Thread: Explain your PoLR with examples thread

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I'm pretty good with directions and stuff, but I think it's because I tend to overly prepare. E.g. if I have to be somewhere right on time and I've never been to that area before, I'll memorise the map, and sometimes I'll even go on Google Maps Street View and do a walk-through. If I constantly tell myself, "OK, I'm walking south... now if I turn left I'll be heading east..." or if I picture myself as a little dot on a map, I won't ever get lost, but if I'm distracted for a bit I'll have no idea which direction I'm facing, sometimes even in familiar places.
    I'm exactly like you with this regard. I can do this quite adeptly.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really have that problem, ahah. Actually maybe the opposite
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Fe-polr: Fe-creative friend charges into the room in which I'm sitting in front of the computer and is reenacting a bank heist while he is holding some object to resemble a pistol. He wants me to participate and act as bank clerk so he constantly prompts me to lay on the floor. I freeze, look at him and wait until it's over.

rofl

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fe-PoLR example:

If God had not wanted us to be cannibals he would not have made us delicious to eat, especially when very young.
    ^ complete re-definition of ethical criteria

YES. Again don't know if it's just IEI (Te-PoLR + Se-DS?). I get the feeling SEIs aren't so bad at this.
    It's related to weak Si rather than Te-PoLR. It's usually the Si-egos, including Te-devaluing ESEs and SEIs, who would criticize me for not completing various upkeep tasks right away, including filling out applications as soon as I receive them. I remember going to the bank with an ESE and the woman gave us wrong change which was only by 28 of local currency units. She only noticed it after we left the bank and were well on our way back. So the ESE went back to the bank get that exact change - I frankly would not have bothered because in my estimation it simply wasn't worth the travel back time.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I'm an exception (or if there's some vague possibility that I've been mistyped) but I agree with most of what has been said by the IEI's about Te Polr. I am terrible with things like making phone calls to utility companies or booking plane tickets or correcting a mistake that is making it so that I'm not getting paid, etc etc. But a lot of times it's this feeling that "well, I don't need this thing right now, and having to figure out how to do this action really stresses me out, so I can put it off until I actually need it."

I do get into weird moods though, when I will obsessively take care of everything of this kind and focus on all the details and not be able to rest until everything's out of the way so I can go back to reading and spacing out and being generally daydreamy again.

"(In order) to compensate for my (feelings of) uncertainty, insecurity, inadequacy, inferiority, low self-esteem, anxiety I have to write a lot, read a lot, [attempt to] follow some system/program/plan, get good marks/grades, help people with stuff, strive for some semblance of a future, etc."
    Disturbingly true.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like they suffer from a lack of becoming one with the environment/lack of harmony with what is occurring onscreen unless they can become engaged/connected with the movie characters/storyline, for often their mind seems more focused on thoughts and actions (?) so they have difficulty just resting. It's almost like they have to decide to join in with a movie or television show unless something catches their interest. They don't often just sit in front of the television watching nothing in particular.
    Definitely true for me. No clue if it's related to my PoLR or not, though.

The polr of this type also shows itself in their lack of need of touch and not making very good 'comforters/nurses' for really they have not much time and patience for dealing with sicknesses especially if the patient is a whiner/complainer or someone who hides behind sickness. In fact they seem to not like talk about health, fitness etc much at all and may not realise that they have been sick until it is either very obvious or even after the fact.
    I can comfort / nurture someone very close to me, say my girlfriend, or my mother or father or brother, if they were sick. Not really random strangers and not really people that I know "well" but not "close". Not at all actually.

I don't like to talk about health especially when people ask me specifics. I like talking about fitness in terms of performance.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    No, I never do that. Could never imagine being that anal over something so banal.

Well, I usually don't like to sit and do nothing. I get bored easily, but I don't think that's Si PoLR.

I don't like having to take care of sick people or little kids. I'm not much of a nurturer.

I don't mind talking about fitness, if it's things like sharing performance specs, e.g. "I ran 10 km in 48:02 today" or "I increased my benchpress X lbs last wk using this routine." But if someone's going to drone at me about the results of their last health check-up and what the doctor said about their prostrate, then… zZzZzZzzzzz go away plz.
    Maybe you aren't LIE. lol
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-PoLR:
    1.) Insert faux-pas
    Rationalize the faux-pas and shift the blame to the expectation being neither explicated nor reasonable/necessary.

