Thread: Soft vs Harsh (Fe vs Fi)

Hybrid View

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Soft vs Harsh (Fe vs Fi)

Is is just me, or does Fi with Se come off a lot more harsh (to some people, alphas)? Primarily Fi Se egos on this forum seem to make somewhat harsh and impulsive comments, often perceived as rude, and the response in my head is usually "what am I supposed to say to that?" or "did she really just say that?" I perceive a troubled soul. It often seems as though they just want an ongoing fight, or a bloody word bath, often of a quite sexual and violent tone. Likely Fi and Se ego, that's what I want your opinion of.

Fe users around here however do seem warmer and softer, much more friendly and polite, playful, but not in a impulsive or negative demeanor, and their words seem more carefully chosen. I somehow think Introverted Ethics egos have a hard time perceiving interpersonal ethics, although that is simply a figure of speech.

It's not the ethical part that seems ugly, but the outward display of Se that worries me with people. However of ethical types possibly expressing their Se, these kind of impulsive comments can come to me quite unexpectedly. I value Fe so much that Fi seems like a harsh contrast, especially manifested through my POLR.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it appears very harsh because we don't always necessarily care about hurting others feelings as much as stating what we see as an accurate evaluation of a person or situation. Combine that with the fact that we are often very certain about our evaluation of others and their morals and I could see why people see us as harsh. I guess that sort of harshness doesn't really bother me at all though. Sometimes I even find it funny.

Obviously we don't always let out harsh judgements, some do more than others. I know when not to say stuff to upset people but sometimes the situation calls for something to be said or done. My disinclination for holding my tounge increases if i don't like the other person or I am in a bad mood.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand where you coming from. Nowhere did I intend to say Fi egos didn't know what they were talking about when it comes to ethics, rather from my point of view, the form they use to express it is very cold, only because the emotions attached to them seem to end once given speech. One would have to encrypt the meaning into their own emotion instead of transferring emotion directly. Thus someone with weak ethics like me would not be able to catch onto the emotional vibe of the discussion.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I understand where you coming from. Nowhere did I intend to say Fi egos didn't know what they were talking about when it comes to ethics, rather from my point of view, the form they use to express it is very cold, only because the emotions attached to them seem to end once given speech. One would have to encrypt the meaning into their own emotion instead of transferring emotion directly. Thus someone with weak ethics like me would not be able to catch onto the emotional vibe of the discussion.
    Maybe this applies more to the gamma Fi types. The delta Fi types I know, seem to go to great lengths to present warmth and not to hurt anyone's feelings.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Maybe this applies more to the gamma Fi types. The delta Fi types I know, seem to go to great lengths to present warmth and not to hurt anyone's feelings.
    I wonder if it's more because they are incapable of being harsh due to weak Se?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense.

I think this generalizes to all Fi/Te valuing types, gammas being far more extreme at it than deltas.

It could be completely dependent on us alphas' viewpoint, though.

Creepy-Diana

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Is is just me, or does Fi with Se come off a lot more harsh (to some people, alphas)? Primarily Fi Se egos on this forum seem to make somewhat harsh and impulsive comments, often perceived as rude, and the response in my head is usually "what am I supposed to say to that?" or "did she really just say that?" I perceive a troubled soul. It often seems as though they just want an ongoing fight, or a bloody word bath, often of a quite sexual and violent tone. Likely Fi and Se ego, that's what I want your opinion of.

It's not the ethical part that seems ugly, but the outward display of Se that worries me with people. However of ethical types possibly expressing their Se, these kind of impulsive comments can come to me quite unexpectedly. I value Fe so much that Fi seems like a harsh contrast, especially manifested through my POLR.
    Hehe, you would really "love" my FiSe sister.

I somehow think Introverted Ethics egos have a hard time perceiving interpersonal ethics, although that is simply a figure of speech.
    I would say it's the opposite, Fe-egos don't keep the proper psychological distance, while Fi-egos are excellent at that. But this might be about Fi/Fe preference.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Glam, you deleted your message. My answer, yeah I think both can. It just can come wrongly to those people who don't value the information element, especially if they have it as their PoLR.

Actually the thing often with Fe-egos is that they come too strongly in a "warm" way and there's a mismatch to how it's supposed to be.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi & Se egos will not stroke your cock until you earn it first. But Fe & Si egos are the cocksuckers of the socion. Since you like to have your cock sucked both mentally and physically in real life .. (I'd even say this is one of your primary interests in sex), Fi & Se annoys you. You don't want to have to earn cock strokes. You want them to be given out freely. That's what getting your dick sucked is all about. And you love Fe & Si. They are such masters of cocksucking the boss at work. Why do you think that cliche about secretaries sucking the boss's dick exists? Because secretaries are ISFps. The other day this ISFp girl was telling me she really wants a tongue ring. I was like 'why..?'. She said it was cuz tongue rings will help her suck dicks better. ESFjs are cocksuckers too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even tho I'm Fe, I appreciate up-front honesty such as Diana's. And although I do enjoy basking in an Fe atmosphere from time to time, I dislike it when people lie to be "nice" or make fake compliments. I dunno. I like it when people are straightforward about who they are and what they want.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Cyclops

I typically don't find ISFj's harsh irl. They can however make harsh choices, yet seem to have the ability to do it in a way that doesn't make them look bad or ruffle the feathers of the people involved (Fi understanding interpersonal relations helps with this).

I don't particularly see it this way with all of the self-typed ESI's on the forum.