it makes me feel like I'm not a person. It hurts my feelings, I cry at night... My mom named me Taylor, people call me Taylor, he refers to me as the T Swift" (@1:15)

This is Rick Barker, where he talks a lot about Te stuff:

How To Get A Songwriting Publishing Deal? [Rick Barker] New Artist Blueprint

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see IEI anywhere in those videos, in fact that just made me more sure she's not a Ni/Se user whatsoever.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I think typing people based on their inter-type relations is putting the cart before the horse. The specifics of inter-type relations are theoretical and can only be put together from observing people we've already typed. We cannot know what the relationship of Supervision is like without watching people we've typed SEE and EII interact.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Singularity - If you don't stop commenting on this thread I'll call Taylor myself and tell her you're stalking her

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Personally, I think typing people based on their inter-type relations is putting the cart before the horse. The specifics of inter-type relations are theoretical and can only be put together from observing people we've already typed. We cannot know what the relationship of Supervision is like without watching people we've typed SEE and EII interact.
    its very Ni, which I've said in the past is like "look guys the facts could hang together this way therefore they must hang together this way!" (when its only one of many competing pictures of the situation)--needs a more rigorous grounding, like you've pointed out here... rigor could even constitute mass "delusion" (or, less pejoratively, consensus), which is when Ni visions "catch on" (I say delusion because it could be "objective" in spite of the facts via Fe, as so often many ideas have been shown to be)... singularity is probably still holding out for it to catch on, however the prospects are looking grim at this point; but, for the sake of argument, were that to happen, it would retroactively validate his approach which is an interesting phenomenon if you think about it

otherwise its just sort of hanging out there, alone. very voice in the wilderness

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that would be cool if WSS could set up some kind of lab experiment like that

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay... then how about Andy Biersack (EII) and Juliet Simms (SEE)? I think they're SEE-EII:

Are you be willing to type them? Are you going to put an effort into that? Btw there's more information on his thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Andy-Biersack

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    @Singularity - If you don't stop commenting on this thread I'll call Taylor myself and tell her you're stalking her
    She will love it. And anyway, are you an EII or IEI? You're changing your type every 2 seconds.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-20-2017 at 01:16 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay... then how about Andy Biersack (EII) and Juliet Simms (SEE)? I think they're SEE-EII:

Are you be willing to type them? Are you going to put an effort into that?

She will love it. And anyway, are you an EII or IEI? You're changing your type every 2 seconds.
    Lmao she will. I'm EII

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Oh, look at those pictures! She is actually evil on the inside. Good for her! Someone should tell her to stop acting like a four year old, learn how to sing, and maybe actually become an artist (although at this point I feel like that would take a miracle). She is actually SLE too. I have to admit, there really is a girl that looks just like her who went to my high school, and that girl is SLE too, so yeah.

Also, I don't just hate her because she's a beta hiding her inner beta ST maneating bitch of Megan Fox awesomeness (not that anyone's as awesome as Megan Fox) under a veneer of idiot (but thank god there's not actually someone that vapid on the earth, because I swear, she'd be a black hole and the entire world would disappear into the sheer emptiness of her head), I genuinely hate the dreadfulness of her music and the fact that the public eats it up. But hopefully soon she'll turn, before it's too late and she's trapped forever in the pop princess world she's made. She only needs to put out one or two more albums as cutesy Taylor Swift, and then she can pull a Rihanna and "go bad," which will hopefully make her more likeable. Also, if Beyonce can learn to sing, maybe this girl can too (although even Beyonce always had more voice than Taylor Swift-who-is-an-epic-fail).

Also also, if she were a real beta, she would have snatched that mic out of Kanye's head and beat him over the head with it, which is the only proper response in a situation like that.
    Haha, this was me for years, glad she has been exposed for the snake she really is. It's not a bad thing to be a Slytherin, she should be proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Yeah, I think SLE, a really fake one though, never met one that acted like her.
    Uh-huh, she's clearly not ok psychologically speaking, but it makes for fun entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Ti-SLE 3w2 So/Sp.
    Yep, I mean look at her:

If that ain't SLE I don't know what is. I'm only half joking.

Madonna (SLE) and Swift performing together with that much chemistry or without any awkwardness, and they're conflictors? Sure...

