Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Explain your PoLR with examples thread

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder what duals think of each other's polrs.....
    how an iei would react to fi polr: AHHHHAAAHHAHHHAAAA that was so rude on so many levels....BUT SO FUNNY!!!!!!! ...now i have to go act sorry for the person you just insulted...

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoLRs with examples:
    Fe: Unable to form a smile.
    Fi: Doesn't have feelings.
    Te: Can't open a door.
    Ti: Can't count to two.
    Se: Paralyzed
    Ne: Has no imagination.
    Ni: Has no clue.
    Si: Will starve to death without ever realizing hunger.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rafaeli View Post
    i wonder what duals think of each other's polrs.....
    I think they attract easily. It's part of the thing. I find women trying to open the door the wrong way to be quite attractive.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Constructive criticism / other perspectives welcomed, just some ideas I had from my observations:

Lack of emotional involvement:
    Fe PoLR - may seem attractively cool-headed and aloof; wears the social mask of individuality and practices "marching to one's own drum"; may be criticized for lethargic disinterest in people, inability to register emotions, or social tactlessness.

Fi PoLR - may seem attractively unstirred and unaffected; wears the social mask of self-confidence and doesn't let lifestyle and decision-making be complicated by the juggling of others' feelings and sensitivities; may be criticized for acts of social infidelity and insensitivity.

Lack of physical involvement:
    Se PoLR - may seem attractively unconfrontational and accommodating; wears the social mask of civility and "turning the other cheek"; may be criticized for unwillingness to be openly direct, obstructionism & ambiguity, and meekness.

Si PoLR - may seem attractively disheveled and heedless; wears the social mask of dignity and being too important & pre-occupied to handle menial tasks; may be criticized for lack of social aesthetic, unavailability, and impatience.

Working on the others but it needs thinking about.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My boyfriend doesn't like a woman who manipulates her will on him. This behavior tends to want him to act rationally, to reach out and ask how he can fix her problems, when all she wants to do is to have the upper hand. I naturally don't care about what people do with their time and money and I like my independence; because of these things, I neither put emotional/manipulative pressures on my boyfriend nor do I have need or concern to think of these things.

An example of someone who will impose their will on you is making their partner go on a diet for them. By saying, "I would be more attracted to you if you lost weight."

I should complete this thought...What I do, instead, is I make him think of people and because of the way I am and the way I say things, they cause him to take more pride in his health and personal self thereby encouraging actions towards his health from within his on conscience. I would say, "Try some delicious veggies. They've got loads of vitamins and they will give you lots of energy."

Never criticize a human being, instead encourage them to be their best. That's an Fi/Ti rule of mine.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 12-03-2011 at 04:34 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....Being an asshole, I wouldn't say is type specific although certain types may be more prone to that sort of behavior. Generally, I think where people get confused is when -T-, whether it be Te or Ti is applied. Especially when those who value F over T, they'll probably see the person using T as being hostile, when infact the person is just being constructive. People may confuse this with the POLR instead, although ones POLR is still important in the equation.

You can see this in the chat with me....when I say something, I know exactly how its going to affect others...but since I value the truth, or my Ti, over everything else I don't care as much and say it anyways. Then people take it for face value, they only see the T and not F, they can only see whats in text which isn't accompanied by the nuances and expressions and whatnot in real life. And they think im being hostile.

Just a thought.

Fi-POLR for me is simply being awkward in expressing my own feelings....I know Fi all to well, I just can't openly acknowledge it because that would make me vulnerable.

On the other hand I like everybody else to express they're feelings, usually the positive ones, I want them to be happy.
    Last edited by Leader; 01-25-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LSI Ne-PoLR. The "uncertainty", the unstable axiomatic basis ("moving target", "flavor of the month") is interfering with their understanding of the system.

Edit: I've later realized that these quotes are attributable to Causal-Determinist cognitive style (that belongs to types LSI, EII, ILE, SEE) rather than than Ne-PoLR.

... this is why socionics is so confusing. for some people it means one thing, for another something else. there needs to be a set description with no chance for uncertainty
    taken from a forum discussion:

- I think here lies the problem with the system Sleepy. There has been no consistent principle put forth in the past five years, of how the system actually works. Frankly I thought Socionics was a good theory until baseless arguments begin on how the system works.

