Hybrid View

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yes, since the 3-wing is more prone to desintegrate. But the core drive of 3 is still achieving - a wing's purpose is to help, in that case the 4. So it will happen in one health level way or another.

Read the second table. The elite is comprised of someone/people who stand(s) out and who is/are different from the rest, somewhat above, remote from the mainstream. If that's not what E4 is about!
    Your wing doesn't disintegrate.. your core type does. "a wings purpose is to help"? No, I don't believe in that theory and I've never heard that before. How do you mean it will help you if it also disintegrates according to you?

Yes obviously 4s drive is to be unique, but it doesn't mean we think we are better than everyone else. It's more like the opposite, that we think there's something wrong with our DNA and we don't have something that everyone else has. 4w3 has times of romanticism around the uniqueness yes but I wouldnt go as far as to call it "elitism".
    w3 can find something sexy about their suffering, as opposed to w5.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Your wing doesn't disintegrate.. your core type does. "a wings purpose is to help"? No, I don't believe in that theory and I've never heard that before. How do you mean it will help you if it also disintegrates according to you?

Yes obviously 4s drive is to be unique, but it doesn't mean we think we are better than everyone else. It's more like the opposite, that we think there's something wrong with our DNA and we don't have something that everyone else has. 4w3 has times of romanticism around the uniqueness yes but I wouldnt go as far as to call it "elitism".
    w3 can find something sexy about their suffering, as opposed to w5.
    Are you Te PoLR? Of course it disintegrates, the Enneagram is a dynamic tool, all types move along paths. If the dom type moves and the wing is static that wouldn't be congruent to the system.
    The wing's like the creative function or second instinct, in service to the default mode. The 3-wing only helps when stress (usually of the core fear, being worthless) is avoided, if not the 9-disintegration happens and apathy kicks in. Disintegration always happens through stress.

It is elitism, but not from their perspective I know that from feedback I've gotten, me feeling and then acting all different makes me look like a snob, especially because my 3-influence gives me more assertion of this concept. E4s think they are defective and their compensation looks like elitism = specialization to others. You probably reject the term since it is classist and negative, but essentially it's just the concept of minority VS majority of something.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Are you Te PoLR? Of course it disintegrates, the Enneagram is a dynamic tool, all types move along paths. If the dom type moves and the wing is static that wouldn't be congruent to the system.
    The wing's like the creative function or second instinct, in service to the default mode. The 3-wing only helps when stress (usually of the core fear, being worthless) is avoided, if not the 9-disintegration happens and apathy kicks in. Disintegration always happens through stress.

It is elitism, but not from their perspective I know that from feedback I've gotten, me feeling and then acting all different makes me look like a snob, especially because my 3-influence gives me more assertion of this concept. E4s think they are defective and their compensation looks like elitism = specialization to others. You probably reject the term since it is classist and negative, but essentially it's just the concept of minority VS majority of something.
    What a lovely ad hominem.

When I think of elitism I think of pretentiousness (which I have seen social 5s and others doing) and a us vs them, and 4 reject "us". It's not really elitism as much as it is a self-absorption. It can't be elitism if you consider yourself a worthless defective outsider.