Hybrid View

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Basic Elements of Informational Metabolism

To describe the IM process Aušra Augustinavičiūtė divided it into eight elements, together
    they reflect the variety of ways a human being communicates with the world. The number of
    elements does not contradict the general scientific informational concept of all communication
    types studied in terms of information, energy, space and time.

Now let us examine the elements of informational metabolism; we will be using symbols
    developed by Aušra Augustinavičiūtė. These symbols proved to be rather convenient and are
    widely used by socionists.

The semantic fields of IM elements could be described as follows:

- Subjective logic. It is my own logic, my understanding, explanation, description,
    concept, and theory of things. It is my hierarchy of notions of the things that are closer
    or farther, higher or lower. It is what I was taught, my view of this world, my world
    outlook. It includes my education, i.e. the system of my ideas and my schooling.

- Objective logic. Logic of the objective world - objective circumstances, facts.
    Example: the day began and it started raining. Systems, statistics. Event queue.
    Example: “I am late for work because the bridge collapsed". Laws, political policies of
    the government, stamps in the passport, traffic laws, prices, private summerhouse
    property, my territory, and design drawing of a unit. Thinking objectively people usually
    ask: “I want to know the reality of the matter.”

- Subjective intuition. The inner harmony. A state, a mood, and a sense of time.
    Personal evaluation of events, of people's actions and morals.

- Objective intuition. The order of events from the beginning to the end, i.e. the
    sets of events known beforehand, the schedule. Potential opportunities. Behavior
    program, the way of life, the rhythm of life. Scenario of any action, acting in accordance
    to predetermined scenario.

- Subjective sensoring. My inner feelings: gustatory sense, tactile sensoring, and
    sexual sensoring. State of health. Ability to discern between the pleasant and the
    unpleasant.

- Objective sensoring. It is the form, the action, the motion, the act, the
    appearance, the gestures and the mimics. It is the person’s will.

- Subjective ethics. It is my attitude to people. It is the liking/disliking of
    people/things. It is the emotions I experience.

- Objective ethics. It is the external relationship, the relationships between other
    people and their attitude towards me. It is the emotions of other people.

These are the semantics of the eight basic elements of informational metabolism. And
    now let us turn to Table 1.

Agree or disagree?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Agree or disagree?
    Ni is not a state or mood.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Ni is not a state or mood.
    Yeah I wondered about the mood thing. It is as if Reinin was pairing Ni/Fe there. The link goes into IMs.

Nvm, seems he means mood as in a temporary state of mind which makes more sense. Things translated from Russian are tricky sometimes.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I wondered about the mood thing. It is as if Reinin was pairing Ni/Fe there. The link goes into IMs.
    I can see how Ni could be experienced as a "mood" in itself while having nothing to do with moods. I can't "show" it though.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    I can see how Ni could be experienced as a "mood" in itself while having nothing to do with moods. I can't "show" it though.
    It's ok I know what you mean. I was just not sure how Reinin meant it at first. The Ni summary does align with Jung's description as well.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Makes no sense

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes no sense
    Who said it had to make sense?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Who said it had to make sense?
    Someone whos T type

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fi is exactly what it says, the internalized feelings and sensations of attraction/repulsion, like or dislike. Four dimensional Fi/or mb valued Fi too, for example knows exactly why deep in its heart of hearts why it loathes a particular thing and can write a 50,000 page essay on it. It can do this with multiple topics many times. Fi is loving and sweet as it is harsh, unforgiving and brutal. But objectively speaking, it definitely lacks the diplomacy that Fe has because Fe is about creating a certain emotional atmosphere for others rather than 'I personally like/dislike this and here is a 50,000 page essay explaining why.'

My fi polr ILE buddy for example... accepts everybody equally even though he's a huge jerk at times that doesn't take people's own personal fields of like/dislike into account very well. It's because he isn't paying enough attention to this stuff, is why he can accept people better than an angry, self-righteous EII with a stick up their ass. So fi polr is also very ethical as it is non-ethical, just like Fi is loving/deep/moral/kind as it is harsh/brutal/unforgiving. Of course to a Fi valuer Fi polr its going to seem highly unethical.

Fi polr can also make you not judge situations accurately and then you can overreact the same way a Fi-ego would. The eighth function is probably the strongest we have.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    The eighth function is probably the strongest we have.
    D33p af

I guess though it’s strong in the sense that a muscular uncontrolled retarded person on a rage would be strong and profound, etc.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    D33p af

I guess though it’s strong in the sense that a muscular uncontrolled retarded person on a rage would be strong and profound, etc.
    How insightful you are. Methinks you still need to practice socionics some more.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....My fi polr ILE buddy for example... accepts everybody equally even though he's a huge jerk at times that doesn't take people's own personal fields of like/dislike into account very well. It's because he isn't paying enough attention to this stuff, is why he can accept people better than an angry, self-righteous EII with a stick up their ass. So fi polr is also very ethical as it is non-ethical, just like Fi is loving/deep/moral/kind as it is harsh/brutal/unforgiving. Of course to a Fi valuer Fi polr its going to seem highly unethical.
    Don't forget there is another side to the coin: many ILEs are good people, and their easy acceptance of people can also attract the wrong people, parasites that feed of their good intentions.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming that the entire motivation for their behavior is "like/dislike", "attraction/repulsion", or lack thereof.

Which I highly doubt is the case, since the the motivation can't be less complex than the observed behavior. It ignores the all sorts of complexities and logical chains of events that must lead to that certain kind of behavior, such as the creation of complex systems of morality or the managing of relationships.

It's basically the equivalent of "psychological reductionism". It's like saying that if we only managed to pinpoint and identify the "initial condition" of an atom or something, then we can predict the entire world. That may be true in principle, but that's hardly the point, because it requires all sorts of different levels of explanations to understand why things are the way they are, right now.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    DEAD
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Exclamation It makes sense?

Fi is exactly what it says, the internalized feelings and sensations of attraction/repulsion, like or dislike. Four dimensional Fi/or mb valued Fi too, for example knows exactly why deep in its heart of hearts why it loathes a particular thing and can write a 50,000 page essay on it. It can do this with multiple topics many times. Fi is loving and sweet as it is harsh, unforgiving and brutal. But objectively speaking, it definitely lacks the diplomacy that Fe has because Fe is about creating a certain emotional atmosphere for others rather than 'I personally like/dislike this and here is a 50,000 page essay explaining why.'

My fi polr ILE buddy for example... accepts everybody equally even though he's a huge jerk at times that doesn't take people's own personal fields of like/dislike into account very well. It's because he isn't paying enough attention to this stuff, is why he can accept people better than an angry, self-righteous EII with a stick up their ass. So fi polr is also very ethical as it is non-ethical, just like Fi is loving/deep/moral/kind as it is harsh/brutal/unforgiving. Of course to a Fi valuer Fi polr its going to seem highly unethical.

Fi polr can also make you not judge situations accurately and then you can overreact the same way a Fi-ego would. The eighth function is probably the strongest we have.
    I relate so much to this. I couldn't tell you why I dislike something and I really don't care to write an essay or explain why because to be honest, no one else cares and I could care less too. I'm actually not a very ethical person, despite having "strong opinions on society", and I could care less what anyone else does, and I'm not here to lecture people on why it's right/wrong to do something.

Yeah, I couldn't tell you what anyone else likes/dislikes are half of the time. I am pretty accepting, but mostly because I really don't care to form relationships in that way (as in the Fi way) with other people much, because I am not very good at it. I think that when I am very bitchy, I can overreact in situations and come across as a really unhealthy person. Since I have been stressed, I have been coming across as a bitch and harsh, but I'm not usually like that.

I think when we are stressed and we overthink things and try to use our PoLR, we end up becoming the worst version of ourselves. I agree that the strength of the PoLR is vastly underrated, even when we don't use it. I think because we don't use it, we end up succombing to its wrath when it comes out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fi is feelings. another kind of them

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nvm, seems he means mood as in a temporary state of mind which makes more sense. Things translated from Russian are tricky sometimes.
    No it sounded more like Fi.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Not really.

A mood is less specific than an emotion or feeling, less intense and less likely to be triggered by a particular action or event. Moods can be described as being either positive or negative. Here are some common moods that can be used in everyday conversation or in descriptive writing.

Positive Mood Examples:

• Amused
    • Blissful
    • Calm
    • Cheerful
    • Content
    • Dreamy
    • Ecstatic
    • Energetic
    • Excited
    • Flirty
    • Giddy
    • Good
    • Happy
    • Joyful
    • Loving
    • Mellow
    • Optimistic
    • Peaceful
    • Silly
    • Sympathetic

Negative Mood Examples:

• Angry
    • Annoyed
    • Apathetic
    • Bad
    • Cranky
    • Depressed
    • Envious
    • Frustrated
    • Gloomy
    • Grumpy
    • Guilty
    • Indifferent
    • Irritated
    • Melancholy
    • Pessimistic
    • Rejected
    • Restless
    • Sad
    • Stressed
    • Weird

https://examples.yourdictionary.com/mood-examples.html
    You ignore that it is also describes a state of mind or atmosphere.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not really.

A state of mind IS mood

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Makes no sense
    Not really.

A state of mind IS mood
    Mood is a temporary state of mind or feeling.

What sounds like Fi Mr. T?

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Agree or disagree?
    Fi seems to encompass ethics (system of values within Intertype relationships).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree or disagree?
    NFs are doomed to be mystepd forever... for real. I mean, in that article Ni/Ne Fi/Fe are really inverted compared to other socion theories. I agree, the Ni and Fi especially so.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    NFs are doomed to be mystepd forever... for real. I mean, in that article Ni/Ne Fi/Fe are really inverted compared to other socion theories. I agree, the Ni and Fi especially so.
    I had fallen asleep, as I woke I read your post. I thought it said, "NFs are doomed to be my redheaded stepchild forever.."

I tried to read Reinin book again. He merges functions together in a different way. It is confusing. Looks like some are reversed Filatova book descriptions.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-25-2019 at 03:25 AM.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had fallen asleep, as I woke I read your post. I thought it said, "NFs are doomed to be my redheaded stepchild forever.."
    ahahahahahahahah whyyyy <3

(yes they are)

I tried to read Reinin book again. He merges functions together in a different way. It is confusing. Looks like some are reversed Filatova book descriptions.
    yes, and also for other functions.. like Te/Ti too are described invertedly in other theories... but it's interesting, if Reinin was using these description to build his dichotomies, it makes sense I'm an SLE in there lol

actually I took the Reinin dichotomy test again, ended up with LII or ESE, to which I suspected I was being played by some socionics master troll (It was BS maybe).