Hybrid View

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When have Steve or I driven someone away from socionics?

This is my question.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, well honestly I think you guys should move it to another thread and explain your different views on VI or whatever else and stop the insults and just give the facts.

This, I think, will be most helpful to everyone, especially newcomers.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Ok, well honestly I think you guys should move it to another thread and explain your different views on VI or whatever else and stop the insults and just give the facts.
    Well JuJu is obviously full of shit and in the mood of pooping it here and all over the forum. And while I have no problem ignoring his posts, others who have been directly insulted have the right to respond the way they did of course, and I'm not bothered by that. And Steve and AA already explained their typings, with pictures.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was a newcomer to this forum, I would think that VI is a very contentious issue and people get hostile when asked to back up their assertions with more than just broad, baseless statements like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I hope you do too, so you can realize what Fe is and isn't. That guy doesn't have any of it.

Being aristocratically elite, suave, and looking tough has 0 to do with being Beta. People need to drop those useless stereotypes. If anything, the people who I've seen with the hair gel and the prep look are Delta.
    and this:

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    When I see this guy, I think of smooth jazz, sappy love songs, gentle mahogany love making (), bluesyness, enjoyment of a sunny villa restaurant in the big city, and Delta.
    Now this is the stuff VI is made out of:

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Assuming this isn't a joke and he's not a mannequin, I'll guess LSI based on these posed pictures.

My impression: the guy is a bit too rigid and inflexible for my taste. I don't think he'd respond well to any zany ideas or complete u-turns and radical changes of plan (Ne). The first one seems like something he might react caustically towards. The second one, perhaps angrily towards.

He seems like he wouldn't have a problem quickly and efficiently implementing some system. Oh, and he seems like a type of guy that would ask lots of pointed and repetitive questions when he doesn't yet fully understand something (which is a trait I've seen in lots of beta STs).

That's it, I think. I really hope that's not a mannequin though.
    Do you see the difference? jx and others are referring to actual things in the pictures--not just gut feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Maybe so Justin Zombie, but until you prove without a doubt that what you say is any better, all we have to go on is our insights.
    yea...

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Well JuJu is obviously full of shit and in the mood of pooping it here and all over the forum. And while I have no problem ignoring his posts, others who have been directly insulted have the right to respond the way they did of course, and I'm not bothered by that. And Steve and AA already explained their typings, with pictures.
    with pictures? You think showing a picture of a comedian, or a guy laughing in a bar proves anything? What makes you think SLIs never smile? If I show you a picture of some smiling SLIs, would you think they are LSI?

He looks kinda pissed off in that "natural" looking photo. Looking pissed off is an outward expressed emotion, aka Fe. He has a rather severe look to him in general. That doesn't mean he's NOT expressing Fe.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    If I was a newcomer to this forum
    Are you not?

with pictures? You think showing a picture of a comedian, or a guy laughing in a bar proves anything?
    You're taking it out of context. I was answering to what Azeroffs wrote. I was pointing out that they'd done what he was suggesting they all do - "explain their different views on VI". Steve did it with photo comparison, AA voiced his impressions, and JuJu did nothing but contradict them with insults (like he does in most threads and with other people) and without supporting his typing.

What makes you think SLIs never smile?
    What makes you think I think that SLIs never smile?

If I show you a picture of some smiling SLIs, would you think they are LSI?
    I don't know, why don't we try....

He looks kinda pissed off in that "natural" looking photo. Looking pissed off is an outward expressed emotion, aka Fe. He has a rather severe look to him in general. That doesn't mean he's NOT expressing Fe.
    O hi there, you think you have something to say? We're here for you, the best support group on the net, the16types. And he does NOT look pissed off, that's just your subjective impression.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as i've read, Jxrtes is the only one with a legitimate reasoning for his typing. Everyone else gave their opinions, which is fine, and then the rest of you who are fighting calling each other idiots need to stop and give actual arguements besides personal attacks. The pictures are fine, but just being like "here is an example of how youre wrong" is not explaining anything.

Since I started on this forum, I've been looking through the VI section to try to learn some VI skills, and all I find is this:

X type. (how did you get that?)
    There's no way he could be X type. (why not?)
    He isn't showing X function. (explain?)
    you're an idiot. (wow..)

I come out with nothing. I have seen very little objective facts when it comes to VI and so I've been forced to try and make the connections which I'm sure is the same for many others, and that's why no one actually knows how to VI. Or at least that's how I feel about the VI section of this forum.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as i've read, Jxrtes is the only one with a legitimate reasoning for his typing. Everyone else gave their opinions, which is fine, and then the rest of you who are fighting calling each other idiots need to stop and give actual arguements besides personal attacks...
    And what do YOU do? Report the progress of the thread and teach others what to do? (I don't know why the hell I'm even replying to this)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    that's just your subjective impression.
    Best argument ever. You reek of Se.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best argument ever. You reek of Se.
    You reek of idiocy.

A couple of you claim to be posting "for the good of the newcomers and to show people socionics." As a newcomer and someone who wants to learn more about socionics, I am not impressed.
    I didn't. I was making fun.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    the past, ppl have been turned off of Socionics bc they saw these 'alternative interpretations' intermingled with legitimate understanding of the theory... They came away thinking it's all crap.

These are ppl who were simply trying to improve their lives w/ Socionics... ANd bc these ppl (above named) have their egos so wrapped up in their own bullshit, they were turned off...
    Examples of these wronged souls please, other than your own imagination projections.

(Steve, Archon Alarion, Allie, etc) so newcomers do not get confused by their snake-oil salesmanship.
    Who is the snake oil salesman here? *holds up mirror*. As far as I know, the snake oil salesmen are the ones who dodge questions and try to convince people by repetition of the same slandering of the competition. Who is doing that here? It's funny, you actually have the answers to gaining insight on your neurosis right in front of you if you'd only look.

... ANd bc these ppl (above named) have their egos so wrapped up in their own bullshit,
    You're prescribing your own cure, this is good. The first step to curing Neurosis is reflecting and noticing the psychodynamic, even if it's projected onto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    You're taking it out of context. I was answering to what Azeroffs wrote. I was pointing out that they'd done what he was suggesting they all do - "explain their different views on VI". Steve did it with photo comparison, AA voiced his impressions, and JuJu did nothing but contradict them with insults (like he does in most threads and with other people) and without supporting his typing.
    Thank you

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok here are a couple of purported LSIs. Where are the smiles, where's that eye twinkle? Educate me, please.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well techinically you're strawmanning me because I have not purported these two men as LSI's.

I have not come to a descision on Chris Langan's type and the second guy looks like a Delta ST.

Here is an "eye-twinkling LSI"

Hall is obviously reactive to Fe and in total contrast to that brick wall of Te that this thread is about.

and here is a whole thread On Beta ST women eyes:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-wartlard.html
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Well techinically you're strawmanning me because I have not purported these two men as LSI's.

I have not come to a descision on Chris Langan's type and the second guy looks like a Delta ST.
    It wasn't really directed at you, I was trying to provide counter examples. The "tough guy" LSI doesn't fit your eye twinkling theory and I know plenty of them. I was in the military.

The second guy is Steven Seagal.

Here is a discussion on Langan:
    The Socionist: IQ and Socionic Type: The Smartest Man in the World

Here is where you'll find Seagal
    Socionic Types of Famous People

You also have Ayn Rand on your beta thread. I have to lol @ that.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to lol @ you for not seeing her as the Nietzsche loving Se-er she was.

MAN IS SO FUCKING AWESOME

ART SHOULD DEPICT MEN AS PHYSICALLY AWE INSPIRING, I LOVE STRAIGHT EDGES, ROMANTICISM FTW

VILLAINS SHOULD BE SHOWN AS PHYSICALLY WEAK AND INSIPID

NOBLE PREDATORS PREYING ON WEAK MOOCHERS, YES!

ROBIN HOOD WAS WRONG

OBJECTIVITY, RAAAAGGHHHHKHGJHGKJ@!@!!@!@!!@

OH MURRY ROTHBARD YOUR WIFE WONT CONVERT TO ATHEISM? GET OUT OF MY ARISTOCRATIC GROUP OF ELITE THINKERS!

Yeah so Rand was in fact ESTp, she is so Beta its somewhat silly.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "tough guy" LSI doesn't fit your eye twinkling theory and I know plenty of them. I was in the military.
    Dude, same here. And I'm also an expert on EIIs from the time I spent in and out of convents the past five or six years of my life. And ILEs and LIIs from all those god damn science fairs I used to get a kick out of. And SLIs from camping so much, SEEs from dance clubs, and my god, I cannot tell you how many ILIs I've met since I started traveling the “internets” today. Unfortunately, I don't know what LIEs are like yet since I've never been to Wall Street, but hopefully I'll meet one soon.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't know what LIEs are like yet since I've never been to Wall Street, but hopefully I'll meet one soon.
    :wink:
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Dude, same here. And I'm also an expert on EIIs from the time I spent in and out of convents the past five or six years of my life. And ILEs and LIIs from all those god damn science fairs I used to get a kick out of. And SLIs from camping so much, SEEs from dance clubs, and my god, I cannot tell you how many ILIs I've met since I started traveling the “internets” today. Unfortunately, I don't know what LIEs are like yet since I've never been to Wall Street, but hopefully I'll meet one soon.
    Its official.

I love Allie.

The end is nigh