TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Fi doesn't judge the object like Fe does
    Sure it does. Fi is static, and in the case of an IEE like jimbo, judging objects is exactly what it does. Ne base perceives in object form and Fi creative judges it. Static thinkers (especially EPs) will always be thinking in the mode of object judgement.

I think the issue here is the difference between Static and Object/Dynamic and Field. I'll talk about this later as I have to get to work.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe "judgement" is always via a subjective element. Wouldn't the perception of every element involve judgement? For instance, judging the presense of objective data.

Perhaps its just the way you are using the term. Do you mean specifically "determining if an object fits criterion for its inclusion within some wider framework"?

Yeah, Fi would focus on determining inclusivity of actions... like, "This action is not allowed due to my beliefs." Ti behaves in a similar way, although its the criterion not the actions themselves which are demonstrable and explict.

For Ti/Fe, the rules are solid and the actions intuited and for Fi/Te the rules are intuited and the actions solid.
    This is a grand over simplification, but may be useful for a realization.

So, okay Vero, I agree lol.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi is more connected with ethical values, principles and personal sentiments rather than expressed emotion which is a focus of Fe. But,

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    It totally seems to have nothing to do with emotions.
    it does have something to do with emotions, in the sense that, subjective judgment and personal sentiments are often expressed through (or followed by) some sort of emotion.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    it does have something to do with emotions, in the sense that, subjective judgment and personal sentiments are often expressed through (or followed by) some sort of emotion.
    Yep agreed. Yeh actually this makes a lot of sense.

So could we say that it is the Fi that leads to emotions because things are looked at subjectively, because personal involvement leads to emotions about the event/issue etc??

And that an expression of Fi could be seen as an emotion when personal sentiments are expressed. Eg. I like this, love that etc.

(pretty sure I pretty much just said exactly what you did...)

Man now I think that Fi does have to do with emotions.

Well definitely in this context anyways.
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liked the post Ann. Us F types would defs be good at ethos and pathos.
    IEE