- This again seems to be the modus operandi for most that follow Socionics, in attempting to argue with a moving target as a basis. Socionics will be whatever the person observing it wants it to be at the moment. For that reason how can you argue a theory that has no basic principles? There is no model to follow. Not only does a discussion between MBTI vs Socionics stop being an apple/orange argument, it now becomes a fruit/vegetable discussion. I have said more than once to Socionic enthusiasts, want to make a viable argument? Then come up with an agreeable basis of what Socionics is.

- I know that MBTI does not take all 8 functions into consideration, only focusing on the four and claiming the 4th function as the weakest. That's not what Jung implied in his theory. I also know what Augusta implied in her theory, but arguing anything other than her specific theory is an apple/orange disagreement which simply means Socionics enthusiasts are not arguing Socionics, they're arguing the flavor of the month. So until an argument of what truly represents Socionics is made, and not some spin-off, the argument is not about Socionics.

-Jung has a specific model of how functions work and what functions can follow one another. So whomever comes closest to patterning their theory on his principle is probably more accurate whereas the other simply hijacked an existing theory and trying to pass it off for legitimacy.
    Last edited by silke; 10-29-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i just came in here to say the same thing siuntal said ha.

siuntal where are those quotes from?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very good example of Fi-PoLR, although Larry Ellison is a different person (than me) and besides I type him SLE, I put that as "my PoLR" because I argued against this nonsensical hype in the same manner. Interestingly enough, Oracle (and Ellison) has embraced this marketing notion and personally I know a SLE CEO who is a big fun of cloud-based technology. That means Fi-PoLR does not mean anti-cloud, in case someone gets me wrong. Anyway, here's the transcript and then the audio, I put in dark red what is IMO still Fi-PoLR just in correlation with Se-Base:
    Sure. Well thank you very much for that question because cloud computing uh... the interesting thing about cloud computing, it is either going to be or already is the most important computing architecture in the world because we've redefined cloud computing to include everything that we currently do. So it already achieved dominance in the industry, I mean I can't think of anything that isn't cloud computing... with all of these announcements. I have to say that the only way I can understand the computer industry, the computer industry is more fashion-driven than women's fashion. Uh the you know, I mean, cloud computing, I remember I was reading W and I found, I read, that orange is the new pink. And cloud is the new SaaS, uh or you know virt... cloud is a new virtualization, it is the most *nonsensical*... I mean I read these articles, I have no idea what people... then maybe I'm an idiot. I have *no idea* what anyone is talking about. I mean it's really just complete gibberish. Cloud computing is... Google mail is cloud computing, ok and then Marc Benioff says SaaS is cloud computing. Uh... I mean what is it? What is it? Is it "oh, I'm gonna access data on a server on the internet", that's cloud computing? And then there's the definition "what's cloud computing?" It's using a computer that's out there. [...] These people who are writing this crap are "out there". They're insane! I mean the fact that... I mean you read... it it's the stupidest... look, I've been through this I mean open-source, "open source is gonna destroy our business so there will be nothing but open-source, we're out of business", but it was PCs were gonna destroy mians... many computers is gonna destroy mainframes, PCs is gonna destroy many computers, open-source is gonna blow destroy standard, everything is gonna be delivered, all software is gonna be delivered as a service... when is this *idiocy* gonna stop?! I mean after this's(?) a very long time. There's still mainframes. That was the first industry that was gonna be destroyed, and watching mainframes being destroyed is like watching a glaciar melt. I mean even global warming is taking hell of a long time. What the hell is cloud computing? So, you know, whatever, we'll make cloud computing announcements because you know, if orange is the new pink we'll make orange blouses. I mean I'm not gonna fight this thing. But you know "oh yeah, yeah, ok fine, we'll do some clo... well maybe doing an ad". Uh, I don't understand what we would do differently in the light of cloud computing, other than mark... you know change the wording of some of our ads. It it's, it's crazy... So I dunno, that's my view.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    i just came in here to say the same thing siuntal said ha.

siuntal where are those quotes from?
    The first quote I'd rather remain anonymous. The second one is by Functianalyst from PerC forum. He types himself as ISTj by socionics.

