View Poll Results: Do you have favourable interactions?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alpha: Yes, Ephemeros

0 0%
  • Alpha: Yes, hkkmr

3 15.00%
  • Non-Alpha: Yes, Ephemeros

0 0%
  • Non-Alpha: Yes, hkkmr

0 0%
  • Alpha: Yes, both

0 0%
  • Non-Alpha: Yes, both.

0 0%
  • Soylent Greens

2 10.00%
  • I'm SubT

15 75.00%

Thread: SRS Are they in our Quadra?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    We are at a disagreement here Jrxtes about something in particular, which I've argued (slightly) with you before. The difference is that I believe a person expresses all their valued elements behaviorally (in differing quantities and qualities).
    I believe this too, so that can't be the difference. It's more likely that we're working with different definitions of the elements, plus typing someone is always a pretty subjective process.

I use to think it was more like this:

valued - strong
    unvalued - weak

However I came up with something that makes more sense (to me, at least)
    Ego - strong
    Id - primitive
    Super Id - primitive
    Superego - weak
    Actually that's getting surprisingly closer to how I understand it. The valued=strong, unvalued=weak thing always seemed like a neat copout to me. I'd add that that id= strong/primitive, and it'd be fairly consistent with lots of my own understanding.

Are we making progress back to your original beliefs about socionics?

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte
    As little interest as I have in niffweed17's type, Se-PoLR makes a million times more sense than Se ego or DS as well as INTj/IJ > ISFj/INTp, which is based on weird ass humor and videos alone.
    Fair enough if that's your final verdict on his type, but in my mind he'll always be my contrary.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well idk if I'm going back to my "original beliefs", but perhaps we are finding common ground.

Yeah, maybe we do have different elemental descriptions, but in the Ne/Si thread it basically came down to where we were agreeing with eachother.

Its probably a disagreement of what the elements look like when behaviorally expressed.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    well idk if I'm going back to my "original beliefs", but perhaps we are finding common ground.

Yeah, maybe we do have different elemental descriptions, but in the Ne/Si thread it basically came down to where we were agreeing with eachother.
    That's true, we were. Except for your analogy which you reneged, we probably do define the elements fairly (but not perfectly) close enough.

Its probably a disagreement of what the elements look like when behaviorally expressed.
    Bingo! This is it. That's why I get annoyed when people downplay studying the behavioral aspects of socionics. Unless you can look inside someone's mind directly, behavior is the only way to type someone.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep totally agree, but you have to make sure your connecting the right behaviors to the right elements, and that's our falling out.

Maybe we can come to agreement in the future.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What IIIIII don't understand is whyyyyyyyy people (like you DeAnte, just to point fingers, because someone has to be accused, so you're it, but it's okay, I can imply accusation against Archon as well, in a subtle way where you feel like I'm referring to you, but you're not sure, because this makes it more back-stabbing like in nature) seem to conclude that everyone else's typings are based off of all of these assumptions that they have pulled out of other people's heads (because they are telepathic, of course) and then counter these assumptions to point out the true typings of people as if it is what everyone else thinks.

Case in point:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte
    which is based on weird ass humor and videos alone.
    Is it now?

It would almost make more sense to create a User Assumptions Accusations List on Wikisocion or something where you list each user/poster and what you feel are their misguided assumptions. Oh, the wars everyone would fight on the discussion page. Sigh.

I'm just pointing out a missed opportunity.

My point is... 1. If you're going to be the thought police, do it right. 2. Be very careful before you go assuming things about what others are or are not assuming? Before trying to attribute a whole bunch of things to their motivations. Yes there is some transparency, but interpretations are falliable.

OH, and also 3. It's insulting. Why would "everyone" think that someone was a type based on something like a weird sense of humor alone? Is everyone an idiot but you? No one is able to think about things further than that? Really? How interesting.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it somewhat unnerving that over 80% of voters are subT.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    I find it somewhat unnerving that over 80% of voters are subT.
    Now you know how I feel all the time!

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    What IIIIII don't understand is whyyyyyyyy people (like you DeAnte, just to point fingers, because someone has to be accused, so you're it, but it's okay, I can imply accusation against Archon as well, in a subtle way where you feel like I'm referring to you, but you're not sure, because this makes it more back-stabbing like in nature) seem to conclude that everyone else's typings are based off of all of these assumptions that they have pulled out of other people's heads (because they are telepathic, of course) and then counter these assumptions to point out the true typings of people as if it is what everyone else thinks.

Case in point: Is it now?

It would almost make more sense to create a User Assumptions Accusations List on Wikisocion or something where you list each user/poster and what you feel are their misguided assumptions. Oh, the wars everyone would fight on the discussion page. Sigh.

I'm just pointing out a missed opportunity.

My point is... 1. If you're going to be the thought police, do it right. 2. Be very careful before you go assuming things about what others are or are not assuming? Before trying to attribute a whole bunch of things to their motivations. Yes there is some transparency, but interpretations are falliable.
    Umm....what?

Are you suggesting that I'm suggesting that nearly everyone on the forum is mistyped? I am not. Though there are quite a few people on the forum who are mistyped IMO.

I also don't make assumptions that everyone agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    OH, and also 3. It's insulting. Why would "everyone" think that someone was a type based on something like a weird sense of humor alone? Is everyone an idiot but you? No one is able to think about things further than that? Really? How interesting.
    I'm not sure if you're asking me why I would type someone based on a "weird sense of humor alone" or why I disagree with typings which others here agree with. Maybe both.

Anyways, I disagree with others because we have different ideas on how information elements manifest, etc.

Reading your posts makes me want to shit on your keyboard. And yes, most people are idiots. Especially if they think ISFj is a more reasonable typing for niffweed17 than INTj.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Reading your posts makes me want to shit on your keyboard. And yes, most people are idiots. Especially if they think ISFj is a more reasonable typing for niffweed17 than INTj.
    Someone doesn't understand the Se IJ types too well.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Reading your posts makes me want to shit on your keyboard.
    yeah, I didn't read your post right.