Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
I'm pretty sure at this point that I am Fi PoLR because:

- I can't form relationships and get close to people very well. When I try and do that, it ends in total disaster.

- I literally freak out at people forcing me to get close to them.

- I'm not comfortable letting people in, or in one-on-one, close conversations.

- I'm not great and gauging/manipulating relationships.

- All my relationships are transactional in some form.

- I end up accidentally offending people more often than I should.

- I lose contact with people fast because I can't maintain relationships for long (any form).

I mean, some of the aspects of Fe PoLR could apply to me too, but I'm not totally devoid of group atmopsheres and group participation and I can lighten up in groups and crack some jokes. It's much easier to go in group settings socially than it is in intimate, one-on-one sessions where you're expected to talk about close things, relationships and your feelings. In a group setting, you can blend in, and you don't have to take the lead. It's easier.
Strange because I relate to all of this except I tend to be awkward in groups unless it's a group of people I've known for a while, like a group of coworkers. I have considered ILE for myself but I'm not clever the way many ILEs are with finding unusual connections on the fly but I like cracking jokes when there is a friendly group atmosphere without things getting too edgy, if one would call it that.
But people trying to establish closeness is generally makes me feel icky.