Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extraverted intuition Ne column

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notes from the underground:

If functions are in cycle and if Reinin synapses learning is true ( http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/651394-post36.html ) and if the functions move clockwise thence, for example, if we were to strengthen the I+S connection after being I+N, we first have to strengthen I+T. Basically, it is the Farsighted-Obstinate-Carefree-Compliant cycle.
    ----
    let us take this stance for a while: it's the valued N is Lim/valued S is Emp - valued F is Lim/valued T is Emp - valued S is Lim/valued N is Emp - valued T is Lim/valued F is Emp cycle.
    ----
    IN+ES val/N/lim Farsighted Lim/I
    IT+EF val/F/lim Obstinate Lim/E
    IS+EN val/S/lim Carefree Lim/I
    IF+ET val/T/lim Compliant Lim/E
    ----
    If a Farsighted person wants to become Carefree s/he must first be obstinate for a while (s/he must rebel).
    If a Carefree person wants to become Farsighted s/he must first be Compliant for a while (s/he must comply).
    If an Obstinate person wants to become Compliant s/he must first be Carefree for a while (being Carefree and submiting to a compliance due to the society putting him/her in its place, punishing him/her, so to speak, for its Carelessness...or s/he must first do their thing - lim/S).
    If a Compliant person wants to become Obstinate s/he must first be Farsighed for a while (she must first see what is there in terms of possibilities-lim/N and thence take advantage of the limiting insight, as in: i know what is out there, i have this immaculate insights, i might as well use them for my purposes).

If E/I and N/S are continuums, and if you being far on the N side is always accompanied with you being highly I(for whatever reason, these things happen fairly often, you know, things being accompanied one with eachother for whatever reason, like when pavlovian dogs start to salivate after hearing the bell), thence when you're moving away from the N side you're most likely moving away from the I side as well.
    But what does it happen when you try to move to the S side while trying to stay on the I side? Do you have to employ I+T first given that functions are just points in NTSF cycle?
    Why all these questions? Well, I've been dwelling about sensory tasks these days. I've been doing them and I've been doing them slowly(I+S?). What had come to my mind was, to do those tasks slowly(Introversion related) I would have to think about them first(T, T+I maybe).
    Now regarding the success I had in doing those tasks. Epic fail, more or less. The good will was there, everything was there, but i kept being clumsy (now, the cure against that clumsiness would be to slow the execution down, but slowing the execution down would make me all self-conscious due to fear of people's reactions, yes it is doable and indeed, one really has to do it through the I+T-i-don't-care-what-people-will-say-obstinacy. Apparently I did cared what people will think, I failed at I+T obstinacy and therefore fail at I+S was no surprise.
    Now, today i tried to do various sensory tasks, but as fast as possible, and guess what, i really did had some success. That, my friend, I believe, is E+S. Success due to I+N = E+S. I+N is what I'm all about, it's what I'm good in. Me being I+N to the core is what makes may way more adept at E+S than at I+S.Yes, me being I+N, in my current opinion doesn't mean I am objectively good at E+S, but that I am better at it than at I+S, that stands.
    One point though, it might be better to change E to fast, or even better to high-signal.
    Last edited by Trevor; 06-12-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being X+Y, IOW being X and Y at the same time, oftentimes gives rise to some properties which are not to be characteristic of X and/or Y standalone.

Being X+Y is oftentimes correlated with a set of properties which might not be correlated with X and/or Y standalone.

It might very well be that there are such properties that are strongly correlated with Sensory Introverts but correlation of which with Sensing and Introversion is at best marginal or even non-existant or thereabouts.

It might very well be that there are such properties that are strongly correlated with Sensory Ethical SEI Introverts but correlation of which with Sensing, Introversion, Ethics and Irrationality standalone is at best marginal or even non-existant or thereabouts.

It might very well be that there are such properties, pertaining to different socionics types but not pertaining to its dichotomies and/or functions when taken in isolation.
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-05-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is possible to show bunch of things correlating with a certain type yet not being that type at all...because things correlating with something are not neccessarily that something even if there is like bunch of them and they all stink.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I than J = if not J then not I = if P then E.
    So an IJ is always either IJ or EP. So is EP. If he's an IJ then he's IJ most of the time and he's EP less of the time. IJ's IJ is his Accepting. IJ's EP is his Creative. Statics are alternating between IJ and EP.

OK, OK, but...
    If I than Static = if not Static then not I = if Dynamic then E.
    So an IJ is always either I+Static or E+Dynamic. So is EJ. If he's an IJ then he's IJ most of the time and he's EJ less of the time. But mainly he is alternating between IJ and EJ.

How can these two be reconciled; if anyhow?

Are some dichotomies real and others represent nothing but behavior/s that often do go together with their label but don't really have to?

Or...might it be that if our IJ focusses (consciously or not?) more on his Staticity he is then alternating between IJ and EP and if he focusses more on his Rationality he then alternates between IJ and EJ..what does it mean for a Static IJ person to focus more on his Staticity than on his Rationality, or his Introversion if you like? ..btw, i had a dream, not a long time ago, involving reinins and focus. Like in: if you're an IJ-Ti, you're Introvert+Rational+Thinker+Static+Emotivist+Obstin ate+Merry; but although you're all of those things at once you can also choose what will you be the most. Like: you can for example choose to put your obstinacy on the spotlight at the expence of your Introversion, Rationality, Thinking, Staticity, Emotivity, Merryness and whatnot.
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-14-2010 at 03:49 AM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I just love that game.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off: disregard the function references here. They are obviously wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Why all these questions? Well, I've been dwelling about sensory tasks these days. I've been doing them and I've been doing them slowly(I+S?). What had come to my mind was, to do those tasks slowly(Introversion related) I would have to think about them first(T, T+I maybe).
    Now regarding the success I had in doing those tasks. Epic fail, more or less. The good will was there, everything was there, but i kept being clumsy (now, the cure against that clumsiness would be to slow the execution down, but slowing the execution down would make me all self-conscious due to fear of people's reactions, yes it is doable and indeed, one really has to do it through the I+T-i-don't-care-what-people-will-say-obstinacy. Apparently I did cared what people will think, I failed at I+T obstinacy and therefore fail at I+S was no surprise.
    Now, today i tried to do various sensory tasks, but as fast as possible, and guess what, i really did had some success. That, my friend, I believe, is E+S. Success due to I+N = E+S. I+N is what I'm all about, it's what I'm good in. Me being I+N to the core is what makes may way more adept at E+S than at I+S.Yes, me being I+N, in my current opinion doesn't mean I am objectively good at E+S, but that I am better at it than at I+S, that stands.
    One point though, it might be better to change E to fast, or even better to high-signal.
    “Don't think, Feeeel. it is like a finger pointing out to the moon, don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.”

That was the cause of my success.

I will expand this post later.
    -----------------------------------
    Concentrating on the finger is what many bad actors do. It's what many of us do in our real RL lives from time to time. Do we call that A Type Mask?

And this concentrating on a finger. You can actually feel it. It's in your chests&throat or thereabouts I'd say, even in your head, and your stomach is tensed.

You can also feel it when you're concentrated on a moon. It's in your stomach and pelvis I'd say. And your stomach is relaxed.

. I need to make sense of this somehow.
    Last edited by Trevor; 11-07-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dream. Various tasks were listed. I was the one who was supposed to do them. Odds for completion of tasks were also listed. They were ranging (approximately) from 2.40 to 3.80 (25-42% approximately). Once I finally started doing the tasks all odds changed to 1.03(97% respectively).
    Is tomorrow gonna be peace or war in your town? If you could bet on it what would you put your money on, and why? Actually, what I'm asking is; what would be your betting strategy, how would you generally pick your picks?

I'm interested in your answers before I give mine. (I'm already half-anticipating no one's gonna answer but hey, gotta try my luck, given the odds; this just has to be taken.)
    If it's war today I'd put my money on war for tomorrow. If it's peace today I'd put my money on peace for tomorrow.
    All reasonable success in predicting the future comes from identifying the processes that are already in progress; when one knows how they are supposed to unfold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12