Which parts from those quotes resonate with you?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Which parts from those quotes resonate with you?
    all of them, except the part about needing one set description because i don't really think thats much better (it would be a lot easier, but not better). its either a choice between swallowing the dogma of one set description or person that doesn't adequately represent reality or creating your own understanding that will be unique to you, thus becoming completely pointless because everybody is offering up their own perspectives as the obvious truth. its not the subjectivity of it all that bothers me - or it wouldnt be if it was honest - what bothers me is that its everybody's subjectivity masquerading as something absolute. people arguing over whether so-and-so is ILE or IEE like its something "real" beyond their own heads, as if the functions and elements are anything more than just words and tools to represent traits and not the actual traits themselves.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, I understand where Functianalyst is coming from so I relate to those quotes too. It's really annoying when you're trying to have a legitimate conversation with someone about the IEs when you have to find the common ground between "X function is Y" and "no X function is Z." There's no way understanding of the system can proliferate when everybody thinks they understand it yet still can't communicate with anybody else.

I'm not sure what is meant by "flavor of the month" though. I envision it as trying to understand something by looking at it from a different perspective each time. I do this a lot, but it seems more holographic-panoramic vs causal-determinist than anything else.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I found out how hurtful Fi-PoLR can be found by some, when one takes things too personally. This ILE at my workplace (who one may call confident, slightly arrogant and hasty) came whirlwind to me suggesting that my changes broke the build. Presumably the files I changed *could* be used by the build system [1], although I was believing otherwise (a separate package, etc). At one point I told this guy "Steve said my changes are good" moment the ILE jumped up and shouted at me "I don't give a fuck what Steve says!". But I didn't mean to use that name as an argument, but rather as an indicative that that experienced headquarters guy who was apparently in chage to correct the system considered my changes fine. But yeah, lesson learned: don't make appeal to authority, belief or trust in another person to the detriment of your own reason, even when unintentional, when you try to justify something to an ILE. I then explained my choices and he made a successful test few hours later, and that was about it.

off-topic, something more about this guy: the incident was pretty cool and although expected, still fascinating in a way (you know, the "It's alive!" moment). I like the chap, although short on patience and sometimes irritated, he does not keep grudges and I always go to him to ask for help, though sometimes he rejects people abruptly - in some moments it feels like he does not remember meeting you before. Just come back to him 10 minutes later and he may welcome you with open arms. He becomes assertive when you present him a challenging problem even when he has something else to do - except those moments when he ignores you, of course.
    ---

[1] - although he didn't know for sure either.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    don't make appeal to authority, belief or trust in another person to the detriment of your own reason, even when unintentional, when you try to justify something to an ILE.
    Sad, but true.

edited to add:
    It's way worse when we're excited about something or think we're being clever as well and don't get recognition for it. Sort of like a kid throwing a tantrum because "GOD MOM. You NEVER let me do what I WANT!"
    Last edited by FoxOnStilts; 01-30-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post

Lack of physical involvement:

Si PoLR - may seem attractively disheveled and heedless; wears the social mask of dignity and being too important & pre-occupied to handle menial tasks; may be criticized for lack of social aesthetic, unavailability, and impatience.
    + Unconscious inclination towards braving harsh conditions or the tendency to look like it(better describes the disheveled-ness).
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can't effectively determine how I come off to others or what amount of pressing my issue has made any impact to how people think and feel about the issues I speak about. I can't adequately enforce my will on to others. I have even energy but it's always very low, inactive and not impulsive or spontaneous, which means that I often stay in and don't have enough energy to go off and do "fun" things. Because of this, I often push issues too far, or end up offending other inadvertently, but I never mean harm or ill by my behavior; actually, I'm the kind of person who will be the first one to help if asked. I have that need to help people and humanity drive. Most of my passionate speaking is really trying to reach people who I feel are not being heard or convinced by me because I can't push my will on them effectively. I can come off quite aggressive, or sounding so, but if you looked at me in person, judge from my tinyness, my quiet demeanor, you couldn't possibly take that seriously, and that probably helps to answer why I'm not taken seriously, because I'm too small, fragile, look like I'm not threat. I can just be a BIG TALKER sometimes.

Shopping for household goods and food is a major problem for me.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-03-2012 at 04:20 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An example of Se PoLR:

As compared to an ISFj friend of mine, I seem less aware of my physical surroundings as compared to her. She seems to remember vividly the details of every item someone is wearing: colour, texture, design etc, and I don't really recall these details after not looking at them for awhile as I tend to look at someone as a whole rather than paying attention to these details.

When we were been asked for directions by others or were driving to reach a certain place, she could recall all the objects at certain turnings e.g. what one would expect to see before making a turn to the next street, whereas I can only remember a few important landmarks which serve as a main guide for directions.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ Unconscious inclination towards braving harsh conditions
    You mean living conditions?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You mean living conditions?
    I mean in general, but yeah, living conditions could fall under that. That's probably more relevant and evident on a daily basis.

Not directing significant attention towards securing and fortifying your environmental needs and suitabilities etc
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoLR : Law and Order

Even while being questioned by detectives for a criminal investigation, people still are too busy to stop what their doing. "e.g. moving boxes, walking and talking"
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoLR : Law and Order

Even while being questioned by detectives for a criminal investigation, people still are too busy to stop what their doing. "e.g. moving boxes, walking and talking"
    This is just how screen blocking works. It's not exciting if there's no movement.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it's hypersensitivity towards situations that I feel require force and assertiveness, or on evaluating actions I've done in regards to that. I might joke around with the people who I work with and then later on wonder if part of the interaction made me appear too soft, perhaps weak, when that probably wasn't the case at all. I've learned to just ignore that voice in my head, but it's there. I often feel shitty when I have conversations with this SEE classmate/coworker because he's always talking about something that I have close to zero interest or no clue of, but then I go "should I know what he knows? Why don't I care about this in the least bit but it sounds important?" Stuff like political struggles, wanting to get ahead in terms of power positions, topics that are both Te and Se related. I also feel shitty whenever I compare myself to some Se egos, like they are grabbing life by the balls while I'm my bed's bitch, wanting 8-10 hours of sleep. Though when it comes to things regarding applied intuition I do consider myself to have the upper hand (yeah, I went there lol).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean in general, but yeah, living conditions could fall under that. That's probably more relevant and evident on a daily basis.

Not directing significant attention towards securing and fortifying your environmental needs and suitabilities etc
    Yeah, I can see that.

By the way, you seem to be a bit fixated on PoLR?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, I can see that.

By the way, you seem to be a bit fixated on PoLR?
    Well this one was random: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post845204

But your response to it got me thinking about PoLRs again for this post and I've been watching Law and Order lately...

Not sure if two posts amount to fixation though lol.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    That describes me quite well too - it might just be a result of general weak Se. I walk into chairs a lot too, and barely noticed when a car ran a red light and headed straight for me last week (and also barely noticed a guy yelling at me to get out of the way...).
    I don't think it is the same thing as what Eunice said. In her case seeing only the "main part" of the things, in your case not being attentive. I think that what she said can be related to weak Sensing but because of my experience, I would say that your example is not.

I know several Sensory types who are head-in-coulds like that. There is this SLE mate I have who is self-absorbed and not paying attention to his environment, however when there is something that somewhat interests him, he is skillful at noticing details and what they mean, not only physical, but also in what is said. I find him - but also other Se-Base types - a bit "not minding his business" in a way, somewhat intruding, as they can tell you some novel things about your status, for example if you have slept well or not, or whether you have cash or not on you, and so on. I work with him in the same building for the time being and I often ask him how the hell did he knew that and he tells me, finding out how "interested" in some "trivial" details he is, though how useful those details can be sometimes - for instance finding out when people are up to something.

In my current knowledge, the type-related cognition has not much to do with physical awareness (as in noticing details), though I can see how a Sensory type could mark the detailed observation of one's environment as important, but then again, it is not mandatory.

Anyway, I don't think Eunice' example is necessarily Se-PoLR, but rather Ne Ego. I am the same way and I used to ask myself related existential questions since I was 13 y.o. or less. I remember I was contemplating other children in the playground, noticing that they appear to be more involved in the concrete world, suspecting they live their life more completely than I do, to me real life was somewhat abstract and distant, like in a dream, with rare moments of clarity. I asked these "here-and-now" people about their memories, trying to find out whether they are as vague as mine, but it seems that they don't even understand the question. As I got older, this difference seemed to decrease, the adults are busier, they have more things to do and think of, at the same time I consciously stripped a lot of useless bullshit (like chronic daydreaming) off my mind .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    ESC, give me attention plz
    lol You know, I think I spoil you.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't flatter yourself dude, I was just asking you a straightforward question.
    As if I don't know how you operate by now. haha, yeah right, dude
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwInjLLZZJw
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te polr in IEI:

We bought some loose tobacco from a small shop in Bremen. For some reason they didn't have any of the brands we usually smoke in Finland, so we picked one at random got something that was supposed to be much stronger than what we're used to. We rolled a few cigarettes and went out for a smoke. After a while the IEI asked me if it worked for me as she didn't find it strong at all. I thought it was really heavy (I could only smoke half of my cig) so I took a whiff of hers and realised she had managed to leave a wee gap between the filter and the tobacco and that's why it didn't work.

Also, the next day she bought a bottle of beer that had a crown cork, but didn't have a bottle opener so she tried to open it by swirling her shoe lace around the cork and twitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statements such of these drive me mad sometimes:
    "Bertrand Russell famously rejected Frege's sense-reference distinction"
    "In Saul Kripke's famous Naming and Necessity lectures,"
    "The sense-reference distinction is commonly confused with that between connotation and denotation, which predates Frege and is famously interpreted by Mill."
    Note: all these three statements were made on the same page on Wikipedia: Sense and Reference. Let alone when they speak of Einstein and other such celebrities. Fi-Egos, ESI in particular, should not be allowed by law to write scientific or philosophical material - though they should be allowed to write humanistic essays based on them, just in different time and place.

I also hate everything that starts with "it is commonly believed". As we were, should I start about my problem with the "dark matter" again?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    And what if the bridge is out?

I don't like claiming something that hasn't happened yet is a fact. If you turn out to be wrong, you're almost a false prophet.
    Ni-PoLR

This is the opposite of how I feel usually. Certain things are bound to reoccur, it's almost inevitable, so one can announce them with a good amount of certainty.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm basically not observant at all. I don't notice how my body language or the look on my face are coming across, and I get self-conscious if people accuse me of being boring. I've been told I seem very rude sometimes without meaning to--my attention is just not directed outwards at all most of the time and that offends some people, especially Fe-egos. I can be very up-beat and playful, but unless I know someone, my default mode is non-invasive, which makes me seem snobby. When someone comes at me with too much Se, I pretty much always overreact in an "I want that fucker dead" kind of way. I've been working in retail for years so I'm not the meek little mouse I used to be. Basically, I'm not really "soft" anymore, but I'm not confident in my assertiveness either. I'm clumsy and sometimes oblivious.

The other day I was talking to an ILI and I realized something else as well. I think that "respect" might be Se-related. I've noticed that Se-valuers automatically respect people who are stronger than they are, whereas strength doesn't figure into my opinion of a person much at all. I might admire them but it doesn't influence how I feel about them. Based on how others treat me (and those around them), I either like them or I don't like them and that's about it. If I see them use their strength to protect others, I might TRUST them more, but "respect" seems like such a distancing term to me. I think the hierarchy I perceive is very different that the hierarchy Se-valuers do.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    I'm basically not observant at all. I don't notice how my body language or the look on my face are coming across, and I get self-conscious if people accuse me of being boring. I've been told I seem very rude sometimes without meaning to--my attention is just not directed outwards at all most of the time and that offends some people, especially Fe-egos. I can be very up-beat and playful, but unless I know someone, my default mode is non-invasive, which makes me seem snobby. When someone comes at me with too much Se, I pretty much always overreact in an "I want that fucker dead" kind of way. I've been working in retail for years so I'm not the meek little mouse I used to be. Basically, I'm not really "soft" anymore, but I'm not confident in my assertiveness either. I'm clumsy and sometimes oblivious.

The other day I was talking to an ILI and I realized something else as well. I think that "respect" might be Se-related. I've noticed that Se-valuers automatically respect people who are stronger than they are, whereas strength doesn't figure into my opinion of a person much at all. I might admire them but it doesn't influence how I feel about them. Based on how others treat me (and those around them), I either like them or I don't like them and that's about it. If I see them use their strength to protect others, I might TRUST them more, but "respect" seems like such a distancing term to me. I think the hierarchy I perceive is very different that the hierarchy Se-valuers do.
    Interesting to think of respect as being Se-related. (I am very concerned about respect!)
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Interesting to think of respect as being Se-related. (I am very concerned about respect!)
    Haha, I might be full of shit, but it was just something I had never noticed before. My behavior towards people is generally influenced by how I think they deserve to be treated, not how much I should respect them. For example, an IEI friend's family was in an uproar when her cousin insulted her mother for being a crazy bitch, which she is. It was a tactless gesture that put her in a very rough spot with the family and ruined her in their eyes, and based on that alone I said that it was a stupid thing for her to do, but when I was telling this to my IEI friend she cut me off and said, "No, it was stupid because my mother is her ELDER and deserves her RESPECT!" So I don't know? Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. I feel like another Ne-ego is going to come in here and call me an idiot now, haha.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I found it very interesting too. I'm extremely concerned about respect, my biggest fear is too look pityul or weak (not in a romantic, flirty, non-threatening way, but as in a generaly needy, pathetic person). And I'm alergic to needy, eager, clingy people who almost beg others to like them - especially guys (probably explains my disastrous relationship history ) . It's the desperation and the lack of pride that bugs me, not the kindness or warmth.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Haha, I might be full of shit, but it was just something I had never noticed before. My behavior towards people is generally influenced by how I think they deserve to be treated, not how much I should respect them. For example, an IEI friend's family was in an uproar when her cousin insulted her mother for being a crazy bitch, which she is. It was a tactless gesture that put her in a very rough spot with the family and ruined her in their eyes, and based on that alone I said that it was a stupid thing for her to do, but when I was telling this to my IEI friend she cut me off and said, "No, it was stupid because my mother is her ELDER and deserves her RESPECT!" So I don't know? Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. I feel like another Ne-ego is going to come in here and call me an idiot now, haha.
    Oh, I would never say such a thing. People deserve my respect because I decided they are respect-worthy by my own standards, not because they are elders or superiors. Evil grandmas from hell don't deserve respect

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Oh, I would never say such a thing. People deserve my respect because I decided they are respect-worthy by my own standards, not because they are elders or superiors. Evil grandmas from hell don't deserve respect
    Haha, yep! Pretty much my thoughts. So maybe I AM wrong after all.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it very interesting too. I'm extremely concerned about respect, my biggest fear is too look pityul or weak (not in a romantic, flirty, non-threatening way, but as in a generaly needy, pathetic person). And I'm alergic to needy, eager, clingy people who almost beg others to like them - especially guys (probably explains my disastrous relationship history ) . It's the desperation and the lack of pride that bugs me, not the kindness or warmth.
    Agree!
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Haha, yep! Pretty much my thoughts. So maybe I AM wrong after all.
    Lol, I have no idea really. I would never say that to my mother (in general I fake I like people even if I can't stand them. It's difficult to notice the difference in my demeanor ) or to a granny though haha, I would just think to myself "crazy bitch"

I don't respect every strong person, but strongness and social dominancy are definitely something I keep in high regard and try to achieve, if that makes sense. It's hard for me to explain - it's just that I'm extremely aware of power relations in every group and I'm pulled towards strong, dominant people (not in case I can't stand them ofc), who have high status or are a valuable source of social capital (it's an almost unconscious pull, it's not as coldly calculated as I made it sound )

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol, I have no idea really. I would never say that to my mother (in general I fake I like people even if I can't stand them. It's difficult to notice the difference in my demeanor ) or to a granny though haha, I would just think to myself "crazy bitch"

I don't respect every strong person, but strongness and social dominancy are definitely something I keep in high regard and try to achieve, if that makes sense. It's hard for me to explain - it's just that I'm extremely aware of power relations in every group and I'm pulled towards strong, dominant people (not in case I can't stand them ofc), who have high status or are a valuable source of social capital (it's an almost unconscious pull, it's not as coldly calculated as I made it sound )
    I'm pretty much the same way in the first example, lol. And I think I know what you mean. Personally, I get along with powerful people, but I think my approach is different. I try to create rapport with anyone I think is competent, reasonably agreeable and not crazy (also reliable), mainly because I feel like there might be a time when I'll need them eventually, and I want to be on good terms with them when that time comes. Also, I think I do it unconsciously because I feel like I can learn to emulate them and become more self-sufficient.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast