Thread: INTp, INTj or none of the above

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTp, INTj or none of the above

ok, I know this girl who has typed herself as an INTj. She is actually very bright and has a degree in psychology but something just doesn't ring right with this with me. One of the reasons I'm finding it so hard to try to look at her traits is that she suffers from severe depression. So below I'm describing her and you can let me know what ya think.

Firstly, I'll describe stuff that I think is related to her depression...

She is a complete night owl, up all night sleeps all day. She doesn't have a job and doesn't want kids. She is EXTREMELY sensitive. She isolates herself from other people.

She complains a lot. She is very hard on her boyfriend and will sometimes talk like he's not in the room when he is telling me stuff about his bad habits etc. and how sometimes he causes her depression. He acts oblivious to it but I don't think he is. She has been rude to me on a few occassions too and I just let it go.

She thinks many of her problems are caused by him when its obvious to an outsider that she actually causes a lot of the problems herself.

She can be very judgemental about people and I see her jumping (downright leaping) to wrong conclusions about people. Like she would see me talking and laughing at a party with someone and assume we were the best of friends. I might not even particularly like that person but its a party...so I'm gonna be nice and friendly.

She is quite neat and keeps her home nicely decorated. She seems very quiet and nice at first. She is actually a great conversationalist when she isn't wracked with insecurity. But stubbhorn in the dictionary has a picture of her beside it. He husband was copying me a book from work and just got a new binding machine so we thought it would be cool to use it on it. I've used one before but I'm not the type to push everyone aside and take control. I had used one just like it though and knew how it worked. She jumped right in and took control, was even getting frustrated with it. I could see she was doing it wrong so tried to offer some help and tried to explain I knew how to use them. She snapped right back that so did she, it was the machine.

She did eventually get it to work, but omg...the drama involved in it. Me and her husband were both tense. But me definately more so.

The way she just dives into projects sometimes reminds me of an ESTp but she's too off on many of the other qualities to be one. She also really excelled in school and is great with computers. She told me she hated raising her hand in class to ask a question. She is more likely to go without the answer than have the attention of raising her hand.

She knows a lot of facts and is very book smart but she is sometimes very wrong in some of her facts. To try to correct her is like picking a fight.

Basically, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around her depending on her mood. I don't know if this is the depression she goes through or if she is mis-typed.
    Polly
    ENTP

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of introverted feelery girls seem to be drawn to majoring in psychology, possibly due to hidden agenda.

Sounds like a possible ISFj to me.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    Sounds like a possible ISFj to me.
    Yes, too me too. The only exception being talking bad about her husband in front of him. The other things point towards ISFj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!