Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annoying Ne

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Actually, they probably would understand, since this is how it operates with their Si-ego pals. The Ne-ego throws suggestions out there, and Si-egos pick one (or are advised as to the optimum ones) and run with it.
    This is why I like IXEs so much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    ..... They throw out unprocessed ideas, I pick down the one I see as being useful, and process it so it gets realistic.
    Whoooaaaa ..... what a paragon of level headed pragmatic behaviour ... and all this from an IEI ! .... A legend in her own fantasy.... all thats needed is just one supportive comment from any LIE out there and i'll be genuinely moved ......
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You obviously felt offended
    Uhmmm ... let me think about it? ... thinking .... thinking .... thinking ...and even a little bit of feeling ...... Nope i was not offend, i was simply bemused by the self absorbed nature of your comment.

maybe it touched a complex in you...?
    Maybe .. Maybe not ... who knows ? You wouldn't be "projecting" now would you?

Do you know any IEIs? Have you ever worked with any?
    Yes, Yes .... very very many.

......I'm a lot more focused and responsible than any IXEs I know .....The same goes for most other IEIs ...... It's annoying especially since it leaves me in the position where I am forced to tie up all the loose ends ..............Ne is DAMN annoying for me - it exhausts me, and feels irresponsible and shallow.
    Pot calling the kettle black ? ...... any LIEs out there willing to second the pragmatic nature and productivity of IEI's?
    ILE

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You obviously felt offended, so maybe it touched a complex in you...?

Do you know any IEIs? Have you ever worked with any?

I might love my fantasies, but in professional matters I'm a lot more focused and responsible than any IXEs I know. The same goes for most other IEIs, so I'm not unique. They all tend to get irritated with the avoidant nature of IEEs, for example. I am married to a very intelligent ILE, but the same problem is present in him - he wants to have fun > solving problems. Annoying. (but ... at times amusing). It's annoying especially since it leaves me in the position where I am forced to tie up all the lose ends he leaves behind, or else things crashes in the family, and let's say that's not something I find interesting - I'd rather spend time on my "fantasies" as you put it, than on following him around to finish what he starts. Thus Ne is DAMN annoying for me - it exhausts me, and feels irresponsible and shallow.
    That's strange, for me problem solving is how I have fun a lot of the time. When I'm at work, it's problem solving that charges me and I have a reputation for being a dynamic and creative solution-finder. My job is basically to design projects that will solve problems.

Now, if you want me to deal with personal problems, then I'll kick into avoidance over drive. When it comes to things that stress me out or make me seriously uncomfortable, then I'm a persistent avoider. But objective problems? Fun, fun and more fun.

Not finishing what I start, yeah, that's a bit of a problem. That said, if you slap a strict deadline on me and say "it has to get done" then I thrive and I produce with intense efficiency.

I'm really tempted to get defensive and start pointing out all the flaws in Ni that I see, but I don't think that actually gets us anywhere. All the elements come with their strengths and weaknesses, otherwise we would all get along together in a hunky dory universe where things never clash. However, instead of focussing on the negative aspects, isn't it more productive to figure out how you can use those things to your advantage?

@ OP:

Quote Originally Posted by BnD
    'What if' thinking is bogus. Stop dealing in potentialities all the time. We can only deal with reality one step at a time. You are acting like something is true when it's not. It's just wishful thinking.
    This...isn't even Ne? If anything that's Ni. Ne deals with individual potentials, breaking down a certain abstract, discursive quality to static events and objects.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might love my fantasies, but in professional matters I'm a lot more focused and responsible than any IXEs I know. The same goes for most other IEIs, so I'm not unique. They all tend to get irritated with the avoidant nature of IEEs, for example. I am married to a very intelligent ILE, but the same problem is present in him - he wants to have fun > solving problems. Annoying. (but ... at times amusing). It's annoying especially since it leaves me in the position where I am forced to tie up all the lose ends he leaves behind, or else things crashes in the family, and let's say that's not something I find interesting - I'd rather spend time on my "fantasies" as you put it, than on following him around to finish what he starts. Thus Ne is DAMN annoying for me - it exhausts me, and feels irresponsible and shallow.
    Well, you're expecting someone else (i.e. - your partner) to provide the Se, and he's expecting someone else to provide the Si. Of course it's annoying. He's forcing you to use your weak functions. I experience the same thing with Ne and Ni people, even my mirrors and identicals.

This is probably a good point. I personally like having IXEs around in brain storming sessions, as long as some Ni-valuing person leads the meeting and cuts them off when they go "space ship". IXE's ideas can spark my Ni. They throw out unprocessed ideas, I pick down the one I see as being useful, and process it so it gets realistic.
    But the ironic thing is, your definition of 'realistic' will probably be very different from my definition of 'realistic' because we view different aspects of the situation as malleable.
    IEE

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this stuff
    *high fives*

I feel much the same way about Ni. For instance, when I talk to my mom about things she has a tendency to basically tell me the fallout that she forsees in my actions. I find that really annoying because experimenting and living in the moment is what fuels my inspiration. However, this tendency can also be really handy too. When I need advice and I'm checking to make sure I haven't missed something in my own attempts to Ni a problem, I always go to my mom for help. She's an excellent resource

As for IEI stereotypes, they're silly. The same way that a lot of ILE stereotypes are silly. That's not to say there isn't a ring of truth in them, but generalizing in an attack is a little lacking in wisdom.

I have a love hate relationship with IEIs. Sometimes they are awesome; for instance I adore their competitive spirit, they're always good for a challenge, and a lot of IEIs have a hilariously snide sense of humour. However, they can also really piss me off. Some of the IEIs I know are like sulky children when they can't get their way. They're also enormously arrogant at times. But if you want one, you take the other with it
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXACTLY! You understood me!

I can't describe Ne objectively, as I have a subjective feel for it, just as I have a subjective feel for my Ni.

This is, imo, a big problem in Socionics, as a lot of the theories are written by Ne-valuing people, so that I almost feel offended by the descriptions of my own valued functions. I get perfectly how the opposite will be true also.

I think you would have really liked the conversation MysticSonic and I had about this last night. We were discussing how Ne/Si and Se/Ni should be juxtaposed as creating the same process.

In summary:

We talked about how Se feeds Ni's immediate needs and Ni deals with long-term fallouts for Se. Both of them are inherently entwined. The difference is that Se doesn't consciously use Ni and Ni doesn't consciously use Se. Similarily Ne feeds Si's immediate needs and Si deals with the long-term fallout for Ne. So when an Ne and an Ni get together this is what happens.

Ne is trying to act on immediate (static) needs. However, it is addressing the same realm of information (internal) as Ni. Ni wants to use static information to project forward (preferably Se). So when the two get together they feel like the other is trying to do both their job and their compliment's job, which is slightly offensive and kind of annoying. Ni says "Dude, get to the facts, let me do the planning and abstract thinking." Meanhile Ne says "Dude, I know it can go together a thousand different ways, I need you to tell me how it does go together." Sometimes that can actually work out well, but you need to make sure you're not looking for the external business when dealing with each other.

It's like when you're at work and you're trying to do your job. You need some information from someone so you go to talk to them. When you ask them your question, instead of just giving you a simple answer, they almost baby talk you by explaining the answer in the form of doing your job for you. That pisses you off because you weren't confused about your job, you know damn well how to do it. You were just missing some information necessary to get it done.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coolsauce, I'm always up for some intellectual and socionics-related discussion with people who aren't acting like bitches <3
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12