The end is nigh

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(con't from the above post)

what i write here has nothing to do with model a socionics, and is solely based on my experience thinking shit up in my house with no real life experience behind it... so sorry if it's bullshit. With ******ry, Archon Alarion."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe so Justin Zombie, but until you prove without a doubt that what you say is any better, all we have to go on is our insights.

You gotta kinda get over this real life is soooo much different than the internet kick. Yeah there are some differences but really, people are generally the same. What you see is what you get.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

With ******ry, Archon Alarion."
    It takes balls to be a real gay man and live openly out of the closet, Justin. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juju, just shut the fuck up already. You make everyone sick... plus you obviously have nothing of use to say whatsoever.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You gotta kinda get over this real life is soooo much different than the internet kick. Yeah there are some differences but really, people are generally the same. What you see is what you get.
    Well he's assuming that our perspectives don't come from real life experience, which is the fundamental mistake.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, FWIW, I think he's my identical.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    My impression: the guy is a bit too rigid and inflexible for my taste. I don't think he'd respond well to any zany ideas or complete u-turns and radical changes of plan (Ne). The first one seems like something he might react caustically towards. The second one, perhaps angrily towards.
    Well, fwiw, I'm not sure if I'd always respond positively to those things myself. I mean, if we were to do something together, and if I was like busting my ass off collecting information and planning something in extreme detail for days, and if say you suddenly changed your mind about what you wanted to do or take it to a whole new direction where all my previous efforts would go down the drain, then I'd totally be pissed and tell you to go screw yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Oh, and he seems like a type of guy that would ask lots of pointed and repetitive questions when he doesn't yet fully understand something (which is a trait I've seen in lots of beta STs).
    Te types ask a lot of questions too, and can sound the same way, though for them is more about gathering new information and utilizing them in practice rather than clarifying and securing their existing notions.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Well, fwiw, I'm not sure if I'd always respond positively to those things myself. I mean, if we were to do something together, and if I was like busting my ass off collecting information and planning something in extreme detail for days, and if say you suddenly changed your mind about what you wanted to do or take it to a whole new direction where all my previous efforts would go down the drain, then I'd totally be pissed and tell you to go screw yourself.
    I don't believe that VI is reliable or anything. Actually I think it sucks as a method. But how sure are you that this guy is your identical?

Second, even if you were busting your ass for a week, I'd feel totally justified in changing your plan to make it better. That's what Ne is about -- seeing the potential in things to improve, and improving them. I wouldn't necessarily throw out your plan, just try to modify it. Ne types have a strong awareness of what interests them and what doesn't and it feels physically painful to endure something uninteresting or boring. I can't do it.

LSIs aren't responsive to this, because with Ne polr it would feel like I was dismantling the plan rather than improving it. Also as statics, they're presenting a complete, unmodifiable product. They'll take my attempt to change their product as a personal threat to its integrity, and probably lash out.

People that devalue my main function this way are boring. The guy in the picture you showed seems like a boring fart. (nothing personal though, I'm sure he's a nice guy, and it would be interesting to see a video to confirm whether my VI is correct).

Te types ask a lot of questions too, and can sound the same way, though for them is more about gathering new information and utilizing them in practice rather than clarifying and securing their existing notions.
    That's fine, I like it when someone asks questions about different subjects. What I absolutely can't stand is when the person hasn't fully grasped the subject, but is trying to bring it down to his level by asking lots of repetitive questions about just that one subject.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    no shit, they are just typing ppl wrong... dr. phil is not sli--on the internet or irl-- (as per steve, archon alarion, blah blah) and this guy is not either...

they aren't using socionics, and i'm saying so.

wp, he is your identical... you are istj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear, someone insisting that we base our typing on reality. This wont do at all!

This is why I don't like subtypes. People use them as a crutch to make poorly supported typings. It's like you're saying "he's not an LSI, he's just a really uptight SLI."
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first impression was SLI

but.. idk why you guys are putting JuJu down so hard. I know an LSI and LII irl and there are few if any signs of Fe unless there is someone around them supplying it. I also think Se > Si is quite plausible and my second guess would be LSI.

Regardless of Fe being valued, it is still extremely weak and subconscious in LxI. The whole point of the 5th function is that it is valued but can't be supplied by yourself.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-06-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8