Hybrid View

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Lol I always do dishes this way too. I live alone though, and the idea of wasting water never even occurred to me. Like I'll just pay for the extra water. It's not that big of a deal really
    Wheww

Well I don’t feel so bad about it now lol. Tbh though I didn’t realize so many people did it that way, too. Everyone I know fills up the sink. Could be some midwestern old-timey Great Depression lingering thing around here, maybe.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Wheww

Well I don’t feel so bad about it now lol. Tbh though I didn’t realize so many people did it that way, too. Everyone I know fills up the sink. Could be some midwestern old-timey Great Depression lingering thing around here, maybe.

My mother and grandmother (midwesterners both) filled up the divided sink with water. Soapy water on the left, rinse water on the right.

I started out doing dishes that way, too, but then I thought, If I want to save water, lets find out how much I use. So I washed a set of dishes with the water running into an empty but plugged sink, and found that the amount I used didn't fill the sink. So, filling the sinks uses more water than letting it run from the tap over the dishes.

This validates your method, @aster.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My mother and grandmother (midwesterners both) filled up the divided sink with water. Soapy water on the left, rinse water on the right.

I started out doing dishes that way, too, but then I thought, If I want to save water, lets find out how much I use. So I washed a set of dishes with the water running into an empty but plugged sink, and found that the amount I used didn't fill the sink. So, filling the sinks uses more water than letting it run from the tap over the dishes.

This validates your method, @aster.
    Well, this depends on the speed of the cleaner and the... how much water you let running. Sorry, my english doesn't cover chores much, lol.
    And not everyone fills the whole sink. We would put a little soapy water in the sink to start and turn on and off the running water to rinse so the water level would go up, cleaning smaller dishes first and moving on to the bigger and dirtier stuff when I was a kid. Likely to add soap on the way.