2.) Insert argumentative reaction to other's words and behavior
    Oblivious and careless towards the emotional impact on others due to word choice, tone, demeanor,`setting etc

Goes for Te Base/Fe Role too, but Fe-PoLR is more vulnerable.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 11-18-2011 at 01:18 AM.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Examples of Se-PoLR I have seen in myself or others (the "I" in the following phrases could refer to either myself or others):

- "I can easily share with you what is the meaning of life, but if you ask me whether I prefer bread or noodles, I am unable to tell."

- Not taking a proactive stance to change the areas which I am unsatisfied with in my life because I tend to over-analyse the various possibilities that might take place after I have made the change and there is a possibility that worst case scenario might happen. Therefore, it is better to stay in my current position, rather than "jump from a frying pan to a boiling pot".

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More for polr:

The likely EIE was thrown quite out of whack when they recently entered a McDonalds restaurant to order lunch when they saw the menu board had changed significantly and now included the governments health initiative of including the kilojoule count for items.
    http://http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/en/Media-Centre/Media-Releases-by-Topic/Healthy-eating/Kiloujoule-counters-on-the-menu.aspx
    They were so thrown out of whack that they almost walked away from the fast food premises, they stressed out over what to order even though they previously had in mind what they would like to eat, they allowed someone to barge in front of them to order and when finally ordered themselves they brought something that they would not have really considered prior.
    Afterwards the person spoke about how it took the fun away from having a meal out and mentioned that this would cause some people to not order anything at all and just leave like they themselves had thought of doing and if they had been there by themselves they would have done so.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"Do this NOW. Do it.....for god's sake no one ever listens to me."

SEE: NO.

Me: Pffffff
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    More for polr:

The likely EIE was thrown quite out of whack when they recently entered a McDonalds restaurant to order lunch when they saw the menu board had changed significantly and now included the governments health initiative of including the kilojoule count for items.
    http://http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/en/Media-Centre/Media-Releases-by-Topic/Healthy-eating/Kiloujoule-counters-on-the-menu.aspx
    They were so thrown out of whack that they almost walked away from the fast food premises, they stressed out over what to order even though they previously had in mind what they would like to eat, they allowed someone to barge in front of them to order and when finally ordered themselves they brought something that they would not have really considered prior.
    Afterwards the person spoke about how it took the fun away from having a meal out and mentioned that this would cause some people to not order anything at all and just leave like they themselves had thought of doing and if they had been there by themselves they would have done so.
    Ew, this EIE sounds kinda insane tbh, what's the big deal with some calories counter, they are everywhere...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ew, this EIE sounds kinda insane tbh, what's the big deal with some calories counter, they are everywhere...
    I think that it would be a normal kind of reaction for someone with polr maybe moreso the EIE it seems, to be thrown off course to some degree when encountering something like this new government kilojoule health initiative for the first time. She only voiced her thoughts quietly with people whom she has formed close relationships with and kept her cool despite it being obvious that she was internally thrown out of whack by never having encountered this before.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Yeah, I routinely glance at that info on food I eat, and I like that it's there. Can't imagine freaking out over it.
    Mmm well in our state they are writing the kilojoule information in large not small writing on the menus, display boards etc...very very large writing at times. At a cafe that one of my daughters works at they are even informing customers of the kilojoules of all extra items ordered!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that it would be a normal kind of reaction for someone with polr
    Why...I thought everyone knew food was supposed to give you energy...

Mmm well in our state they are writing the kilojoule information in large not small writing on the menus, display boards etc...very very large writing at times. At a cafe that one of my daughters works at they are even informing customers of the kilojoules of all extra items ordered!
    Lol well people going out of their way to tell me would piss me off ok

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My parents are both Si PoLR. I don't know how much of this is PoLR, just weak and unvalued Si in general, or some quirk of theirs, but anyway:

1. They were abysmal at taking care of us when we were sick, and finally would just take us to my grandma's if one of us was sick.

2. They don't tell anyone how they're feeling, no matter how sick they are. My mom had open heart surgery, and no one knew until the day before, and then only because my mom was worried that my dad wouldn't be able to take care of he (see #1) and so they called my sister to fly out to take care of her during her recovery. (Some notice might have been nice!) I know my dad is sick as well but I don't know the specifics, as no one tells anyone. He has a disabled parking sticker for his car now but I have no idea what specifically that's for. They just say nothing and pretend they're fine. "La LALALA LA LA I can't hear you, illness!"
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Slacker View Post
    2. They don't tell anyone how they're feeling, no matter how sick they are. My mom had open heart surgery, and no one knew until the day before, and then only because my mom was worried that my dad wouldn't be able to take care of he (see #1) and so they called my sister to fly out to take care of her during her recovery. (Some notice might have been nice!) I know my dad is sick as well but I don't know the specifics, as no one tells anyone. He has a disabled parking sticker for his car now but I have no idea what specifically that's for. They just say nothing and pretend they're fine. "La LALALA LA LA I can't hear you, illness!"
    Yeah I do this. I mean I'm young so I'm not frequently sick nor I have chronical illnesses, but I can see myself doing it. However it's not like I don't do anything to take care of it, I just prefer to do it myself...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm yeah that might be a lot of it for them. I think it's part thinking that if they don't acknowledge what's wrong, it isnt' there, but also that they don't like taking care of others OR being taken care of.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.) Insert faux-pas
    Rationalize the faux-pas and shift the blame to the expectation being neither explicated nor reasonable/necessary.

Oblivious and careless towards the emotional impact on others due to word choice, tone, demeanor,`setting etc
    I think Fi-polr can look like this too...

The biggest difference I can see is that usually ILE/SLE's who are being argumentative and careless often still make an attempt to be funny and "one-up" people in that way, so of course they (being Fe-mobilizing) aren't being careless towards their own perceived emotional impact. But I think having a feeling function in the weakest position will create the effect you've described regardless of which type of feeling it is--it's more about what group of people you're around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    Well, not sure about this, but...

Often times, when I am walking from one place to another, someone will be in my way. If they are talking to someone or doing something, I end up taking a route completely different than the one I planned because I really don't want to bother them.
    Awww. That's so nice.

Reuben: i can't tell if english isn't your first language or you're an ignorant little fucker.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi PoLR:

Moments of not giving a shit.

If I'm not hurt, it didn't hurt.

Tell me how bad you feel, I can relate. But if you're not a good friend, I propably don't feel anything, except if you're pathetic. Then I'm amused and will propably try to hurt you.

I am evil incarnate.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

polr in my brother:

>shopping for a present for parents' anniversary.

>brother insists on getting an expensive and somewhat impractical-looking couch, which looked like it was altogether too delicate for a living room where people watch TV and eat and everything.

>I insist that it would get dirty very easily and it was impractical.

>"well, everything gets dirty! we will just sit on it less"

>he wins, he's older.

>a few months later, couch is already ripping apart at the seams.

>mfw

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 52-year old economist EIE mother demonstrated her Si polr by buying a grotesque neon-pink ruffle umbrella that had pictures of the 101 dalmatians and a handle made of fake diamonds. Doesn't exactly suit the dress code for her office.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a tendency to forget to look for cars before crossing driveways. Even if I do, I usually only do it only for the sake of doing it, because I've been taught to, but I'm actually thinkin about something else and not concentrating at all, so I might just start crossing even if there is a car coming. I've also been told I never slow down enough when approaching a crosswalk with a red traffic light, so the drivers cannot know if I'm going to stop or not.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Moosey Moose View Post
    polr in my brother:

>shopping for a present for parents' anniversary.

>brother insists on getting an expensive and somewhat impractical-looking couch, which looked like it was altogether too delicate for a living room where people watch TV and eat and everything.

>I insist that it would get dirty very easily and it was impractical.

>"well, everything gets dirty! we will just sit on it less"

>he wins, he's older.

>a few months later, couch is already ripping apart at the seams.

