Thread: extroverted functions

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default extroverted functions

some descriptions make it sound like extroverted functions, particularly thinking and feeling, are all about conformity while some make them sound like they're all about action... wtf?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: extroverted functions

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    some descriptions make it sound like extroverted functions, particularly thinking and feeling, are all about conformity while some make them sound like they're all about action... wtf?
    Emphasis on action leads to conformity; conformity leads to action for its own sake. The descriptions are circular.

But extroverted thinking in judges is very different from extroverted thinking in perceivers. Judges have a goal: their conformity is for a definite end. Perceivers desire only action in itself, from what I understand.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makes sense
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me, or do the extroverted elements basically run on hunches and instinct, and the introverted elements are more pensive, logical, and piecing things together? I could safely bet this is a close case. Extroverted elements basically seem like an all encompassing mode.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're talking about the functions up there ^ it reminds me more so of the temperaments with the functions, rather than functions standalone. So such "action" leading to conformism, would be a product of not only the dominant function, but also whichever functions in their positioning involved. I'm aware of the problems faced when we try to talk about functions as exact representations. It is known by some as merely impossible to discern the fields of independence.