Thread: Humor of the elements

Threaded View

Creepy-male

Default Humor of the elements

How does each element look when it's being used to generate humor?

EDIT

Here's what I think:

Ne: Humor comes from saying one thing, and meaning another--and having the subtext recognised. Or, spouting nonsense, and having the fact that it's nonsense recognised. Think of Borat.

Fe: Humor comes entirely from delivery. The material itself can be nonsensical, like running up to someone, jumping next to them, and yelling out "DID SOMEBODY ORDER A LARGE HAM?!" Think of Bill Cosby's "Dentists" routine. Or, better yet, just think of Bill Cosby.

Si: At least one element seems to be building humor around senses. Think of Andy Kaufman and his mockery of Texas.

Ni: Making random connections between things. "Life is like a bowl of tomatoes. At some point, everything in it was picked beforehand." I don't know if that example counts, nor do I know of any examples. I think the underlying idea is an inflated idea of absurdity. Niffweed's posts come to mind (and for the love of God don't turn this into a type discussion).

Te: Deadpanning, maybe? I'm not sure how this would be differentiated from Ne. I can only think of Expat's examples right now, and I'm not sure if LSEs can even feel emotions, so I don't know if they can joke.
    Last edited by male; 07-02-2009 at 08:50 AM.