SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@loopyclouds
    I never said they were problematic
    it was in response to the OP.

I just don't prefer them for friendships. Maybe the difference in quadra provides something new, something more novel for friendships.
    the novel aspects of people that stimulate friendships i'd relegate to them having your superid function(s) in their ego. id is not particularly interesting. superego may be on the surface, but quickly tire with contact.

As for the quasi-identicals, again this is the context of friendships, we bond over same interests, namely writing and reading.
    same interests there theoretically are with your identicals and mirrors, who also share values with you. which is why the 'especial' love for the quasi-identicals over them is unlikely.
    relatively distanced interaction and exchange of information and interests with the same club, opposing quadra should be productive and interesting if it fits the strong functions. the more informal & intimate the relation gets (less distance & more time together), the more irritation and exhaustion will appear from what they value, and from what they cannot and will not focus on & give you.
    if these friends you talk about are at a sufficient distance, then their negative sides in your view will be less visible for you, of course. and then intertypes are not so important. and if by friendship you mean relatively distant ''bonding'' over shared interests, then in that situation you may prefer quasi-identicals to duals. but i wouldn't call that friendship. so it's about definitions of that term, too.

Imo, it's more likely for people to be friends with people from other quadras than not
    seeing that they are 12/16 total types, yes.

we're not all confined to one quadra. How would society function if we only got along with our quadra mates?
    anyone can potentially get along with anyone. two of the quadras share half of your values; and have semi-duals & mirages. the situation where your own quadra contains your most hated people is very unlikely, is all.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    @loopyclouds

it was in response to the OP.
    Oh oops, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    if these friends you talk about are at a sufficient distance, then their negative sides in your view will be less visible for you, of course. and then intertypes are not so important. and if by friendship you mean relatively distant ''bonding'' over shared interests, then in that situation you may prefer quasi-identicals to duals. but i wouldn't call that friendship. so it's about definitions of that term, too.
    Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't say I spend alot of time with my friends, maybe a few hours a week, otherwise I don't have enough energy for that Being quite introverted, I usually only like spending a lot of time with family/romantic partners.