Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Obviously they do. But I still say that your example does not make clear how Fi works to someone seeking such understanding.
    Because of how I can analyze I come off as a T type to an outside observer who don’t understand that Fi analysis not Ti.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Because of how I can analyze I come off as a T type to an outside observer who don’t understand that Fi analysis not Ti.
    This is why we must provide decent information to all who are seeking it, so they understand that what we communicate about our value judgments, is not what Fi is. Such descriptions are the verbalized conclusions of our Fi value judgments, in the form of intellectual constructs, which to the listener might sound like Ti indeed.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is why we must provide decent information to all who are seeking it, so they understand that what we communicate about our value judgments, is not what Fi is. Such descriptions are the verbalized conclusions of our Fi value judgments, in the form of intellectual constructs, which to the listener might sound like Ti indeed.
    I see where you’re coming from. Fi makes value judgements but where do they come from? It comes from models role models in real life. My mother “dad’s don’t do that” dad’s who don’t do that must be good dad’s. This knowledge is built over time. Another example “to destroy a Bible is a sin” -don’t destroy that bible!
    Love it and cherish it close to your heart. These are my earliest memories of values and judgements against them
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I see where you’re coming from. Fi makes value judgements but where do they come from? It comes from models role models in real life. My mother “dad’s don’t do that” dad’s who don’t do that must be good dad’s. This knowledge is built over time. Another example “to destroy a Bible is a sin” -don’t destroy that bible!
    Love it and cherish it close to your heart. These are my earliest memories of values and judgements against them
    If that would be the case, than most people would be adept at Fi, but many of them aren't. I do not agree with you, I believe I was born with the capacity of a innate moral compass, which obviously had to be developed, but it would have developed even when it would have met counter forces (and it did). I have one brother who also has the same moral compass and developed it against all odds. Another brother of mine doesn't have such a compass, but is receptive to such information from his dual wife and leads a stable life. Then I had another brother, who lacked a moral compass, and developed into a drugs criminal and a womanizer, screwing every woman who was willing to spread her legs for him (and an astounding number of women did). He died last year from a cerebral haemorrhage, all alone, drenched in his own blood before he was found three days after he probably died.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If that would be the case, than most people would be adept at Fi, but many of them aren't. I do not agree with you, I believe I was born with the capacity of a innate moral compass, which obviously had to be developed, but it would have developed even when it would have met counter forces (and it did). I have one brother who also has the same moral compass and developed it against all odds. Another brother of mine doesn't have such a compass, but is receptive to such information from his dual wife and leads a stable life. Then I had another brother, who lacked a moral compass, and developed into a drugs criminal and a womanizer, screwing every woman who was willing to spread her legs for him (and an astounding number of women did). He died last year from a cerebral haemorrhage, all alone, drenched in his own blood before he was found three days after he probably died.
    I was attracted to moral information. To be a good dad a good friend these are all information of that kind that is being gathered and analyzed
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Would you say she was using role function in some form there according to this? That is if you agree with the summary at all.

- Subjective logic. It is my own logic, my understanding, explanation, description,
    concept, and theory of things. It is my hierarchy of notions of the things that are closer
    or farther, higher or lower. It is what I was taught, my view of this world, my world
    outlook. It includes my education, i.e. the system of my ideas and my schooling.
    Sorry about your brother.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Would you say she was using role function in some form there according to this? That is if you agree with the summary at all.
    I can't speak for Maritsa, but it is not uncommon for people to have a diminished degree of contact with their emotions and thus try to express themselves in a socially accepted way. I know I did for decades ;-)