Thread: Subtypes can make Activity relations closer to Dual relations

Hybrid View

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    Subtypes bum me out! As if it's not hard enough to find a dual, now you have to have meshy subtypes TOO? What if you found your dual and then they found your identical and they dug this identicals subtype more than yours?

So fuck subtypes.

Socionics doesn't even say subtypes have an effect on relations.

I agree to a certain extent. I say it depends upon the SEE who I'd get along better with. There are a billion subtypes.

Subtype only works in the sense that you divide into further values and needs. So far the subtype system doesn't do that very well. It does needs, but needs more emphasis on a better divide than just leaning toward the same set of IMs.

However I also realize that would not make them subtypes anymore. My interests lie in figuring out more life values, than what functions are emphasized more. I can get along better with an ESI who has more values alike with me in a marriage, than an SEE who is my subtype who doesn't have as many values shared. That is why lots of relationships are potentially fitting.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    There are a billion subtypes.

Subtype only works in the sense that you divide into further values and needs. So far the subtype system doesn't do that very well. It does needs, but needs more emphasis on a better divide than just leaning toward the same set of IMs.

However I also realize that would not make them subtypes anymore. My interests lie in figuring out more life values, than what functions are emphasized more. I can get along better with an ESI who has more values alike with me in a marriage, than an SEE who is my subtype who doesn't have as many values shared. That is why lots of relationships are potentially fitting.

What's been said in this thread so far has been great... There are a bunch of responses in this thread that I've read multiple times b/c they were so interesting -- Jarno's, aixelsyd's, Azeroff's... Several more posts in this thread... This is the best of this forum, IMO--when we can get discussions going like this.

--

What you write here, polikujm, I've found to be 100% true.

In my experience, there are MANY different permutations of each Sociotype--meaning that each subtype has subtypes (lol.)

Taking SEEs, for example: there is the Elvis Presley archetype, different than the William Shatner archetype, different than the David Lee Roth archetype, different than the Sylvester Stallone archetype, different than the Dennis Kozlowski archetype, different than the Dwight Eisenhower archetype, different than the Ted Kennedy archetype... And on and on, (not even touching upon the equally numerous different female archetypes.)

It's AMAZING how many different archetypes fit under a single Sociotype.

If you're ILI, how do you know which archetype best suits you..? I think your best bet is trial-and-error... Absenting that, I think you've got to look at what you find most attractive and compelling... That's usually a BIG clue as to your subtype preference.

In a relationship, you are 100% right polikujm: shared values trumps all of this.

--

I've found something very interesting in studying subtypes... It's partly related to the topic:

Subtype is not a reliable indicator of social introversion or extroversion.

I've been surprising to learn that in trying to find subtypes I need to concentrate much more on what people say, the content of it, (over a long enough period of time to deduce patterns,) than whether they're outgoing or shy... (I used to just think that if they were shy they were the introverted subtype... You know what I mean?)

I'll continue with the example of SEEs... Former Tyco CEO Dennis Kozlowski clearly emphasizes Se in his personality, much more than he emphasizes Fi. He bears down by force and is physically intimidating. (There are videos of him on Youtube for those who are curious.) He's Se-SEE... And Kozlowski is much more quiet and seemingly socially introverted than, say, Fi-ESFp Bobby Flay, (he's a Food Network Iron Chef.)

In other words, one would think that the "introverted" subtype (in this case, Bobby Flay) would be more socially introverted and vice versa; however: nope... Sometimes yes, but just as often no.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumping this b/c it's a good thread and I think it's really true!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    bumping this b/c it's a good thread and I think it's really true!
    if you've discovered this phenomenon, you must be more aware and confident in your selftyping then the people who have challenged it. So why don't you write IEI again in your signature instead of this beta thing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    if you've discovered this phenomenon, you must be more aware and confident in your selftyping then the people who have challenged it. So why don't you write IEI again in your signature instead of this beta thing.
    I will pm you...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pm me too then baron because I think its silly of you to have changed it too
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not