>mfw

Doesn't sound like polr to me My Moosey Moose as polr types think little about the here and now i.e. getting caught up with something occurring in the moment without thinking about some aftercare consequences.
    The EIE (not so sure about LIE) may of course at times just give in and go along with others decisions in something like buying an impractical couch which is going to be a problem longterm but usually not without somehow conveying their concerns.
    Instead they very much care about whether or not long term things will have to taken care of or not, such as need cleaning, maintenance, ironing, upkeep, just dealing with any problems, as they don't want something to be a nuisance to look after or a never-ending chore.
    Last edited by Hays; 11-24-2011 at 05:41 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Exposure with objects, like clothes, and people, stresses me out and I need to go hide out, hibernate for a few days, rehydrate, and relax before I can do it again.

I never ignore my comfort or my needs in pursuit of doing things and going places.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-24-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Examples of EIE Si-PoLR: reading that a fashion label is "in" at the moment, then buying a complete outfit (dress, earrings, head thing, shoes) from that one label. Buying overpriced prestige-label fashion items, and always managing to make them clash while maintaining that she's going for some Vogue trend. When eating a meal with friends, declares one dish to be amazing (previously mentioning that it was highly recommended in a review), and when other people disagree with specifics (too salty, funny aftertaste), looks confused and disheartened and doesn't even try to defend her opinion.
    So true .

If they read reviews of what's 'in' they can definitely go overboard with purchasing these usually high quality and recommended products though they still will be drawn to easycare items which require minimal looking after.

That was also a great example of how they can be with food.
    Last edited by Hays; 11-24-2011 at 03:04 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    My Fi-Polr..something like:

*Agee recieves gift from person A*

Agee: "Eehhh...um, yeah whatever..." *dry cough*

Agee Thinking: Hehehe, aww thats sweet!

*Agee doesn't receive gift from person B*

Agee: "......Oh..okay..well its the thought that counts." *Staleface*

Agee Thinking: Oh..okay, its like that? You don't like me?! You CHEAP BATCH!!!
    You blow off a gift? You're nicer to the person who doesn't give you a gift than the one who does? What do you hope to gain from that?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-24-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    -

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, of course not lol. I don't blow it off, I was just giving an example describing how i'd act in contrast to what im actually thinking/feeling in that type of situation.

Also the scenario with person B, what im thinking shows how I might sometimes jump to conclusions or personally misinterpret how the person really felt about me since I didn't receive a gift from them (not that i'd ever throw a tantrum for not receiving something, im just talking in general).

In either scenario, its clear that im not really comfortable expressing my own personal feelings, which is how my Fi-POLR manifests.
    Last edited by Leader; 11-24-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as polr types think little about the here and now i.e. getting caught up with something occurring in the moment without thinking about some aftercare consequences.
    creative types look at aftercare consequences, because they don't get caught up in the moment? Or did you mean it the other way around? Either way, I think you are reducing Si to moronic simplicity.

1. Ni polr types are dynamic, as are Si polr types. They both have the same orientation towards time. The difference in how they interpret it. Si looks at concrete, sensorial links, whereas Ni looks at archetypal, abstract links.
    2. Ni does not deal with causal links between concrete events or connections between two objects and how they would interact. That is Si, whether it is in the present, the future, or the past.
    3. Ni has nothing to do with time in the sense that we understand it, i.e. the progression of concrete events. It is time if it had no sense of direction, which is not what we are dealing with here.

Instead they very much care about whether or not long term things will have to taken care of or not, such as need cleaning, maintenance, ironing, upkeep, just dealing with any problems, as they don't want something to be a nuisance to look after or a never-ending chore.
    Or have trouble measuring how much maintenance it would require, and buy something impractical on whim and regret it later. In fact, any type that can easily tell how much maintenance something is going to require in the future (which is a very sensory focus on detail) is probably not a Si-polr type.

Semi-related: see Morcheeba for Si-polr decision-making.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well clearly Si PoLR must be very different in LIEs and EIEs because I can't ever imagine myself buying trendy clothes by reading a magazine or eating a dish because it's recommended by chefs (???). Or maybe you meant the part where she managed to make it look bad & can't answer questions about food.

Arsal's example however might be fitting, yes. Agarina's example too - I don't really think much about dress codes and such when I buy clothes or anything like that.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Moosey Moose View Post
    Or have trouble measuring how much maintenance it would require, and buy something impractical on whim and regret it later. In fact, any type that can easily tell how much maintenance something is going to require in the future (which is a very sensory focus on detail) is probably not a Si-polr type.
    I never said it was easy for polr of the EIE to tell how much maintenance etc something would need, what I did try to say was that they do not like things to become never-ending chores etc and therefore are aware of this dislike within themselves so avoid bringing these things into their lives as much as possible.

