Thread: Explain your PoLR with examples thread

Hybrid View

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk this is probably bad T in general, but whenever I’m asked to compare prices between cars, hotels, flights....anything of that nature, I panic a little bit because I really don’t know what to pick, what the better deal is. I guess if there is other people involved and I have to pick a hotel I’m worried about picking a bad deal and everyone getting pissed about it. I’d rather not have to deal with it and the blame and responsibility go to someone else lol

I would usually just go with whatever I want and am not that picky about what others choose, but I hate when people pick apart and are critical of my choices because it was a bad deal or whatever.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster
    Idk this is probably bad T in general, but whenever I’m asked to compare prices between cars, hotels, flights....anything of that nature, I panic a little bit because I really don’t know what to pick, what the better deal is. I guess if there is other people involved and I have to pick a hotel I’m worried about picking a bad deal and everyone getting pissed about it. I’d rather not have to deal with it and the blame and responsibility go to someone else lol

I would usually just go with whatever I want and am not that picky about what others choose, but I hate when people pick apart and are critical of my choices because it was a bad deal or whatever.
    Classic Te polr, I think more typical in IEI. Fittingly, comparing and selecting best deals is something I do all the time automatically, I never go for the first offer without checking it is actually a good deal.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post

@Braingel what do you think of this post? Relate at all?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ni-Fi-Ti link
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    @Braingel what do you think of this post? Relate at all?
    I have not had experience with that stuff, but when I go to a store, I never really keep track of price unless I feel it is excess, and then I intuitively moderate with what is cheaper, and will prioritize the items with what is needed most and eliminate what I don’t need. I mostly just use my intuition, and 9/10 times, I always have the exact amount of needed money somehow. It happens so often, where I have say, 22$ bucks, and the total is 21 something, and I don’t normally pay attention. But I don’t really otherwise have any experience with finances at all and don’t even have a debit card or my own bank account. I don’t deal with bills or anything..

I just focus on what I feel I need, but I do often seem get a bunch of stuff I do not really need, which can show weak Te in evaluating efficiency, but then again, money is not yet a concern for me.

I think the most noticeable aspect in my Te PolR is with sources and with my failure of efficiency (as well as extreme difficulty with external organization).

My parents and grandpa numerous times have told me I have no concept with money at all, and I have impulsively gotten things online before, which is why they don’t let me have debit card, I used to have one. Then they always complain how I leave money in sacks and crumpled up on the floor. And they always complain how it is wrinkled.

Me not being as productive and trying advance to be able get towards independence is another thing showing poor Te. I mean it is not that uncommon for my age, but still, you do see some heavier Te types who are very efficient, even at younger age. But some of it surely is just being younger.
    Last edited by Braingel; 07-17-2021 at 08:02 AM.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits