Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask your mom

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom's got a ton of horror/hilarious stories about my twin bro and I as little kids. I guess my brother was a little more impatient and sulky and I was more patient and happy. We were both pretty quiet and if we were left alone, we NEVER stayed where we were put. My mom's stories always start with "Then I noticed the house was completely silent and I knew something was up." That's when she'd usually find us doing something ridiculous, like using stools to undo the deadbolt and escape the house, turning on the water in every faucet full blast and holding our hands under it to angle the shot so we could shoot the drywall off of the ceiling, or the time she left us alone for half an hour and came back to find we (my brother and sisters were really cooperative as young 'uns and this was rarely a good thing ) had somehow knocked a door off its hinges. The story goes we battered it down using our youngest sister as a battering ram (feet first thank you).
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    My mom's got a ton of horror/hilarious stories about my twin bro and I as little kids. I guess my brother was a little more impatient and sulky and I was more patient and happy. We were both pretty quiet and if we were left alone, we NEVER stayed where we were put. My mom's stories always start with "Then I noticed the house was completely silent and I knew something was up." That's when she'd usually find us doing something ridiculous, like using stools to undo the deadbolt and escape the house, turning on the water in every faucet full blast and holding our hands under it to angle the shot so we could shoot the drywall off of the ceiling, or the time she left us alone for half an hour and came back to find we (my brother and sisters were really cooperative as young 'uns and this was rarely a good thing ) had somehow knocked a door off its hinges. The story goes we battered it down using our youngest sister as a battering ram (feet first thank you).
    You sir, win.
    Easy Day

Creepy-Diana

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    The story goes we battered it down using our youngest sister as a battering ram (feet first thank you).
    FANTASTIC +1000
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very polite. I said please and thank you as my first words. But I also threw temper tantrums (only at home though). I wasn't afraid of bugs and used to chase crickets they told me. I also liked babies and if a baby wasn't being watched I'd go over and see if they needed help. And I did climb everything when I was a bit older so they had to remove all of the furniture from the house after I scaled some bookshelves. But I was also pretty shy and didn't talk much. But then they told my sister to be quiet (ENFj) so I could say something. And once I had that open door I did talk a LOT.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was born really late - my original due date was the beginning of January, but I was born Feb.15th! I came into this world blue and started screaming immediately. My lacuna actually flaked off instead of absorbing into my skin. I was also picking up my head in the first few hours after birth, as were all my siblings.

My parents report that I was a very calm, bright-eyed baby until I started crawling. Then I stopped wanting to have anything to do with others, including my older sister, and seemed to have no fear. When I was a year old, I would wander off without ever checking to see if I was being followed. My Mom also let each of us wean ourselves; I was the earliest at about 20 months.

My brother was born when I was 25 months old, and apparently I regressed slightly, even trying to go back to breastfeeding once (unsuccessfully). But then he taught himself to walk at the ridiculously young age of 7 months, and I returned quickly to wanting to be left the fuck alone. Mom reports that she would put up the childgate to keep him out of my room and give him the run of the rest of the house; I would be fine for hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    jewels, what about when you were even younger? Before you could talk and even walk? That's the period intended by the thread, before any education - thank, help people, etc. I believe you were energetic from what you've written.
    Ok, well as for babies...

before I could talk/walk I supposedly was very cuddly. My parents said I would like try to get as close as possible and they'd actually pick me up if they were depressed. I don't think I cried all that much, but I did quickly learn to pout my lower lip even as a very small baby (I guess they aren't suppose to know how to do that yet). I was also completely nocturnal for a long time and refused to wake up in the day. I'm still like that if given the chance!

Oh, and for my ENFj sister...she walked extremely early (when she was still a little baby) and would walk/run up to stranger little boys and hug them! She also would spring off of my moms lap and start dancing! Which would freak out other parents (since babies really don't walk at that age). lol. I picture the "dancing baby" creepy thing when I hear that, though I think she was just a bit bigger. I'm seriously not making that up!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would weigh in on this thread, but it's probably just as easy for my mom to do it herself, lol. I'll PM her.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She described her early experience with her daughter, and the description isn't so admiring that there's no truth to it. Just use what you can...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12