They can easily learn through negative experiences how much they dislike expending time and energy on maintaining products etc so they keep this in mind for the future and are often then repelled by those kind of items.
    Last edited by Hays; 11-24-2011 at 02:38 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-PoLR:

Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Fe-PoLR:
    1.) Insert faux-pas

Goes for Te Base/Fe Role too, but Fe-PoLR is more vulnerable.
    3.) Inability to demonstrate interest towards X object/person/thing
    Skepticism and avoidance of overly(superficially) interested others.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 11-27-2011 at 02:34 AM.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I think Fi-polr can look like this too...

The biggest difference I can see is that usually ILE/SLE's who are being argumentative and careless often still make an attempt to be funny and "one-up" people in that way, so of course they (being Fe-mobilizing) aren't being careless towards their own perceived emotional impact. But I think having a feeling function in the weakest position will create the effect you've described regardless of which type of feeling it is--it's more about what group of people you're around.
    By argumentative reaction, I mean that Te Cre/Fe PoLR always needs to be right, and that there is always an objective point to make (clarification, justification, explanation). The way Te handles information, a person is only wrong because a lack of perspective or information on the issue, the logic fails because of an inadequate understanding.

Te conflicts with Fe in that Fe will be communicating wishes, intentions, general points, expectations, emotionality, assumptions, implications etc through words and Te will perceive the literal information from these words instead of the intended Fe style.

Where Fe is just trying to communicate a message, Te perceives the nuances as inaccurate, wrong, unjustified, etc begins to nitpick and therein lies the conflict. One might say of Fe-PoLR: "Why are you being so difficult? Just take my words for my intentions, for what I'm trying to do or get you to do and not the actuality/accuracy of the words relative to their context".
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I can come across as very warm, but it needs to be guided Fi. I will generally regard most displays of Fe as transparent fakery and elaborate ceremony, and it will often offend my sensibility toward Fi-based interaction.
    LSE are insecure about what people think of them they tend to let other people take the lead in interpersonal reactions; this is how the extravert allows themselves to be led by external circumstances and how the introvert decides that the external should be on their terms. Because deciding factors come from outside of them, they are shaped by, moved by their external atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Fe-polr: Fe-creative friend charges into the room in which I'm sitting in front of the computer and is reenacting a bank heist while he is holding some object to resemble a pistol. He wants me to participate and act as bank clerk so he constantly prompts me to lay on the floor. I freeze, look at him and wait until it's over.

yeah, Fe-PoLR types do have an affectless facial expression.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-27-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I don't know if I'm an exception (or if there's some vague possibility that I've been mistyped) but I agree with most of what has been said by the IEI's about Te Polr. I am terrible with things like making phone calls to utility companies or booking plane tickets or correcting a mistake that is making it so that I'm not getting paid, etc etc. But a lot of times it's this feeling that "well, I don't need this thing right now, and having to figure out how to do this action really stresses me out, so I can put it off until I actually need it."

I do get into weird moods though, when I will obsessively take care of everything of this kind and focus on all the details and not be able to rest until everything's out of the way so I can go back to reading and spacing out and being generally daydreamy again.

Disturbingly true.
    Who are you quoting?
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well clearly Si PoLR must be very different in LIEs and EIEs because I can't ever imagine myself buying trendy clothes by reading a magazine or eating a dish because it's recommended by chefs (???). Or maybe you meant the part where she managed to make it look bad & can't answer questions about food.

Arsal's example however might be fitting, yes. Agarina's example too - I don't really think much about dress codes and such when I buy clothes or anything like that.
    You're not a girl.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-27-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

delta Se-PoLR

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that literally explains what happened to me last week. i had to wait 2 weeks and a half to get paid, most people would freak but i was just like "whatever, it's not like i need the money that bad".

and then then you focus on that one thing that you obsessively need to take care of you suddenly forget your other tasks. then you get yelled at for not doign those other tasks and you get all pissy, moody, crabby, victimize yourself and shit....

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast