View Poll Results: Is XoX primary function E or I?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • E (Te, Fe, Ne, Se)

2 28.57%
  • I (Ti, Fi, Ni, Si)

5 71.43%

Thread: Is XoX more E or I?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is XoX more E or I?

I'm exploring the possibility of being something else than ISTp...I do this "letter by letter".

My wife just switched from ISFj to ESFj which actually seems to fit better and she likes it more too. She haven't considered E before because she is not very loud person or even too talkative in small talk kind of way. Anyways this made me wonder if I could be E after all. Even dj switched between E and I so it is possible...

Anyways, I often talk way more than my wife does when we are with friends. I am actually quite talkative and even loud when I'm with people I enjoy. When in an environment I feel comfortable with I joke alot, interact with many people, can be somewhat an attention whore too...but I am never like this with strangers or in a strange environment. And I am quite selective of the company I like to hang out with. I don't make friends too easily because most people bore me and I bore them I guess. I am reserved among total strangers or among people that I have nothing in common with.

I don't like to go anywhere alone. Traveling alone, going to a club or a bar alone, even going to shopping alone is not fun. Partly this is because I like company of people and most of the fun comes from the interaction. Partly this is because I'm not good at making new friends. Like if I would travel alone I think I would not be good at making new friends on the road so I rather bring them with me (or something). Shopping alone is just boring. So I'm not sure if this is E or I behavior.

When home I often talk way more than my wife. I can be talkative to a point she gets annoyed...But she seems to be much better at getting to know our neighbours. She knows them all. I rarely interact with them unless I have to. The problem again being I don't find our neighbours very interesting. My wife always seems to find something to talk about with them.

I have been called extrovert by several friends. I'm not sure but I think have been called introvert too. I like to consider myself introvert however. And I do spend a lot of time alone. Ok not totally alone because I can chat in internet or play multiplayer role playing games or something but physically alone. This makes me think I am more introvert after all...

About functions...

I might well be Te primary...
    Who knows I might be Se primary after all...
    Some people have suggested I'm Ne primary!
    I doubt I'm Fe primary but who knows

This is my first poll so I hope this does not end up being corrupted somehow when I submit it...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENTp?

You seemed to be just as bored as I am on when it comes to doing things. You have to give more information to differentiate between N and S and F and T. Your definitely a perceiver, I can tell you that.

BTW, I actually thought of you as being a female for a while, I think I got confused with you and flower.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    ENTp?
    You seemed to be just as bored as I am on when it comes to doing things.
    Haha oh yes I get bored really easily. Sometimes I can get obsessively interested in something like studying some subject or some hobby or a computer game or whatever. After a short period of intense devotion I get bored at the subject completely (when there is nothing more to learn or when I just don't make progress). Sadly I sometimes do this with people too Anyways I often feel boredom and I desperately try to figure out new ways to amuse myself.

My wife actually thinks "to be loved" might be a good hidden agenda for me. And Trans (if I remember correctly) said something like "you could be ENTp whose life force has been sucked out" or something, lol.

You have to give more information to differentiate between N and S and F and T.
    This poll is only about if the first (subconscious) function is introverted or extroverted. So no need to differentiate that yet.

Your definitely a perceiver, I can tell you that.
    What makes you say this?

Anyways this would make me Ne, Se, Ni, or Si primary.

BTW, I actually thought of you as being a female for a while, I think I got confused with you and flower.
    Haha. This happens occasionally...when I arrive in a new forum/chat the first impression is I'm extroverted female...then later when I get bored and my energy levels drop I more or less convert to being introverted male

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XoX,
    do you recognize your PoLR? you could try figuring it out that way.

I think one of your primary functions or role function might be , considering the little reservation you have in displaying it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't look at I, E, N, S, F, T, J, and P. Look at Ne, Se, Te, Ti, Fe, and Fi.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is XoX more E or I?

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I might well be Te primary...
    Who knows I might be Se primary after all...
    Some people have suggested I'm Ne primary!
    I doubt I'm Fe primary but who knows
    I think that's very ISTp . It sounds like something I would have written. For instance, I am sure I am an Introvert and an Ixxx, but there's times when I question that, too. I can also relate to the boredom thing and the "to be loved" hidden agenda. I think the hidden agenda can be easily confused among IxTps because of our weak Fe which we continually strive to strengthen. But then, I am not sure of my type either, so...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is XoX more E or I?

I have now read more and talked about my type with several people now and it seems there is no escaping from the ISTp You can still vote (the poll is still open for some days I think) but I guess my MBTI type won't change in socionics no matter how hard I try

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have said ISTP as well.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xox, I see that your posts are not like some other ISTPs in the forum, though there are similarities between you and flower. Maybe it as to do with subtypes? Either way, if you don't feel well adjusted to ISTP then you should not try to modify yourself to fit. Types are just a way to group similar individuals.