View Poll Results: What type is Joy?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shut up, you're an ENTp. You've already had 6 threads about your type. Good grief.

17 60.71%
  • I think you could very well be an ESFp.

11 39.29%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Joy an ESFp?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use too much Fi to be an ENTp and too much Ti to be an ESFp...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I didn't say crosstypes don't exist, I said they don't exist in socionics.

And as long as this thread is bumped... I can't fucking figure out the difference between Ti and Te and Fi and Fe. I am typeless. I'll let you know what type I am once I figure out these damned functions.
    Maybe you're socionics "various".

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ENTp. LOL oops.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you mean

people get and confused

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly Joy, I don't know what you are. Your personality from what I've seen isn't always consistent with one type. This could be just your personality or that your waffling so bad over type its affecting the way you act.

I've seen some very ENTp things and some things which stand out to be as not being ENTp. Mostly the 'not' relates to aggression. When I first came here, some of your responses to my posts seemed almost ISTp or INTp in nature. But it was almost like the more you became comfortable with me, the more relaxed you became with me and then I didn't find you aggressive at all...and actually very ENTp like.

Those early responses actually reminded me a bit of my ENFj sister too. She is very bright but her aggression is provoked fairly easily. She'd give you the shirt off her back though and is one of the most loyal people I know so you kind of forgive her moods...there are just so many other great things about her.

There are a few other things that make me think you might be a sensor but I don't even really want to guess. I'm not sure how much knowing your type is actually influencing your behavior rather than the reverse.

Personalities might change and grow but I think it might be helpful for you to go back and think about your child hood and how you grew up and felt while you were growing up. My theory is basically, that we change and grow but our type is actually pretty true for the most part through out our lives. Even if your type changes as an adult, the affect being that type through your childhood has a huge impact on the person you turn out to be.

When I look back, I had a pretty stereotypical female ENTp childhood in many senses (female ENTps have a more difficult time growing up in society than males). Some of my typicalness was... I was extremely independent; I made up my own mind and my parents never did it for me; I was truant in school; despite being very bright my marks were not good; and consistently being called lazy. Despite having much more freedom than most of my friends, I actually had this little part of me that was always a bit more responsible than they were. I saw the logic in calling my parents and telling them where I was, what time I'd be home...etc. etc. even though my parents didn't actually ask me to call.

The bad part of my childhood was that my parents (ESFj and ISTP) were very easily controlled by me. Basically, they could not win any argument so they kind of gave up at a point and let me raise myself. My parents never forced me to do anything...this included doing my homework and going to school. I only went basically when I felt like it.

I'm actually not very close with my family. I have the opinion that they actually encouraged a lot of my bad behavior then scolded me for it and to this day, throw it my face. It makes me very angry.
    For me to have been actually responsible, I'd have to think like an adult as a child...and I was just a child. You give a kid the kind of freedom I had, and they are bound to abuse it.

OH here is another childhood ENTp thing that might be shared by others. Because I was so smart and quick, people treated me like an adult at a young age. Because I was quite tall too, people would often forget that I was indeed still a child. I was just good at appearing more mature than I actually was.

Older people in general (unless they were trying to enforce rules on me that I didn't want) respected me quite a bit. My peers though...disliked me a lot.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polly;

My childhood and adolescence was indeed really similar to yours; my parents never enforced on my anything, mostly because: 1. I was more responsible in comparison to my peers, very hard on myself,and got high grades without them having to say anything - the only complain being that I never do household word - and 2. They could not win any argument, because they both would get emotional trying to argue with me and I would keep smashing and smashing.

Adults, in their way of behaving towards me, are divided into 2 categories:

1. Those that respect me, and talk to me on a "par" level.
    2. Those that paranoidly think I'm being "fake", and "How can he do so many things, there must be a trick". I'll give you an example; there was an ISTj father of a friend of mine which was extrmely suspicious of me. Why? Because I would go out every day with his son, and I still got almost all As throughout high school, whereas his son was a C student. Therefore, he was conviced I was cheating, whereas I simply did all the homework very fast from the moment I came home in order to go out thereafter.

The same categories applies to teachers/professors. I really disliked the fact that some of them wanted me to have "bad" grades, because almost everyone had them. I just wanted to be treated equally, but since they were in a position of authority, I couldn't allow myself to say much out of respect.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find sensing thinkers distrusting of intuition in general. It's frustrating at times. They can sometimes be condescending because they think you are being a flake without realizing its actually intuition at work.

I've had a lot of sensors try to convert me lol. I actually find a lot of people frustrating period. I realize I'm different and I've learned to accept that and even value it (for a long time I really didn't because no one else seemed to). But there are so many people who think they are helping me by trying to get me to be like everyone else.

I find that is one of the reasons I keep my inner circle so small. When I try to explain to people that I need to have certain conditions around me to function at my best, they act like I'm asking for special favors without realizing the HUGE benefits they will receive by allowing me that accommodation.

For example at work, I have more freedom than others and get up and take little walks a lot so I can sit back down and re-focus. To some, this looks like I'm just wasting time. However, if you forced me to sit still that long when I was feeling scattered I would accomplish very little. As it stands, I can carry about 3 times the workload of a lot of employees and don't require any supervision.

Oh, and most importantly...I CAN THINK!. Wow, I work with a lot of people who seem terrified to make a decision or have their own independent thoughts. I hate it when someone doesn't get something done because they ran into a problem and just kind of gave up until someone could come in and rescue them.

Working with an ENTj we had very similar frustrations in the workplace actually. We both had heavy workloads and could be hard on people who we felt were being less than competant and we both had high standards in this regard. The difference between us is that I didn't verbalise those feelings because I thought it sounded to snotty while she had no problems being harsh and people hearing her.

I also don't feel the need to control people either. She would tend to micro-manage things while I would break things up into sectors for people to work on and as long as they got the job done, I didn't feel the need to control their processes at all. I only step in when my assistance is actually required while she wanted to oversee it all.

We were by no means buddies but there was definately a lot of mutual respect.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha...try growing up with an ENTj for a mother and an INFj for a father. Arguments aren't won: they end with weeping and wailing and nashing of teeth, because a) George is apparently an insensitive dickhead who doesn't take other peoples' feelings very seriously (this being said by my father while my mother cries), and b) George's mother is too stubborn to back out of an argument before it gets to the point that she begins to take it personally.

Oh, and I get grounded. Wanna talk about unfair parenting?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

curious george is dead btw. i think he was murdered in his driveway :/
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope.

See my avatar for autopsy summary.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Don't you mean

people get and confused
    no
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Growing up, I had as large a part in raising my brother and sister as my parents did. They're a year and a half and three years younger than me. My parents pretty much did what I told them was a good idea and let me have just about whatever I wanted. They tried being super strict at the same time so there were a lot of odd games. Anyways... Yeah, I'm sticking with ENTp. It doesn't really matter anyways.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to finish this up (maybe?), I thought I'd explain what Einstein has to do with you, Joy.

If Einstein did not experience either of the irrational functions consciously, then accordingly the same phenomenon is happening in every crossed/undifferentiated type, only between different functions. In your case, neither S nor N are differentiated.

What does this mean for you? It means that given a set of sensate ideas ("facts") you concentrate on exploring their possibilities for external interaction. Conversely, given a set of possibilities, you focus on the external facts that underlie them. For example, your "...In bed" thread: you took a popular cachephrase (an external activity pattern that was immediately externally relevant i.e. "real") and set about exploring the possibilities it afforded you for interacting with us. This is a common pattern that I discern in your personality.

You are, thinking extroverted.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345