Thread: The people you hate the most are in your quadra

Hybrid View

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds true of beta, however I presume you don't really need a thread about it. It is relentless.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate myself the most. I am in my quadra. How about you folks?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I undermine this thread. Quadra relations are already used as a typing system all on their own, however we'd be worse off if it gets flipped on its head. There would still be a continuous shift of interpretation, but this idea would be to misinterpret theory from the start.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually have the most problems with Betas, despite the fact that I can clearly see how amazingly charming Betas can be.

With other quadras I don't take this as personally -- so I may dislike someone from any other quadra (and they may be very annoying). With Betas, I dislike them AND I feel personally offended. That's probably just the conflicting quadra/functions at work.

(For example -- at a coffee shop everyone brings laptops and sits at the "bar." It's usually pretty quiet as everyone is working. Two ENFjs next to me are talking reallllly loudly, especially the girl who is getting louder and louder and starts gesturing and hitting into me 1 out of 3 times. Her voice and flailing limbs are very anti-Si. All of the Fe (which can be used in a fun way) just seems annoying to me because it's not fitting in w/ the chill Si-friendly vibe the place usually has. Where as w/ another quadra I'd think "oh the poor girl is just trying to be liked and doesn't realize it" or something, I was actually getting really angry w/ this one. If it was a Delta being annoying, they'd still be annoying, but it wouldn't be conflicting w/ my functions, so it wouldn't be "personal.")

That said, I just met an ENFj and INFp guy at a bar the other day and wow, I really liked them. They were incredibly charming, fun, upbeat and we all had a terrific conversation. I was super drawn to them and their happy Fe. Then they got into using a lot of Ni/Ti, as in "if a person flunks law school a few times they must be stupid and suck and should give up" versus Ne/Te "it could have been another factor, the person still has potential to be amazing as a lawyer" anyway, point was I liked their Fe though. And they were charming.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post

That said, I just met an ENFj and INFp guy at a bar the other day and wow, I really liked them. They were incredibly charming, fun, upbeat and we all had a terrific conversation. I was super drawn to them and their happy Fe. Then they got into using a lot of Ni/Ti, as in "if a person flunks law school a few times they must be stupid and suck and should give up" versus Ne/Te "it could have been another factor, the person still has potential to be amazing as a lawyer" anyway, point was I liked their Fe though. And they were charming.
    Some of the beta NFs I know are like this. They frequently express strong opinions and statements that arouse strong reactions in others, often unintentionally offending others in the process. I don't think their intention is to offend though. I think its that they feel that if they have strong feelings about something, they shouldn't have to hold them back. Either that or they are joking around and trying to promote an upbeat atmosphere and the people around them are taking it wrong.

And I do think there is a difference in how betas and alphas use Fe. Beta Fe feels edgier, for example making bold statements about things that can be rather controversial and stir strong reactions in people. Alpha Fe feels more lighthearted and less edgy. The artistocratic/democratic difference may also play a role. I think Beta Fe is more inclined to make jokes about certain groups of people. Alpha Fe feels more inclusive, more careful not to make generalizations about certain types of people.

When I hate someone that's from the beta quadra, its sometimes due to this difference in use of Fe, which I find offensive when carried too far.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arguments with those in my quadra tend to blow over relatively quickly... E.g. today a Se-SLE girl was being annoying, and my best friend, a Se-LSI, said to her, "shut the fuck up and get out of the car."

To this, she responded, "oh, now you're gettin an attitude?"

Then they both started laughing.

They were both genuinely pissed for a second... But there is a level of understanding between them that enabled them to just "let it go."

...I tend to steer clear of Deltas... Most of the people I "hate" are ISFps...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Most of the people I "hate" are ISFps...
    Could this have something to do with the supervisory relation betwen ISFp and ENFj, with the ISFp being the supervisor?

I've found that I can be uncomfortable with ESTp as that type is my supervisor. I don't usually "hate" them per se, but rather feel uncomfortable with them. Subtype plays a big difference- its mostly been the ESTp-Se's that I find annoying.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I undermine this thread. Quadra relations are already used as a typing system all on their own, however we'd be worse off if it gets flipped on its head. There would still be a continuous shift of interpretation, but this idea would be to misinterpret theory from the start.
    Only if you look at it on the surface level, and if you're doing that then Socionics fails from the start, because you wind up saying "Oh I don't like/get along/agree with this person, therefore he/she is in an opposing quadra". If you know WHY people disagree or don't like each other, then you can have a better understanding of how the disagreement may or may not be relevant to Socionics type.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Only if you look at it on the surface level, and if you're doing that then Socionics fails from the start, because you wind up saying "Oh I don't like/get along/agree with this person, therefore he/she is in an opposing quadra". If you know WHY people disagree or don't like each other, then you can have a better understanding of how the disagreement may or may not be relevant to Socionics type.
    Well sure. I don't have anything bad to say about my quadra (the people), so it would seem like the current theory is doing just fine for me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this is only the case with Betas because we are the ones who usually try to "take up space"

sigh...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Same here.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post