Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Swift moved to Nashville, Tennessee at age 14 to pursue a career in country music."

"At the age of nine, Swift became interested in musical theater and performed in four Berks Youth Theatre Academy productions.[9] She also traveled regularly to New York City for vocal and acting lessons.[10] Swift later shifted her focus toward country music inspired by Shania Twain's songs, which made her "want to just run around the block four times and daydream about everything""

・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    ESE's 3's (and 2w3's) are often slutty drama queens who party hard. Don't know since when these things are limited to Se valuers. Things one reads on this forum...
    I've never come across this version of ESE's, but I'm totally curious now.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, there are very passive looking ESEs out there who looks like Taylor. You'll never think of it until they demonstrate their body control and some other paranormal stuff.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    I've never come across this version of ESE's, but I'm totally curious now.
    Mmmm...have you watched Big Little Lies (if you haven't, do, cause it's really good)? The girl Reese Witherspoon plays is the grown version (likes to drink wine too much, cheats on her husband, people even say she was slutty in her younger years - but is also very put together, color coordinated clothes, control freak, perfect mommy - her daugter even calls her out on being annoyingly perfect etc.)
    Kris Jenner - loves to get drunk and party, acts inapropriate for her age, drama queen, cries all the time, acts like she's in a soap opera, but also very smart momager and control freak.
    Mariah Carey - alchoholic, younger guys, always some crazy guy drama
    Many TV hosts who deal with celebrities and popular culture (Kelly Ripa, Giuliana Rancic etc) - very gushy, american, love joking about hot guys, gossiping, can be quite sarcastic, and also like unwanding with a glass of wine after work and taking girl trips/going to clubs. They were also often cheerleaders and prom queens in school.

There are variations though - more/less slutty, some don't drink etc. You also have an annoying uncool village variety, who only wants to be a mother/wife, bake cookies and gossips about what the neighbours are doing. They are often religious and no fun.

Sorry, don't know how else to describe them but by giving examples. Hope you know at least some of them : )

Edit: what I've also noticed with ESE women, is that they are very romantic and like traditional symbols of commitment and love - diamond rings, love to plan weddings, almost always maternal. They also fall hard for guys and move too quickly - they're suggestible and diva like. Perfect people for watching soap operas and reading shitty romantic books (the ones that aren't that educated).

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is interesting, her old comments on MySpace back in the days:

She writes EXACTLY like a certain IEI:

She has a random, off-the-wall sense of humor like "fuck sewing machines":

She does swear, or used to:

“Everybody watch Kelsey’s scrolling pictures of her friends until you get to the one of shelby.

Her boobs look AMAZING.

hahahahahahaha”

--

“I’m Grant Motherfucking Wood.

I do what I want

and say the word “durr”."

"Whats the mixture of a tiger and a lion?

A WHORE.

think about it.”

--

“”I definitely just deep-throated the lollipop.”

Heyy little girl.. do you want to know a see-ker-ett?

hahaha
    thanks for helping me with my computer troubles.
    I know you bend many way for me.
    i like dat.”

Holy shit, it's niffer...: "bend many way for me"

“I read your complaining comment about how your not on abilgails top 8. well, how could you be? I’M THERE. TAKING YOUR SPOT HAHAHAHA (evil laugh, you know the drill). Well, anyway, listen my queer fellow, I thinketh we shall hangeth out sometime soon, eh? yes yes, i do believe i am growing fond of this idea. drive over in your sex van and come pick me up. farewell knave.”

When she looked like an emo:

Source/more: https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/haha...yy5#.gq5m9gVVx
    Last edited by Singu; 04-11-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her 2009 MySpace bio:

"Hi :-) I’m 19. I’m the girl who is best friends with a guitar and writes songs about everything and everyone that happens to me. Names included. ;-) Class of 2008. My Twitter is Taylorswift13. In my spare time, I like to conduct random baking experiments in my kitchen and write letters to people. I really love people who like my music. They’re number 1 on my favorite things list. I’m not a big deal. At all. I love people who are nice to me, I’ve never been one to say things like “All you people think you know me, well you don’t”. Because I’m not that complicated. My complications come out in my songs. All you need to do to be my friend is like me. My middle name is Alison. And I’m extremely tall. Like, I’m that really tall person that is blocking your view at a concert. On behalf of all of us, we’re sorry. My ideal outfit is a sun dress and cowboy boots. I love surprises and hardwood floors. I like people who are excitable. I think it’s endearing when people cry when they’re happy. I’m pretty excitable too. I’ve never been the kind of girl who needs a boyfriend. Plus, guys don’t ask me out because they know I’ll write songs about them. In life and love, you learn that there comes a time to let go and move on. It’s a lesson I learned recently. I wear too many bracelets and I can’t concentrate on the conversation if the TV’s on. I grew up on a Christmas tree farm. Seriously. I’m fascinated by black and white pictures, I have them hung up everywhere. I like people who can be sarcastic and laugh about tense situations. I never assume someone’s not being honest with me. I like to read up on weird medical problems, so if one of my friends ever complains of a headache or stomach ache, I’m probably going to spout off 12 different things that could be wrong with them. Because I’m way paranoid. I think Keri Russell and Ellen DeGeneres are the coolest celebrities ever. I don’t like making decisions when I don’t have to. So right now my toenails are painted 5 different colors. I will never straighten my hair to impress a guy ever again. There’s never going to be a time when I’m annoyed by compliments about my music. I need everything to be organized. All the time. I think little kids are awesome. I’m a thinker and an over-analyzer. I’m not jaded. I’m a fan of fans. You are absolutely wonderful to me. I’ve got your back, just like you’ve had mine. To anyone who has gone out and bought my CD, or come to a show, or even turned my song up when it came on the radio, all I can say is thank you. Oh yeah.. My name’s Taylor."

http://tswiftmyspace.tumblr.com/post...09-myspace-bio

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...That comes off like ESE writing to me. IEIs tend to focus more on grammar and use less smileys.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    ...That comes off like ESE writing to me. IEIs tend to focus more on grammar and use less smileys.
    She very rarely use smileys in her texts.

You can read some of her older blog posts here:

http://tswiftmyspace.tumblr.com/

I think we can at least say that the Fe in her writing is pretty obvious.

But then I turned around and was startled by something… Where was my Britney Spears poster…. No, this can’t be right… WHERE is it?!? I searched the room frantically for a few seconds before finding it’s new spot. My Britney Spears poster (from 6th grade) had been relocated to my bedroom, which is another AMAZING upgrade. This way, I see it more often and it more proudly displays my unwavering devotion to Britney Spears.
    lol... Beta NFs are usually obsessed with Britney Spears...

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like Britney Spears

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post

lol... Beta NFs are usually obsessed with Britney Spears...
    Well, Britney Spears is good So-first strong type music, so I'm sure most of the Betas you know are into that, but Taylor Swift also comes off at being very good at herself, so unless you're making her Beta ST, I think that actually hints at Taylor not being a Beta. I mean Taylor Swift comes off very 4D to me, since what people always say about her is that she's strong and stands her own in the music industry, likes to be her own boss, etc. IEIs tend to be the opposite of this and EIEs people don't tend to comment either way on their strength or weakness.

Behold, Taylor Swift's 1D :

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

https://i.giphy.com/rfskmSvktqSoo.gif

this right here is like the most SEE thing ever

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Britney Spears is good So-first strong type music, so I'm sure most of the Betas you know are into that, but Taylor Swift also comes off at being very good at herself, so unless you're making her Beta ST, I think that actually hints at Taylor not being a Beta. I mean Taylor Swift comes off very 4D to me, since what people always say about her is that she's strong and stands her own in the music industry, likes to be her own boss, etc. IEIs tend to be the opposite of this and EIEs people don't tend to comment either way on their strength or weakness.
    Um... it depends on what you mean by "strong". Physically, she appears to be very awkward and gangly. To me, that shows low Se. The only "strength" that people might see in her is that she's very tall.

High Se, especially being a Se ego means that you can "protect your own interests". For example, especially for females this means that you can quickly come back with a snappy insult when you're insulted, or you can use threats, you can yell at them, etc. But this is what she says:

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    I don't think I've ever yelled at an ex-boyfriend. Ever. I'm not a yeller. I'm not a fit thrower. If something is done, it's done.
    I'm sure this has more to do with gender-roles, but stereotypically this is more victim than aggressor:

Quote Originally Posted by Tay Tay
    I'm sure if I looked up the latest Google Alerts rumor it would say I'm chasing somebody who doesn't like me as much as I like him -- people love that angle on me. They're like 'Oh Taylor, coming on too strong again, chasing boys. I never chase boys. They don't like it!'
    Also this doesn't really sound any sort of EXFx:

Quote Originally Posted by Tay Tay
    Middle school was what programmed me be to be semi-insecure, like, all of the time. I didn't fit in....I'd stand on the outside of the circle but I was never really in. That's when I started to realize there's this thing called rejection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayy
    I am alone a lot, which is good. I need that time to just be alone after a long day, just decompress. So, I go to either my house or the hotel, or my apartment, or whatever - wherever I am, I go home and I watch TV and I sit there, with my cat, and I just watch TV or go online, check my emails.
    As for defending her financial interests, well you can do that if you're not a complete idiot, but it seems like she also learned that from her father:

Despite his silly personality, Scott Swift is a wizard at money. As a financial advisor for Merrill Lynch, he has taught Taylor about the value of money since she was a kid. “My dad has been telling me all about my accounts and my finances since I was like two,” she explained. “Before I could talk, he was talking to me about where my money was invested.”

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're going to need 5,000 words to even get close to coming back at my pictures of her horrible, weak .

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Her 2009 MySpace bio:

"Hi :-) I’m 19. I’m the girl who is best friends with a guitar and writes songs about everything and everyone that happens to me. Names included. ;-) Class of 2008. My Twitter is Taylorswift13. In my spare time, I like to conduct random baking experiments in my kitchen and write letters to people. I really love people who like my music. They’re number 1 on my favorite things list. I’m not a big deal. At all. I love people who are nice to me, I’ve never been one to say things like “All you people think you know me, well you don’t”. Because I’m not that complicated. My complications come out in my songs. All you need to do to be my friend is like me. My middle name is Alison. And I’m extremely tall. Like, I’m that really tall person that is blocking your view at a concert. On behalf of all of us, we’re sorry. My ideal outfit is a sun dress and cowboy boots. I love surprises and hardwood floors. I like people who are excitable. I think it’s endearing when people cry when they’re happy. I’m pretty excitable too. I’ve never been the kind of girl who needs a boyfriend. Plus, guys don’t ask me out because they know I’ll write songs about them. In life and love, you learn that there comes a time to let go and move on. It’s a lesson I learned recently. I wear too many bracelets and I can’t concentrate on the conversation if the TV’s on. I grew up on a Christmas tree farm. Seriously. I’m fascinated by black and white pictures, I have them hung up everywhere. I like people who can be sarcastic and laugh about tense situations. I never assume someone’s not being honest with me. I like to read up on weird medical problems, so if one of my friends ever complains of a headache or stomach ache, I’m probably going to spout off 12 different things that could be wrong with them. Because I’m way paranoid. I think Keri Russell and Ellen DeGeneres are the coolest celebrities ever. I don’t like making decisions when I don’t have to. So right now my toenails are painted 5 different colors. I will never straighten my hair to impress a guy ever again. There’s never going to be a time when I’m annoyed by compliments about my music. I need everything to be organized. All the time. I think little kids are awesome. I’m a thinker and an over-analyzer. I’m not jaded. I’m a fan of fans. You are absolutely wonderful to me. I’ve got your back, just like you’ve had mine. To anyone who has gone out and bought my CD, or come to a show, or even turned my song up when it came on the radio, all I can say is thank you. Oh yeah.. My name’s Taylor."

http://tswiftmyspace.tumblr.com/post...09-myspace-bio
    this is more like a cluster of nonsense than a personality
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    this is more like a cluster of nonsense than a personality
    It comes off very ESE to me lmao

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi darya,

Mmmm...have you watched Big Little Lies (if you haven't, do, cause it's really good)? The girl Reese Witherspoon plays is the grown version (likes to drink wine too much, cheats on her husband, people even say she was slutty in her younger years - but is also very put together, color coordinated clothes, control freak, perfect mommy - her daugter even calls her out on being annoyingly perfect etc.)
    I have not but I will keep the show title on my radar. With the word "slutty" always kinda sounds like "wanton" and from the ESEs I know including my roomate, as well as an ex, there isn't really anything "messy" and "loose" about them, which is what I personally think of when I think of slutty. They are very put together as you say.
    Kris Jenner - loves to get drunk and party, acts inapropriate for her age, drama queen, cries all the time, acts like she's in a soap opera, but also very smart momager and control freak.
    I'm not familiar with her, this sounds immature though with Fe elements.

Mariah Carey - alchoholic, younger guys, always some crazy guy drama
    I recall a story I read where she refused a green room or something because there was no Perrier water. Example of ESxj Si snobbery. If you know what I am talking about then great!

Many TV hosts who deal with celebrities and popular culture (Kelly Ripa, Giuliana Rancic etc) - very gushy, american, love joking about hot guys, gossiping, can be quite sarcastic, and also like unwanding with a glass of wine after work and taking girl trips/going to clubs. They were also often cheerleaders and prom queens in school.

There are variations though - more/less slutty, some don't drink etc. You also have an annoying uncool village variety, who only wants to be a mother/wife, bake cookies and gossips about what the neighbours are doing. They are often religious and no fun.

Sorry, don't know how else to describe them but by giving examples. Hope you know at least some of them : )

Edit: what I've also noticed with ESE women, is that they are very romantic and like traditional symbols of commitment and love - diamond rings, love to plan weddings, almost always maternal. They also fall hard for guys and move too quickly - they're suggestible and diva like. Perfect people for watching soap operas and reading shitty romantic books (the ones that aren't that educated).
    Not all are so vapid but yeah some appear superficial in this way. I describe this aspect of them as being very "basic". One ESE I am close with is highly educated and that Ne novelty seeps into just about everything he says and does.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I like to read up on weird medical problems, so if one of my friends ever complains of a headache or stomach ache, I’m probably going to spout off 12 different things that could be wrong with them. Because I’m way paranoid"

Low intuition

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're going to need 5,000 words to even get close to coming back at my pictures of her horrible, weak .
    Wait, are you saying that her Se is weak or strong? I've been saying that her Se is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    "I like to read up on weird medical problems, so if one of my friends ever complains of a headache or stomach ache, I’m probably going to spout off 12 different things that could be wrong with them. Because I’m way paranoid"

Low intuition
    No, not really related but it's more low Si, either Si role or Si HA. Si role and Si HA tend to be the most neurotic about health problems. Si egos are confident about how they feel about their own bodies.

And how is "spout off 12 different things that could be wrong" low intuition?

"I love surprises"

Liking surprises is not correlated with low N, especially N-PoLR.

It comes off very ESE to me lmao
    She's just trying to be funny and irreverent most of the time, which isn't really EJ who are somewhat business like and practical. Irrational types typically come off as being less serious than rational types. You can see that Taylor Swift isn't really someone who takes things very seriously.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-13-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen and anyone who cares, these are the songs by Taylor Swift that I think are pretty good, and they're not singles that are playing on the radio:

All Too Well - Taylor Swift Full Audio with lyrics

Dear John - Taylor Swift Lyrics
    Taylor Swift - Fearless
    Taylor Swift - State Of Grace(Lyrics)

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not really related but it's more low Si, either Si role or Si HA. Si role and Si HA tend to be the most neurotic about health problems. Si egos are confident about how they feel about their own bodies.

And how is "spout off 12 different things that could be wrong" low intuition?
    Not really. The Si roles and Si HAs I know don't pay this much attention to it. And it's low because it's purely a negative form of possibilities intuition.

She's just trying to be funny and irreverent most of the time, which isn't really EJ who are somewhat business like and practical. Irrational types typically come off as being less serious than rational types. You can see that Taylor Swift isn't really someone who takes things very seriously.
    ESEs are masters at being silly or lighthearted while still juggling all their practical stuff.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really. The Si roles and Si HAs I know don't pay this much attention to it. And it's low because it's purely a negative form of possibilities intuition.
    Yes it is, Si HA types are usually hypochondriac and are often complaining about some health problems, while Si role types get neurotic and go off on a health scare once in a while and do a ton of research on it. Ask any IEI, I'm sure they have gone through a health scare just like Taylor Swift has.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is, Si HA types are usually hypochondriac and are always complaining about some health problems, while Si role types get neurotic and go off on a health scare once in a while and do a ton of research on it. Ask any IEI, I'm sure they have gone through a health scare just like Taylor Swift has.
    I haven't encountered this talking to any. If they do talk about health it's just to talk about it as a casual convo. The worst I've heard was a Si HA talk about their past addiction to nicotine.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe her biography helps.

Could be quick to judge, the talk about her being successful and involved with poetry from a very young age including Seuss & Silverstein readings - "Esenin"-ness?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Maybe her biography helps.

Could be quick to judge, the talk about her being successful and involved with poetry from a very young age including Seuss & Silverstein readings - "Esenin"-ness?
    Aligns well with ESE so far. I also wrote poetry and had an awkward phase going through middle school and early high school. Doesn't mean shit as far as type goes.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aligns well with ESE so far. I also wrote poetry and had an awkward phase going through middle school and early high school. Doesn't mean shit as far as type goes.
    Ok! Hm as I said, quick judgement What type of quadric expression is country music?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Ok! Hm as I said, quick judgement What type of quadric expression is country music?
    Umm, Delta I guess? But rap is steoreotypically beta and people of all types do it.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Umm, Delta I guess? But rap is steoreotypically beta and people of all types do it.
    Yes sure; the point is to find out what made her attracted to it + why it ostracized her. Yeah it's probably Delta

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main difference is that poetry was her favorite subject, and she wrote non-stop:

In English, the only thing I wanted to do was poetry and all the other kids were like, ‘Oh, man. We have to write poems again?’ and I would have a three-page long poem.”

In the fourth grade she won a national poetry contest for her composition “Monster in My Closet.” She even wrote a 350-page novel during a summer vacation. Andrea remembers, “She wrote all the time. If music hadn’t worked out, I think she’d be going off to college to take journalism classes or trying to become a novelist.”

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I don't think Taylor Swift and Tori Amos look that much different. The same detached eyes and a slight smirk:

They both sing about similar things, usually about love and some other fluffy things.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel like those pics perfectly represent the subtle aesthetic difference between Se + Fi (Taylor) V Fi + Ne (Tori) valuing

its very aggressor v childlike, although in the first pic they both look slightly ESE, but I feel a lot of that is the style with the bangs shrinking their face/creating a narrowed chin look etc

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main difference is that poetry was her favorite subject, and she wrote non-stop:
    I've known many ESE English majors and writers, including poets. All you do is try to put in Taylor in IEI as hard as you can but it just doesn't work and everyone else agrees with that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I feel like those pics perfectly represent the subtle aesthetic difference between Se + Fi (Taylor) V Fi + Ne (Tori) valuing

its very aggressor v childlike, although in the first pic they both look slightly ESE, but I feel a lot of that is the style with the bangs shrinking their face/creating a narrowed chin look etc
    I agree. Except I think Tori is IEI and Taylor ESE and Taylor's wannabe Ni can't touch the immense Ni in Tori's lyrics with a pole - listen to Little Earthquakes it's way more authentic and emotional NF than Taylor could ever dream of making. But Taylor actually looks sharply present to me in every pic lmao. Tori looks way more distant except in the first pic.