Selena Gomez (IEI) and Taylor Swift famously gets along well:

Her mom seems to be an ISTj, who is "really really logical". I think we can cross out Ti-PoLRs for her type. Also Se-PoLR wouldn't make sense, and super-ego relations won't be that close or warm as she describes.

I MEAN COME ON, she is getting along well with many Beta types. She is very very likely a Beta type.

As for her house, it just looks like her parents' house (ISTj mom), and that might have influenced her:

Just looking at this pics, if you can't at least see she's a Beta Extrotim I question your and .

People who hate her will want to have nothing to do with her, therefore typing her as ESE fits because besides her fitting all the negative stereotypes them all quadras represented here have their hands clean. Interestingly enough, I see Deltas wanting to claim her sometimes on other typing threads and I have to laugh, their motives are so transparent

Actually I noticed this trend of typing celebrities you can't stand as ESE, I wonder why that is... But then again Maritsa says she's ESE, so that must be true!!!

But really, starting posts by saying "I don't like her" or "I've never liked her" doesn't make your opinion more credible, quite the opposite. It just makes the bias more evident.

lol... It's just kind of irritating, because I feel like I know more about Taylor Swift than most, while people are typing her based on seeing one or two interviews of her and I'm like, "...That's not what she's like". It's just... WRONG. Where are people seeing EII or ESE? I don't know.

Geez, I actually feel for you, you're so invested. Stay strong

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's EII

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    She's EII

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Could you type her without stereotypes? Saying she looks a certain type in pictures or using some sort of false nomenclature to prove your point says a lot about your understanding of Socionics. You could try starting off with Model A & IMEs instead of your false presumptions.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Could you type her without stereotypes? Saying she looks a certain type in pictures or using some sort of false nomenclature to prove your point says a lot about your understanding of Socionics. You could try starting off with Model A & IMEs instead of your false presumptions.
    You'd do good doing the same before pointing fingers sweetheart Typing her EII due to her lyrics and blatantly fake persona built on sentimentalism says a lot about your understanding of Socionics but most importantly, people. Others did a good job of debunking your typing before me, so I thought why bother beating a dead horse, when everything that had to be said had already made the rounds? But judging by the fact you took my words so seriously, I guess I do have to lay it down literally for you.

But if you want to continue this debate that is clearly very serious and significant to you (God knows why), then sure, I'll make the effort and point out everything that was wrong in your own "assumptions" (do you realize how prissy you sound? I bet not but it's so funny).

And by the way your response to my teasing was precisely how I expect it to be: lacked any wit or bite. I do wonder, does it hurt when you sit down? It must not be fun, so I'll try and be understanding of where you're coming from.

In fact I might reconsider my typing of Swift based on just that: her response to Tina Fey's joke about her dating life? Matches your response to my joke to a T. Perhaps you too are, indeed, identical types.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    You'd do good doing the same before pointing fingers sweetheart Typing her EII due to her lyrics and blatantly fake persona built on sentimentalism says a lot about your understanding of Socionics but most importantly, people. Others did a good job of debunking your typing before me, so I thought why bother beating a dead horse, when everything that had to be said had already made the rounds? But judging by the fact you took my words so seriously, I guess I do have to lay it down literally for you.

But if you want to continue this debate that is clearly very serious and significant to you (God knows why), then sure, I'll make the effort and point out everything that was wrong in your own "assumptions" (do you realize how prissy you sound? I bet not but it's so funny).

And by the way your response to my teasing was precisely how I expect it to be: lacked any wit or bite. I do wonder, does it hurt when you sit down? It must not be fun, so I'll try and be understanding of where you're coming from.

In fact I might reconsider my typing of Swift based on just that: her response to Tina Fey's joke about her dating life? Matches your response to my joke to a T. Perhaps you too are, indeed, identical types.
    In fact, it's not MY typing. It's a typing of quite a few Socionists who have more skill and experience than anyone on this forum. I would ask them instead of pointing your finger at me. But if you haven't read it already, one of them already laid Singularity to waste about it.

I'll reiterate, persona = personality. NOBODY can fake their personality that well to the point of coming off like another type, especially when we don't even type people by what they appear like on the outside; rather, we type their motivations. Therefore, you have no argument and should, again, rethink your understanding of Socionics if you're going to come in guns blazing on a forum about the subject.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast