View Poll Results: Which Oldham type(s) do you identify with best?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adventurous

4 7.84%
  • Aggressive

1 1.96%
  • Artistic

2 3.92%
  • Conscientious

2 3.92%
  • Devoted

1 1.96%
  • Dramatic

1 1.96%
  • Idiosyncratic

7 13.73%
  • Inventive

5 9.80%
  • Leisurely

6 11.76%
  • Mercurial

2 3.92%
  • Self-Confident

0 0%
  • Self-Sacrificing

1 1.96%
  • Sensitive

5 9.80%
  • Serious

5 9.80%
  • Solitary

6 11.76%
  • Vigilant

3 5.88%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oldham Personality Test

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the Oldham styles sound worse than the actual personality disorders they're based on.

I also think this idea isn't really a good way to look for potential healthy personality types. Let's say you have an axis of cyanide poisoning from eating apple seeds. At one end is "you swallowed a couple of apple seeds and don't even notice" and the other is "you're dead" with milder symptoms then hospital visits in-between. Not noticing you swallowed an apple seed isn't a milder form of being dead or even being hospitalized even if they're actually on a continuum.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I couldn't paste my results - I got an error message that I'd posted too many images?

Anyway, my top three were:

Dramatic 17/20
    Leisurely 16/20
    Self-Confident 13/20

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've taken the test before... I'm sensitive 20/20, Serious (18/20) and Leisurely (15/20). I'm basically an overly emotional, depressed slacker. That fits...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took this test:
    https://uquiz.com/BLtJuF/your-person...iz?embed=False

Leisurely Personality Style

Inalienable rights: leisurely men and women believe in their right to enjoy themselves on their own terms in their own time. They value and protect their comfort, their free time, and their individual pursuit of happiness.  Enough is enough: they agree to play by the rules. They deliver what is expected of them and no more. They expect others to recognize and respect that limit.  The right to resist: leisurely individuals cannot be exploited. They can comfortably resist acceding to demands that they deem unreasonable or above and beyond the call of duty.  Mañana: these individuals are relaxed about time. Unlike type A individuals, they are not obsessed by time urgency or the demands of the clock. To these individuals, haste makes waste and unnecessary anxiety. They are easygoing and optimistic that whatever needs to get done will get done, eventually.  I’m okay: they are not overawed by authority. They accept themselves and their approach to life. They are content with their place in the universe. <b>Leisurely style under stress</b>  Procrastinator: puts off things that need to be done so that deadlines are not met.  Irritable: argumentative when asked to do something he or she does not want to do.  Passive‐aggressive: seems to work deliberately slowly or to do a bad job on tasks that he or she really does not want to do.  Sulky: protests without justification, that others make unreasonable demands on him or her.  Sneaky: avoid obligations by claiming to have “forgotten.” Conceited: believes that he or she is doing a much better job than others think he or she is doing.  Stubborn: resents useful suggestions from others concerning how he or she could be more productive.  Irresponsible: obstructs the efforts of others by failing to do his or her share of the work.  Rebellious: unreasonably criticizes or scorns people in positions of authority

How do you compare?
    Here's how your result compares to others:

16% Leisurely Personality Style
    16% Idiosyncratic Personality Style
    12% Mercurial Personality Style
    10% Vigilant Personality Style
    10% Serious Personality Style
    6% Conscientious Personality Style
    6% Sensitive Personality Style
    3% Devoted Personality Style
    3% Solitary Personality Style
    3% Self‐Sacrificing Personality Style
    2% Self‐Confident Personality Style
    2% Dramatic Personality Style
    2% Aggressive Personality Style

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Tried that, got:

Aggressive Personality Style

Command: aggressive individuals take charge. They are comfortable with power, authority, and responsibility. Hierarchy: they operate best within a traditional power structure where everyone knows his or her place and the lines of authority are clear.  Tight ship: they are highly disciplined and impose rules of order that they expect others in their charge to follow.  Expedience: these individuals are highly goal‐directed. They take a practical, pragmatic approach to accomplishing their objectives. They do what is necessary to get the job done.  Guts: they are neither squeamish nor fainthearted. They can function well and bravely in difficult and dangerous situations without being distracted by fear of horror.  The rough‐and‐tumble: these individuals like action and adventure. They are physically assertive and often participate in or enjoy playing competitive sports, especially contact sports. <b>Aggressive style under stress<b/>  Abusive: has used physical cruelty or violence for the purpose of establishing dominance in a relationship.  Sarcastic: humiliates or demeans people in the presence of others.  Cruel: has treated or disciplined someone under his or her control unusually harshly.  Controlling: restricts the autonomy of people with whom he or she has a close relationship.  Intimidating: gets other people to do what he or she wants by frightening them.  Vicious: as lied for the purpose of harming or inflicting pain on others.  Sadistic: amused by, or takes pleasure in, the psychological or physical suffering of others.  Brutal: is fascinated by violence, weapons, martial arts, injury or torture.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Self‐Confident Personality Style

Self‐regard: self‐confident individuals believe in themselves and in their abilities. They have no doubt that they are unique and special and that there is a reason for their being on this planet.  The red carpet: they expect others to treat them well at all times.  Self‐propulsion: self‐confident people are open about their ambitions and achievements. They energetically and effectively sell themselves, their goals, their projects, and their ideas.  Politics: they are able to take advantage of the strengths and abilities of other people in order to achieve their goals, and they are shrewd in their dealings with others.  Competition: they are able competitors, they love getting to the top, and they enjoy staying there.  Dreams: these individuals are able to visualize themselves as the hero, the star, the best in their role, or the most accomplished in their field.  Self‐awareness: these individuals have a keen awareness of their thoughts and feelings and their overall inner state of being.  Poise: people with the self‐confident personality style accept compliments, praise, and admiration gracefully and with self‐possession. <b>Self‐Confident style under stress</b>  Egotistical: Reacts to criticism with feelings of rage, shame or humiliation.  Interpersonally exploitative: takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.  Arrogant: has an exaggerated sense of self‐importance, achievements and talents, expects to be noticed as “special” without appropriate achievement.  Exclusive: believes that his or her problems are unique and can be understood only by other special people.  Preoccupied: with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.  Entitled: unreasonable expectation of especially favorable treatment, e.g., assumes that he or she does not have to wait in line when others must do so.  Insecure: requires constant attention and admiration, e.g., keeps fishing for compliments.  Insensitive: lack of empathy and inability to recognize and experience how others feel, e.g., annoyance and surprise when a friend who is seriously ill cancels a date.  Jealous: is preoccupied with feelings of envy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234