Especially take note of how warm and distant Tori looks in the last pic. This was before her surgeries.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've known many ESE English majors and writers, including poets. All you do is try to put in Taylor in IEI as hard as you can but it just doesn't work and everyone else agrees with that lol.

I agree. Except I think Tori is IEI and Taylor ESE and Taylor's wannabe Ni can't touch the immense Ni in Tori's lyrics with a pole - listen to Little Earthquakes it's way more authentic and emotional NF than Taylor could ever dream of making. But Taylor actually looks sharply present to me in every pic lmao. Tori looks way more distant except in the first pic.

Especially take note of how warm and distant Tori looks in the last pic. This was before her surgeries.
    I've always been a huge Tori fan so I know her well... but I think they're deep in different ways. I think there's a depth to Taylor a lot of people miss and which she herself doesn't really try to promote the image of (because it really doesn't benefit her to do so). But I feel like shes got a deep current that expresses itself in the sonic landscapes she puts together that resonate just as deep as Tori's explicit themes. I mean, on the whole, almost no pop artist is as deep as Tori, but I think, in my mind, Taylor and Tori are not far off at all. I certainly don't think of Taylor as vapid at all. If anything I feel like its basically a smart person imitating an vapid one for sales, but doing it in a highly sophisticated way. Its also why I think her myspace entries even betray a bit of that. I feel like she's creating herself in that image she wants to convey but its all layered over a person with the pathos and intelligence to do so... further its not reflexive Fe engagement, it feels like premeditated creative Fi. Not like she spent days thinking up that stuff but more like, she wasn't just going along with someone but rather operating on an instinctual creative Fi layer to project this image via Se that shes aiming for in her head as a matter of social and commercial acceptance and influence

In short I feel like she's the world's best ESE imitator, because that's the image shes chosen to sell.. but I feel like we need to separate product from person

in the same way philosophies have come to be associated with certain types, but which originated in philosophers of different types. like heidegger giving a Ti rendering to Fi (his philosophy is "existentialist" [which i associate with Fi] but he himself is LII or something like that)

I guess what it really comes down to is: is Taylor really like the way she presents herself to the public eye? If so, ESE. If not, then I think SEE... Obviously there's difficulty in typing a public figure off their unseen private life so I can see how my assumptions are sketchy, but its still what I think about her...

I feel like SEEs in general play ESE a lot and it bugs me

ironically I see ESEs imitate SEEs a lot too, and its just kind of pathetic, whereas with SEEs imitating ESE I'm just like whhhyyy- you're already better than that. I fee like SEEs imitate ESEs more successfully than ESEs imitate SEEs though. I feel like SEEs can actually do it convincingly, whereas with ESEs its like a kid in their parents clothing
    Last edited by Bertrand; 04-13-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rofl no, many people actually type her as IEI.

Which types are known for writing poetry and writing for non-stop when they were young?

Which types are known for not fitting in when they were in school and being alone a lot, and still says that they're alone a lot?

Look who's trying to fit her into a type...

Except I think Tori is IEI and Taylor ESE and Taylor's wannabe Ni can't touch the immense Ni in Tori's lyrics with a pole - listen to Little Earthquakes it's way more authentic and emotional NF than Taylor could ever dream of making. But Taylor actually looks sharply present to me in every pic lmao. Tori looks way more distant except in the first pic.
    Well, it looks like Taylor Swift has covered Tori Amos once. They both have covered artists like Eminem.

This article says Taylor imitated Tori Amos, but maybe they're just the same type and tend to do similar things:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sadydoyle/w...XXL#.pdj9OQmmz

Maybe it's not related, but the shape of their lips in the last pic is so much alike that it's freaky. There must be about at least 85% similarity. The hairstyle in the first pic is also freakishly alike.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-14-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Swift's favorite artists:

Alessia Cara

(Looks IEI)

Troye Sivan

(Looks IEI)

Kelsea Ballerini

(Looks SEE)

Echosmith

(Uh... perhaps SEE)

Rachel Platten

(Uh... perhaps IEE)

https://www.sweetyhigh.com/read/tayl...vorite-artists

--

Ok, so most of her favorite artists seem to be either IEIs or SEEs. This seems to be consistent with her IEI typing. Oh, and I think her most favorite band is Kings of Leon...

"My 18-year-old brother turned me on to the Icelandic band Sigur Rós—they make me happy and take me away to dreamland. I love trying to memorize the words, even though they're singing in their own language. Sometimes I'll make up some lyrics. It gets pretty interesting."

Come on, Sigur Ros? That's Ni music.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-14-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ohmygod! my most favorite band is kings of leon!!

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rofl no, many people actually type her as IEI.

Which types are known for writing poetry and writing for non-stop when they were young?

Which types are known for not fitting in when they were in school and being alone a lot, and still says that they're alone a lot?

Look who's trying to fit her into a type...
    Always with the poor stereotypes.

Some people in the past here did. NO ONE types her that now, probably now that we've seen more of her over the years.

And I don't think I have to try to since I've effortlessly debunked every single point you've made. Whereas you clearly have to go out on a limb.

This article says Taylor imitated Tori Amos, but maybe they're just the same type and tend to do similar things:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sadydoyle/w...XXL#.pdj9OQmmz
    They're actually nothing alike whatsoever. They're also obviously not the same type in any world.

Maybe it's not related, but the shape of their lips in the last pic is so much alike that it's freaky. There must be about at least 85% similarity. The hairstyle in the first pic is also freakishly alike.
    NTR

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They're actually nothing alike whatsoever. They're also obviously not the same type in any world. NTR

Bwahaha why are Taylor and Tori even in the same sentence?!

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bwahaha why are Taylor and Tori even in the same sentence?!
    Exactly what I thought. Crazy.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always with the poor stereotypes.

Some people in the past here did. NO ONE types her that now, probably now that we've seen more of her over the years.

And I don't think I have to try to since I've effortlessly debunked every single point you've made. Whereas you clearly have to go out on a limb.
    Yeah, because ESEs are totally known for being alone for a lengthy period of time. At the peak of their careers, when they could be talking to anyone in the world. Not. They're not stereotypes, they're actually useful information for typing someone.

Only about 3 people in this thread type her as ESE, and I think that's one of the most ridiculous typings actually. I could think of better types than that.

When did you debunk how Taylor Swift seems to be gravitated towards mostly IEIs and SEEs? You didn't. ESEs aren't mainly attracted to those types.

You have ignored how she likes bands like Sigur Ros, which is a clear Ni band.

They're actually nothing alike whatsoever. They're also obviously not the same type in any world.
    How do you know? You obviously never bothered to look that much into Taylor Swift.

I only said that they VI'd similar, but there are some similarities actually...

- They both write "confessional" songs, which are sometimes overly intimate and personal... check
    - They have both written about some mistakes that they've made in high school or some embarrassing things from high school... check
    - Taylor Swift has covered Tori Amos once... so probably a fan.
    - They both have covered Eminem... which are very different from either, and someone who you wouldn't expect to cover from them.
    - They both seem to be preoccupied with their own private emotional worlds, and nothing else, and they sing about their own emotional worlds. Very little of "reality" outside of themselves.

Fe-doms don't tend take to sing or talk things about themselves, either good or bad. Marilyn Manson is an e4 EIE, yet he sings mostly FOR others. Bono is an EIE, he sings FOR others, about someone or people other than himself. That's what Fe-dom is about. Taylor and Tori are all about singing about themselves, about their own emotional worlds and from their own PoV.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-14-2017 at 09:53 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the argument for Taylor Swift as EII. I find it pretty convincing: http://worldsocionics.blogspot.co.uk...lity-type.html

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast